RAND0M VIDE0 GAME NEW5

4 minutes ago, Malcador said:

Why is Keanu such a big deal ?

Have you not seen John Wick?

Beyond that, while I obviously don't know Keanu personally, he's widely regarded as one of the most genuinely nice SUPER MEGA GIGA HYPER stars in Hollywood.

• Like 2

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

People are indeed strange.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Anyway, XBOX presentation highlights for me:

Cyberpunk 2077Xpfio50.gif

Ori 2tenor.gif

Outer WorldsCheapShinyJunco-size_restricted.gif

Tales of Arisegiphy.gif

Microsoft Flight Simulatortenor.gif?itemid=10121476

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

well i usually not start strucked but Keenu was in some movies which are really relevant to Cyberpunk, ofc not mentioning Matrix, but John Mnemonic was such a classic and it was one of the first real cyberpunk movies. So hurrah

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

He has done a lot of cyberpunkish movie projects (Matrix, Johnny Mnemonic, hmm, that semi animated wotsit and something else too?) but I think most people just like Keanu think he's excellent, recently for John Wick and more generally because he's lasted forever without being a typical Tom Cruise/ Brad Pitt type star.

• Like 2

Johnny Mnemonic is underrated. It's not a classic, or anything, but it is a fun movie.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 3

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Hm, think the near 6/10 it has on IMDB is pretty accurate.  Does have one of Reeves' funnier acting examples - the "I want room service" scene.

3 minutes ago, Zoraptor said:

that semi animated wotsit 

A Scanner Darkly. That movie was tripped the **** out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

seems like he might play established figure in lore:

https://cyberpunk.fandom.com/wiki/Johnny_Silverhand

• Thanks 1
  • Gasp! 1

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

A small chunk of gameplay.  Looks like you can get a mono-molecular whip like in Johnny Mnemonic.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, the_dog_days said:

'Cause he's more down to earth than most movie stars.

Well, had meant big deal for being in the game. Nothing against the guy, he seems like the ideal film star but just wasn't getting why him in a game was the cause of such excitement I'm seeing elsewhere (granted one place is Reddit, so...).

I should add that I'm also hyped for Dying Light 2, but I'm waiting for the Squeenix presentation to see more of the game.

I know it won't happen, but I would love it if at the beginning of the Bethesda presentation Todd Howard comes out and just bluntly says:

"Look, I know we screwed the pooch with Fallout 76, and I get people are now worried about TES VI. I'm not going to blow smoke up your ass (again), but I will say that we're scrapping out crappy engine and just making TES VI in UE4. Our writing is still going to be ass, though. Baby steps."

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Spoiler

I do need another keychain.

Yawn? You mean you aren't as wildly enthusiastic for it as Bethesda's audience? That audience would make Kim Jong Un blush at its unwarranted adulation.

Though the audience reaction isn't quite as funny as Bethesda probably managing to miss the boat on the latest online fad, again, and probably managing to do it twice with the same game.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Bethesda presentation was hardcore cringe. It had some good stuff, namely Ghostwire, Deathloop, and Doom Eternal. I was facepalming for the rest of it.

I don't know if that was a paid shill or a really drunk guy in the audience, but my man was really obnoxious. It may have been multiple people. I dunno. 

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

As far as I could tell. There wasn't a single MS exclusive that interested me. I love AoE but like, I can only rehash the past for so long.

Elden Ring seems to be multi-plat, and Aesthetically I'm not really feeling it and I need gameplay anyways.

Obviously Cyberpunk 2077 content was awesome, easily has been my most anticipated game since that 2013 reveal and it's looking good.

12 Minutes looks quaint. Edge Of Tomorrow 2: Domestic Boogaloo.

2 minutes ago, injurai said:

As far as I could tell. There wasn't a single MS exclusive that interested me. I love AoE but like, I can only rehash the past for so long.

I would love new Ori on steam, gog or both. Lacking that - game pass.

So Zenimax... Obviously Doom Eternal looks great. I guess more content is great for the people that want it.

Bethesda remains the weakest arm of it's own company.

Ghostwire: Tokyo looks intriguing to say the least.

Deathloop looks quaint. Edge of Tomorrow 2: Dishonored Boogaloo. Wait... didn't I just say something like this?

Microsoft had a whole gaggle of games that caught my eye and their game pass sounded like a tempting offer. Cyberpunk 2077 looks good and I'm hyped:aiee: Keanu Reeves looked adorable pointing to the monitor and he looks genuinely excited to be there. RIP for Spiritfarer a charming little game that had the bad luck of presenting right after Cyberpunk 2077.  Elden Ring looks interesting, I wished they'd show a little more in terms of game play but if its Miyazaki I know it will crush my will to live.

There were definitely a lot of hecklers in the Bethesda conference. Now that I think about it, it seems like they had that problem with their past E3 conferences, (I remember specifically a few years ago a woman wouldn't shut up when they were presenting the Brotherhood update for ESO) I don't know if its their fans or paid actors but it can be pretty annoy when they interrupt near every few minutes. Ikumi showed off the greatest pose ever💃. I rarely gravitate towards horror games but Ghostwire: Tokyo, now that's something I think I can get into. Doom looks great but I still need to play the first one. Other than those nothing else really jumped out at me. I was hoping to get some more news on ES VI or Starfield but alas I will have to wait :shrugz:

• Like 2