So I wondering if I am not playing the game correctly.  The reason why I ask is because I do a quest that is on an island. Fits my party level.  Then I get to a boss that is way too high for my party so I can't finish the quest.  I feel like I have to come back to that quest later in the game but by then I forget what the story line was.  Is this common with this game?

31 minutes ago, Mozer92 said:

So I wondering if I am not playing the game correctly.  The reason why I ask is because I do a quest that is on an island. Fits my party level.  Then I get to a boss that is way too high for my party so I can't finish the quest.  I feel like I have to come back to that quest later in the game but by then I forget what the story line was.  Is this common with this game?

can you be specific? what encounter are you referencing? are you playing potd? 

there are a few encounters which is disproportionate difficult compared to immediate adjacent content, but it ain't the norm. 

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Keep in mind that some enemies will be of higher level then you, to provide a decent challenge. Fighting few enemies who are of higher level then you doesn’t mean the fight is not balanced (there is five of you after all). 

If I remember well, it's about level 6-7 content. Titan and one fight in the ruins a spikes in difficulty. Does Titan still summon greater blights on PotD? Siccorio can be devastating on early levels. 

Again, skulls for individual enemies don't mean much. All that means is that this particular enemy is more than three levels higher then you. It is common to see multiple enemies of higher level within enemy composition. 

If you want to cheese the fight, then lure him away from enterance as to avoid fighting summons at the same time. You can use barrels in the Xaurip's camp for some easy damange (just don't blow yourself up). Get rid of his concentration and interupt him, whenever he tries to grab someone. Make sure you have some decent crash damage to go through AR. 

If that won't help, then just come back later:-). 

48 minutes ago, Mozer92 said:

The Storms of Poko Kohara.  That Golem boss.  You have to go in the ruins to finish the quest.

particular on potd, the boss is more difficult than the other content on the map in question or in the ruins you will be accessing. if you gotta fight the titan and the adds at the same time, it may be much more difficult than you would reasonably expect.

Spoiler

lure the titan to the west and fight it in the narrow rock bottleneck immediate south o' the western most tower o' the ruins. set up traps and whatnot. the titan does not have great wil saves and its armour is weakest 'gainst shock. give your tank a club and activate the modal to further reduce wil, then use will affecting spells which lower deflection or cause damage to emasculate the boss further. if you get yourself in a pinch, while the titan is immune to resolve afflictions, it is not immune to intellect afflictions. charm it with whisper o' treason and then heal up or reposition as needed. 

will, shock, corrode and crush... go at the titan with such.

if you got a chanter in the party who may nullify concentration, that would be another great tactic as you are gonna wanna be able to either interrupt his big attacks, or perfect time so kinda escape from range o' his grab or kick. better to interrupt as a disengagement hit from the titan hurts.

is a tougher battle than surrounding stuff, but is not insurmountable at level 10 or even level 8 on potd. need to cheese it a bit? do so.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)