My party is 20th level and I have never fought wael before. It's tough... I'm almost about to give up - the best I managed was to get him down to blooded and then a load of monsters appeared. I tried once destroying all devices around him but it didn't seem to do much - is there any point doing this? 

I've seen people on YT solo him, which makes me feel worse as I have a full party. 

See. 

Edited by ArnoldRimmer

Also on YT I see that some people have a differrent Wael. Like this:

With lots of eyeballs everywhere and stars in the background. When I meet him it's like he is in some kind of stomach without eyeballs in the ground. Why is this? The version with eye balls looks a lot easier

Edited by ArnoldRimmer

Brilliant from cipher on Xoti +SoT and BDD, the same on Aloth +buffs and wall of draining. Tank with palla and Eder. Dont kill adds immediatly, Aloth needs some targets for wall. Debuff and nuke it. If you have scordeo edge you can try to proc scordeo with Aloth and slash it into pieces. 

Edited by Waski

signature2jpg-SM2.jpg

general: 

in addition to previous stated...

-focus on oracle. am not certain if attacking polyps or arcane whatevers is doing anything useful as o' 5.0. interrupt aoe from scavengers and soul mirrors, but focus on oracle. the oracle cannot be interrupted, but the scavengers and soul mirrors ain't impervious to interrupts. your eder should be able to handle a significant portion o' interrupting efforts.

-if you are one o' those people who never needed food or potions or scrolls for deadfire battles, you will be unlikely to say the same after this battle. stock up on miraculous healing and arcane reflection potions. the best arcane reflection potions is using rare ingredients, so unless you planned ahead, you may need to go with imperfect arcane reflection potions... still worth it. 

-use figurines, but main use for figurines is to draw attacks from scavengers and soul mirrors which might otherwise target your party. 

-chances are you only have one character in party with high arcana, but if you got multiple it would be fantastic, 'cause stacks of greater maelstrom, storm of holy fire, gaze of the adragan, wall of many colors and especial wilting winds is a serious game changer.  wilting winds is so good 'cause unlike virtual every other main game boss in poe or deadfire, the oracle and its flunkies is weakest to fort saves. give the oracle a whack or two with a morningstar modal, then hit it and scavengers with wilting winds.  

-withdrawal (potion spell, scroll) is all useful. 

-your goal for oracle can be near death... if you have xoti using soul bound dagger with worthy sacrifice. marux amanth is the ultimate anti-climax weapon for boss fights. 75% dead is a bit easier than 100%, yes?

hit with marux amanth worthy sacrifice and then que up your pat travers.

good luck.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I tried with my party of low arcane very heavy hitters and lost each time.  I saw the light, I went in with a high asset setup like this; My watcher was a barbarian (Mythic Sanguine Harvest), a tank (Eder, Legendary Amira Axe) each of the following with very high arcana; priest, wizard & chanter each loaded with at least 5 assorted high damage scrolls; Maelstrom, Storm of Holy Fire, Meteor Shower, Wilting Wind, etc.,. I had prepped everyone "before" jumping down the hole with a rest that oncluded Mohara wraps and each was laden with miraculous recovery elixirs to cover hits...  I cannot stress the importance of distracting items such as Servant of the Stars, grave hound, etc.  What a difference this makes.  I almost felt sorry for the thing... It never had a chance... it was constantly being interrupted and shat upon... again and again... It didn't take long, as the damage were big numbers in quick succession. The other troubles: were taken care of by my barbarian, the Soul Scavengers and other entities were dealt with quickly.

That is what i really like about POE I and II  - one has to really try everything... I switched out my crews and trained everyone by boarding and fighting on many, many Principi Master ships, thereby raising them up to Lvl 20 as well as learning just how the spells are used  and how they work... also making money a non-issue by selling everything at Periki's...  so now, I plan the approach to handle the Crystal Spider... this is really great play...

Edited by LotharVI
I am an idiot and I didn't check my grammar...

On 6/17/2019 at 10:48 PM, LotharVI said:

- For what it is worth, I put the thing out of it's misery...  Why would anyone want that around?

Those beautiful, beautiful eyes? 

Gave the body to our friendly neighbourhood lich Wizard on my latest playthrogh. Kinda sad I didn’t have enough constitution to eat a mushroom and give the body to the spores, as my PC was a nature lover. 

On 6/19/2019 at 1:48 AM, Wormerine said:

Those beautiful, beautiful eyes? 

Gave the body to our friendly neighbourhood lich Wizard on my latest playthrogh. Kinda sad I didn’t have enough constitution to eat a mushroom and give the body to the spores, as my PC was a nature lover. 

Kinda unrelated, but what actually happens if you give the Oracle to Concelhaut? I remember giving him the body as a joke and subsequently realising I had to redo the entire fight (which sucked). Are there any event-related slides or some such?

6 hours ago, wingedchocolatecake said:

Kinda unrelated, but what actually happens if you give the Oracle to Concelhaut? I remember giving him the body as a joke and subsequently realising I had to redo the entire fight (which sucked). Are there any event-related slides or some such?

I haven't wrapped up the playthrough just yet (might be a bit stuck on the final mega boss who was kind enough to wipe all but one in a single unavoidable attack. 

EDIT: Blah, decided to leave the constuct be. Here is the slide:

FAnK3yD.jpg

Edited by Wormerine
  • Like 1

• 2 years later...

The advice in this thread was generally not good for my party.  What you learn from playing MMO's is you have to take care of the adds first.  But hey, the people posting in this thread must know what they are doing, so we'll focus on the Oracle.  I didn't have success  until I let Eder tank the Oracle, then focused on killing the dynamic entities and the adds with the rest of the party.

It seems like if you destroy the dynamic entities there will be fewer adds, and if you try to ignore the adds they will annihilate your party and you won't have a chance.  It doesn't take too many delayed fireballs and such to really make a real mess, especially if you are using a close formation to take advantage of healing benefits.  Because of all the AOE's and the charm and domination attacks I had more success when I spread the party out.

• Like 1

yeah i don't remember this old thread, but i think it's very party dependent. in some parties i can just brute force the oracle down real fast and take care of the adds later, but in other parties there's no way i can survive the onslaught of adds as they rush onward.

that being said, just to add some clarification for posterity:

On 6/7/2019 at 7:42 AM, Gromnir said:

am not certain if attacking polyps or arcane whatevers is doing anything useful as o' 5.0.

the oracle and adds will actually want to attack polyps if left alone (discovered this in my ultimate run where i do a lot of hiding). leave polyps alone. they will add fluid to the chamber and make and more of it a slog zone, which is extremely annoying for your mobility (except for tekehu and any coral aumaua).

the arcane whatevers will stun the oracle for a few seconds if destroyed. in some parties I have found it worthwhile to take them out one lantern at a time, because even for a few seconds it's nice to get a break from the oracle's perpetual beaming.

also as some tech for future players - the more I use moonwell the more Hawt Tech it is. The fact that it protects you against a fire attack is aces. Stock up on scrolls (there's a decent number in FS alone) and use them a lot in the fight - they'll protect you from delayed fireballs, on top of giving you healing.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, thelee said:

also as some tech for future players - the more I use moonwell the more Hawt Tech it is. The fact that it protects you against a fire attack is aces. Stock up on scrolls (there's a decent number in FS alone) and use them a lot in the fight - they'll protect you from delayed fireballs, on top of giving you healing.

That's amazing advice.  Something I was unaware of.

15 minutes ago, NotDumbEnough said:

It's also why I love having Tekehu chant Aefyllath Ues Mith Fyr: it lets you use Crushing Wave recklessly.

hot damn, i was always annoyed at hitting myself with crushing wave and it completely slipped my mind that i could combine this with aefyllath.

when the keywords work/are properly set you can have some fun interactions