RAND0M VIDE0 GAME NEW5

So it's immersive that the armor can make BJ the paraplegic do his ****, but unimmersive that his two daughters can do it? He goes on about that alot. Too bad about the other things being added like RPG mechanics and whatnot. Respawning enemies I would guess is a systemslimitation, gotta conserve that consoleram somehow I guess.

• Like 2

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

9 hours ago, Azdeus said:

So it's immersive that the armor can make BJ the paraplegic do his ****, but unimmersive that his two daughters can do it? He goes on about that alot. Too bad about the other things being added like RPG mechanics and whatnot. Respawning enemies I would guess is a systemslimitation, gotta conserve that consoleram somehow I guess.

BJ didn't need any armor though? I mean, doubt they'd have let him keep it when they locked him up and he was just fine. He was also muscular to the point he made the Governator seem scrawny. Either way I thought his point was more that they wanted to add girl power without wanting to "compromise" by making the girls look like they'd be able to do the stuff they're doing (which would mean they'd have had to be quite a bit more muscular than the, as the author puts it, "scrawny teenagers" they are). I would tend to agree on that point. Easiest way to make someone strong without making them look like they work out? Exoskeleton! Nano-suit!

As for the "story" as someone put it on Steam: could have been a great story about living in the shadow of BJ and his accomplishments/reputation or merely the fact that he's killed thousands, instead they went with whatever the hell this cringy mess is.

• Thanks 1

I'm sorry, but as soon as someone starts arguing about how it's ridiculous that 2 teenage girls can wield superhuman powers because sexy powered armor their whole argument goes out the window, as far as I'm concerned. I mean, we're talking about Wolfenstein here. WOLFENSTEIN! These games aren't exactly known for being realistic. This is a series that features dual wielding assault rifles and shotguns, a woman doing action stunts straight out of Fast n Furious movies while in late term pregnancy, nazi fire skeletons, Mecha Hitler, oh, and by the way, BJ gets his ****ing head cut completely off his body and SURVIVES!  2 teenage girls doing crazy action movie stuff because sexy powered armor fits the series to a tee, as far as I'm concerned.

Wolfenstein: Youngblood may have a lot of problems (bullet sponge enemies, cramming RPG elements where they aren't needed nor wanted, etc.), but the protagonists aren't one... two, I guess, of them.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

2 hours ago, marelooke said:

BJ didn't need any armor though? I mean, doubt they'd have let him keep it when they locked him up and he was just fine. He was also muscular to the point he made the Governator seem scrawny. Either way I thought his point was more that they wanted to add girl power without wanting to "compromise" by making the girls look like they'd be able to do the stuff they're doing (which would mean they'd have had to be quite a bit more muscular than the, as the author puts it, "scrawny teenagers" they are). I would tend to agree on that point. Easiest way to make someone strong without making them look like they work out? Exoskeleton! Nano-suit!

As for the "story" as someone put it on Steam: could have been a great story about living in the shadow of BJ and his accomplishments/reputation or merely the fact that he's killed thousands, instead they went with whatever the hell this cringy mess is.

It's quickly established that BJ is unable to control his legs properly and loads of other things that basically means his body is useless in the beginning of the game. Once he gets the powerarmour though he can move normally again, he can't walk without it. It is established in the previous game just how vital that armour is for BJ to do anything.

Storywise it might be complete and utter pooptown for what I know, I haven't played the game. But the video author both start and ends his video complaining about that powersuit.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

1 hour ago, Keyrock said:

I'm sorry, but as soon as someone starts arguing about how it's ridiculous that 2 teenage girls can wield superhuman powers because sexy powered armor their whole argument goes out the window, as far as I'm concerned. I mean, we're talking about Wolfenstein here. WOLFENSTEIN! These games aren't exactly known for being realistic. This is a series that features dual wielding assault rifles and shotguns, a woman doing action stunts straight out of Fast n Furious movies while in late term pregnancy, nazi fire skeletons, Mecha Hitler, oh, and by the way, BJ gets his ****ing head cut completely off his body and SURVIVES!  2 teenage girls doing crazy action movie stuff because sexy powered armor fits the series to a tee, as far as I'm concerned.

Wolfenstein: Youngblood may have a lot of problems (bullet sponge enemies, cramming RPG elements where they aren't needed nor wanted, etc.), but the protagonists aren't one... two, I guess, of them.

If you mean the appearance of the protagonists, then I can agree (though I do see his point, which doesn't mean I *agree* with his point, let's make that clear here and now). Their behaviour, otoh, yeah, I do have a problem with that, it turned me off of the game as soon as I saw the announcement video.

I feel the need to point this out again: I never claimed I agreed with all his points necessarily, I just thought the video entertaining. As I said, the protagonists' behaviour turned me off from the game immediately, so I am quite aware I'm not in the target audience, just enjoying me some schadenfreude (if nothing else, AAA titles tend to provide plenty of entertainment that way alone).

Edited by marelooke
typos

2 hours ago, Azdeus said:

It's quickly established that BJ is unable to control his legs properly and loads of other things that basically means his body is useless in the beginning of the game. Once he gets the powerarmour though he can move normally again, he can't walk without it. It is established in the previous game just how vital that armour is for BJ to do anything.

Storywise it might be complete and utter pooptown for what I know, I haven't played the game. But the video author both start and ends his video complaining about that powersuit.

Right, had to look that one up since I haven't played through The New Colossus yet and I'd forgotten about the suit in The New Order (worn by someone else). Still he only needs it because of an injury, not because he's just not trained well enough to do what he does.

Either way I figure that to be a minor detail (didn't even notice his focus on it, honestly), the stuff that interested me, personally was the RPG mechanics and the looter-shooter parts, well and the behaviour of the protagonists (which I, as I already mentioned, already abhorred after the announcement).

Sounds a lot like a worse Shadow Warrior 2 to me, which I also thought was pretty bland when compared to the original reboot and was ill served (imho) by similar mechanics that are apparently being introduced here. Except Lo Wang was a tad more likeable than what I've seen of these two sisters.

EDIT: in case you want a bit more of a non-funny, accurate review:

In case it matters, I'm with Lawrence on this one.

Edited by marelooke

Phoenix Point's release got pushed to December. 3. September will be the release of Backer Build 5 now.

While the development team is working hard, and Phoenix Point is shaping up really well, we now know we’re going to need more time to get it to meet our very high standards. As you probably know, Snapshot has a commitment to keep crunch to a minimum – and that is a commitment we take very seriously. Therefore, because we know we have more work than we have time, we will be delaying the release of game from September 3, 2019 to December, 2019.

No surprise really.

Edited by melkathi
added quote form the announcement

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

• Like 3

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Well from what I’ve seen in the few cutscenes from the W:YB, the two protagonists are just too much of a genderswapped Beavis and Butt-Head show, which induced me pretty big cringe, even at my teenage age 😄 

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

On 7/30/2019 at 1:23 AM, melkathi said:

Phoenix Point's release got pushed to December. 3. September will be the release of Backer Build 5 now.

No surprise really.

Kinda selective about which commitments they keep, aren't they? But I can't really argue against not working their staff to death either.

Well, having played the backer builds, I wasn't convinced they could release in September. At least we know they are working on the project though and delays aren't them doing something else and forgetting about it - which isn't that rare with crowd funded projects.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

6 hours ago, melkathi said:

Well, having played the backer builds, I wasn't convinced they could release in September. At least we know they are working on the project though and delays aren't them doing something else and forgetting about it - which isn't that rare with crowd funded projects.

Given how Epic basically bought them out (to the detriment of said backers) I doubt they'd be happy about not getting what they paid for... ;)

Working on something else would be pretty ballsy, I for one, won't support them again as their word has been proven to be worth about as much as that of the average politician.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Lexx said:

From the stuff I saw it looked like it is shaping up good? Is that not the case?

What is there is awesome. But there is just so much that wasn't in the backer builds, and the time they had till September just seemed too little.

I believe they could have announced this delay earlier but may have avoided it so it wouldn't be at the same time as the Epic controversy.

So this popped up in my suggestions the other day. As you all are probably aware it has been widely reported that the UK says lootboxes are not gambling, of course the truth is a lot more nuanced and Bellular goes through the entire parliamentary hearing (of which most "journalists" read the first paragaph or so, apparently):

The TL;DR could be summed up pretty accurately as "The UK doesn't consider lootboxes gambling (by their legal definition), but the UK Gambling Commission argues they probably should be."

• Thanks 1

We love a good gamble in England. Every other shop in any town/city is a gambling shop. We should reduce the legal age, let everyone have a gamble! Why not! These companies need to make money right? What do we need it for?! All we need is a can of Super Tennant's or Special Brew, bi weekly dole payment and a tracksuit and just hang outside of William Hill get plastered from 9am. 

• Like 2

nowt

Huh, that Bellular wanker is doing non-WoW stuff now ?

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

*watches that Wolfenstein review video*

ROFL. His commentary is hilarious.  "Best thing about it is that the levels are so small, we don't want big levels anymore, we might get lost, we don't want that happening! Getting lost is not fun in a game, cause then you have to use your brains." 

Doesn't even look like a 99 cent game, for me.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours