So umm...how the heck do I actually kill the alpine dragon?

Over the past month or so I've been mining this board for tips and tricks for my Ultimate run, and you've all been incredibly helpful. It's been a 32 hour run and I'm so close I can taste it, but the mechanics are just too powerful for me. I need some expert advice.

I am a lvl 16 Living Lands Drifter Wild Orlan, and I missed the Gift of the Machine talent.

I have tried kiting, and that went okay, but it took 40 minutes and I got tail swiped at Badly Injured. I am countering the fear but I still barely hit him with any attacks. Adds are no problem thanks to Dragon Thrashed but then he steps on me.

I have most weapons and armour (only fight i have not done is Llengrath and this one) Any mechanics genius out there who could recommend a step by step process for dragon murder??

Actually you might not want to kill all minions with Dragon Thrashed. Usually they get in the way of the dragon and block him. You can then hit him with a good ranged weapon while he's doping not much - for example use Persistence. The wounding complelty bypassed the dragon's DR and stacks.

You can use Ancient Memory + Mercy and Kindness to heal yourself passively and with potions (Infuse with Vital Essence also profits from healing bonuses) while you shoot at the dragon and only switch to Dragon Thrashed once the dragon went down. 

The annoying wraiths and so on you might want to kill quickly though before finding a spot where you can cramp the rest of the minions. The ice blights are especially helpful when it comes to block the dragon.

Never forget to use Concelhaut's Crushing Doom on the Dragon.

If some spirits stun you often then a setup of Blaidh Golan and a second weapon slot with Hatchet + Little Savoir helps. Both items have preservation (+50 to all defenses) and stack. So you'll get +100 to all defenses if stunned or prone. This makes you nigh untouchable which can be very helpful. 

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Thank you for the advice! I tried the Persistence method and I couldn't stop missing...I'll go pour on the PER and give it another try.

Is Infuse with vital essence + mercy and kindness really enough to outheal the breath? I am skeptical. Or am I supposed to manage positioning so I can't be breathed on?

Edit: got it with persistence, you're a life saver. Any Llengrath tips? 

Hopefully the dragon will not do anything as long as minions are between you and him.

Aren't you using any consumables?

Infuse is to heal health should it be too low. For healing your endurance you can use scroll of Moonwell etc.

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods