24 minutes ago, dunehunter said:

Yes, specially when u combine Blade cascade with a potentially 200-300% lash buff, it’s devastating. Almost all combat can end in 30 sec with both activated. And SoT is the key.

i mean, this is my point. blade cascade has a 5% chance to proc, and you need to build up that lash buff. You also need to spend 3-ish salvations of time, which costs an empower point as well.

you can also end most fights in less time and setup with a single empowered symbol. SoT certainly can be metagamed to be powerful (and can become degenerate), but let's anchor that a bit.

That only shows that the effects of Conduit (sometimes, but you have to cheese) and Blade Cascade (always) are too powerful - like Brilliant. Giving players superpotent but ultrashort effects and then allowing flat prolonging isn't overly smart in the first place if you want to achieve balance. Either do not deliver very strong effects in the first place or don't allow flat prolonging. 

On the other side: "abusing" SoT in order to extend very short potent stuff like Blade Cascade can be fun and interesting. 

I still don't think SoT is the problem. Blade Cascade is just too good. It would have needed a counter and not a duration. Conduit would have needed a cap. Or simply a fixed lash. Using BDD in order to survive 300pt shock damage is the cheesy part - not casting SoT afterwards imo. Casting of SoT itself takes some time away from the duration already. 

Besides that: shouldn't SoT only add 10 seconds? At least that's the number I'm referring to. Anything else is either a bug or wrong description. 

• Thanks 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

6 hours ago, Boeroer said:

Do you mean seal spells or symbol spells? 

Tho you can only put one seal on the ground at one time ind Deadfire, you can place multiple symbol of magran if casting from stealth, they last pretty long if you have high INT so you can place a lot , then use Call of Rymrgand to pull enemies to your trap.

I think Obsidian try to prevent the same strategy we used in Poe 1 to stack enough seal to kill enemies right after starting combat, so they put a limit on number of seals we can put at one time, but Symbol is still stackable, only drawback is it last much less than seal so how many you can put is limit to let's say 6-7 in max.

Edited by dunehunter

I also find that for Storm of Holy Fire, 1 Power level = 2 accuracy, 

this is with Magran's favor:

image.png.a3802837cc3b3187ffffd8d1d9550fe1.png

this is with Magran's favor + Sun & Moon:

image.png.c76d12ac23a04bb4bc3bae046f21e4a8.png

Bug or not this makes Holy Fire has extremely high accuracy if you have enough PL. I'm able to reach 180+ with empower lol.

1 hour ago, dunehunter said:

I also find that for Storm of Holy Fire, 1 Power level = 2 accuracy, 

some very few spells and effects get weirdly boosted benefits from PL scaling.

Theoretically, you're only supposed to get +2 acc per PL if there's nothing else on the spell to boost (repulsing seal, slicken). I don't know why storm of holy fire would get that either. Do the projectiles get other forms of scaling? (I know that meteor swarm from a scroll really sucks because the actual projectiles themselves don't get any PL scaling to damage or PEN).

historically, some spells would get more or less PL scaling based on designer discretion. Most of that differentiation got wiped out in one of hte patches, but some differences still remain, either by accident or by intention. (Carnage gets +10% damage per PL, for example. One of the chanter invocations--I forget which--gets +2 acc per PL as well. May be intentional or maybe they forgot to fix it in their PL scaling fix.) I wonder if Storm of Holy Fire is an accident like that.

Edited by thelee

8 minutes ago, thelee said:

some very few spells and effects get weirdly boosted benefits from PL scaling.

Theoretically, you're only supposed to get +2 acc per PL if there's nothing else on the spell to boost (repulsing seal, slicken). I don't know why storm of holy fire would get that either. Do the projectiles get other forms of scaling? (I know that meteor swarm from a scroll really sucks because the actual projectiles themselves don't get any PL scaling to damage or PEN).

historically, some spells would get more or less PL scaling based on designer discretion. Most of that differentiation got wiped out in one of hte patches, but some differences still remain, either by accident or by intention. (Carnage gets +10% damage per PL, for example. One of the chanter invocations--I forget which--gets +2 acc per PL as well. May be intentional or maybe they forgot to fix it in their PL scaling fix.) I wonder if Storm of Holy Fire is an accident like that.

Base 20 + level 57 + max Per 25 + spell level 12 = 114

SC priest has 10 PL with prestige, + 4 from weapons + 5 empower + 2 potion + 1 from stone amulet + 1 from food = 23PL = 16x2 accuracy 

Devotion of faith 10 + Ring 10 + Pet 5 + Glove 3 + Human 7 + Serpent crown 10 + nature resolve 10 = 55 extra accuracy

So in total 201 accuracy with holy storm lol

In PoE1 the stacking of seals (and traps) was fixed as well at some point iirc.

You can "stack" any pulsing spell that has a long enough duration and is castable out of combat from stealth as long as you don't hit any enemy - see Chillfog for example or Wicked Briars. It's not exclusive to symbol of XY spells. Walls can't be stacked by a single char though (like seals). But you have to prevent that enemies get lured into the AoE by the noise of impact or stealth will break. I don't think it's overly powerful cheese in a normal playthrough (party setup I mean) because it's rel. tedious to manage. Abilities shouldn't be balanced around solo performance imo.

+2 ACC per PL on Storm of Holy Fire: explains why I intuitively use it as often as I can. It always has great impact (as long as enemies aren't very resistant/immune). Since it's not too high-level this has some noticable effect later on. I think it's ok because the spell (like some others like Missile Salvo) has no foe-only area no matter your INT and can't be shaped with Spell Shaping. Both is annoying as hell if I am with a party - and balances out the higher ACC for me.

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

1 hour ago, Boeroer said:

In PoE1 the stacking of seals (and traps) was fixed as well at some point iirc.

You can "stack" any pulsing spell that has a long enough duration and is castable out of combat from stealth as long as you don't hit any enemy - see Chillfog for example or Wicked Briars. It's not exclusive to symbol of XY spells. Walls can't be stacked by a single char though (like seals). But you have to prevent that enemies get lured into the AoE by the noise of impact or stealth will break. I don't think it's overly powerful cheese in a normal playthrough (party setup I mean) because it's rel. tedious to manage. Abilities shouldn't be balanced around solo performance imo.

+2 ACC per PL on Storm of Holy Fire: explains why I intuitively use it as often as I can. It always has great impact (as long as enemies aren't very resistant/immune). Since it's not too high-level this has some noticable effect later on. I think it's ok because the spell (like some others like Missile Salvo) has no foe-only area no matter your INT and can't be shaped with Spell Shaping. Both is annoying as hell if I am with a party - and balances out the higher ACC for me.

Maybe +2 are for "hazardish" spells ? I remember that Prone Seal also gets +2 ???