Whispers of the Endless Path's AoE works with Swift Flurry again

Hi, 

as title says: today I played around with a Berserker/Helwalker, trying to find combos that proc Swift Flurry/Heartbeat Drumming a lot (spoiler: Monring Star is a great candidate) when I found out that WotEP's AoE hits triggered both effects occasionally.

Fun times! :) 

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Isn’t that a side effect of the community patch’s fix for sneak attack, perchance?

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

ZFYFMmu.png

Programmers who tried recursion, usually learn to be super-careful about it...

P.S. It's curious how OBS first tried to nerf the proc chance first, before giving up, and making "Swift Flurry will no longer recursively proc infinitely" in v1.1.0. But I guess it only means that Swift_Flurry_Attack cannot trigger another Swift_Flurry_Attack, while Swift_Flurry_Attack -> WotEP_Attack -> Swift_Flurry_Attack is still permitted.

• Like 1

Yup. Coming to a Nexus near you this very weekend, if that guy @Phenomenum is to be believed ;)

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Don't know how it's coded but if I use Swift Flurry and Heartbeat Drumming I have a ~50% chance that at least one of them procs with a crit. And it looks as if they can proc off of each other. 

Because when I use a char with very high crit conversion and effective ACC (Berserker/Monk + Morning Star with all the ACC/debuff/conversion shenanigans) I can often kill high health/low defense enemies like dummies with one single Barbaric Smash because I will get like 10+ consecutive procs. 

Possibly Swift Flurry can’t proc another Swift Flurry, but it can proc an Heartbeat Drumming (and vice versa.)

Edited by AndreaColombo

I'm also pretty sure it does. You can't produce 10 procs rel. reliably if they would just proc off each other but not themselves.

You have to have a very high crit change though. I managed to get a very high chance with Body Blows, Staggered (Spirit Frenzy), Weakened (Enervating Blows), Brute Force, Berserker Frenzy + Barbaric Smash and Enduring Dance. Enemies' fortitude was under zero at some point (wasn't very high to begin with). And then you'll see such chain procs. So maybe not a big problem in fights that have the appropriate level.

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

• 10 months later...
31 minutes ago, Boeroer said:

@Lunateric: Yes, Swift Flurry and Heartbeat Drumming can still chain-proc. As said you need high ACC vs. low defenses. Having additional hit-to-crot conversion also helps of course. 

Sorry for not being specific, I meant to ask if WotEP still triggers both HBD and Swift Flurry with its cone, would make it a much more appealing weapon for a devoted/monk.

I have not tested it lately though. Best to try it out before casting it aside. :) 

You can use your early game, open the console, type "iroll20s" and then "giveitem great_sword_u_whispers_of_the_endless_paths", "addexperiencetolevel 20" and level up your monk and equip him with WotEP. With "spawnprefabatmouse cre_dummy" you can spawn a non-moving enemy with lots of HP but nearly no dmg output. If you use arrow-up (on your keyboard) in the console you can repeat that last command so that you spawn lots of those. That trigger Swift Flurry and hit them. :) Don't overwrite your savegame with this session because calling iroll20s cancels achievements/berath blessing points and you don't want to save that over your original savegame.

5 hours ago, Boeroer said:

I have not tested it lately though. Best to try it out before casting it aside. :) 

You can use your early game, open the console, type "iroll20s" and then "giveitem great_sword_u_whispers_of_the_endless_paths", "addexperiencetolevel 20" and level up your monk and equip him with WotEP. With "spawnprefabatmouse cre_dummy" you can spawn a non-moving enemy with lots of HP but nearly no dmg output. If you use arrow-up (on your keyboard) in the console you can repeat that last command so that you spawn lots of those. That trigger Swift Flurry and hit them. :) Don't overwrite your savegame with this session because calling iroll20s cancels achievements/berath blessing points and you don't want to save that over your original savegame.

Gonna test just that, just arrived from work. Thank you!

Quick edit: I am proccing Flurry and Heartbeat Drumming out of every dummy if I hit several!

Edited by Lunateric
  • Like 1