RAND0M VIDE0 GAME NEW5

Well, it looks nice I guess.  Needs more dismemberment, though, slashed a saber through one of the scout troopers and didn't look like it cut him in half.

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

1 hour ago, Malcador said:

Well, it looks nice I guess.  Needs more dismemberment, though, slashed a saber through one of the scout troopers and didn't look like it cut him in half.

Yeah, odd. I thought it was a rating thing, but apparently it's provisionally rated PEGI 16 (no ESRB rating yet). Jedi Academy was PEGI 12, and it contained appendage chopping galore.

Perhaps in the final version.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

3 hours ago, melkathi said:

Is the player character the actor that plays the Joker in Gotham?

I guess the technical answer has to be no; it's the guy who played Jerome/ Jeremiah/ (Mr) J/ etc instead since they weren't allowed to use the name 'Joker' officially. Which was kind of hilarious when DC's licensing was so disorganised they had two Joker films in simultaneous development with two different actors playing the role...

1 hour ago, 213374U said:

Yeah, odd. I thought it was a rating thing, but apparently it's provisionally rated PEGI 16 (no ESRB rating yet). Jedi Academy was PEGI 12, and it contained appendage chopping galore.

Perhaps in the final version.

Did Jedi Academy have it on by default? I know JK2 had it, but you had to set a flag/ use a console command to turn it on.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, injurai said:

It looks fairly linear, which is a good thing. I like open world games as much as the next guy, but Lord knows we have no shortage of those. Sometimes, a deliberately paced, well controlled, mostly linear experience is just what the doctor ordered.

If I were the cynical sort, I would say "How will EA **** this up?". And I am, so I'm saying it. :p

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 5

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

At this point I have zero interest in the story. I just want to play Jedi and **** **** up in awesome ways. Just give a lot of compelling set pieces both action and puzzle to be solved uniquely by a Jedi and I will have a good time.

1 hour ago, Zoraptor said:

I guess the technical answer has to be no; it's the guy who played Jerome/ Jeremiah/ (Mr) J/ etc instead since they weren't allowed to use the name 'Joker' officially. Which was kind of hilarious when DC's licensing was so disorganised they had two Joker films in simultaneous development with two different actors playing the role...

Did Jedi Academy have it on by default? I know JK2 had it, but you had to set a flag/ use a console command to turn it on.

I believe JA was the same situation where you had to turn on the dismemberment, has been a while though.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

2 hours ago, Zoraptor said:

IIRC there was a menu toggle that allowed for hands and feet to be chopped off occasionally when you killed someone with a lightsaber. The console commands allowed you to crank it up to 11, removing heads, cutting people in half, etc.

As above, I'm giddy with anticipation to see how EA will manage to botch this one.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

I could go back and quote myself from years ago saying that Cyberpunk would release 2020 as homage to the pen and paper game, but I'll instead just leave the announced release date here: 16/4/2020.

Edited by the_dog_days
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I still won't be surprised if it still gets delayed into late Summer, and CDPR chooses not to have it as a centerpiece at E3 2020 since independent marketing will already be ready to ramp up soon after.

“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

Amazing dialogue in that trailer.  $80 CAD for it, oof.   I do like the GOG page stating that all your money goes to the CD Projekt Group

Edited by Malcador
  • Like 1

Keanu Reeves! Keanu Mother****ing Reeves!

giphy.gif

I feel bad for the game that had to follow that... whatever it was.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Why is Keanu such a big deal ?