Hey!

I haven't had the opportunity to go through the last DLCs for Deadfire, so I started a new playthrough.  I was feeling nostalgic for some Pillars.

I decided to start a new playthrough using adventurers based on my former Obsidian co-workers.  I have Berath's god challenge on, so if one of them dies, then I'll need to go and create a new dev.

Josh is obviously the party leader.

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

Will you be streaming/youtubing this? :)

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

9 hours ago, AndreaColombo said:

Will you be streaming/youtubing this? :)

Probably not.  I'm not great in front of a camera.  You can tell in the Pillars 1 documentary and an interview I did at GenCon.

9 hours ago, Boeroer said:

Huh? I didn't realize you quit Obsidian roughly a year ago.

What class is Josh? ;)

Josh is a Paladin/Monk, always looking for perfect balance.

I can't believe it's been close to a year.  I had some tragedy in my life and decided to start a new chapter.  I took an amazing opportunity at FoxNext Games and even though I miss working at Obsidian, I love what I'm doing now.

Kaz, the Wizard, died in my playthrough at the top level of the digsite.  He got replaced by Brennecke, a wizard/druid.  I feel like that fits a Programmer.

Fun fact, I named the Shiba Inu pet Kaz in Deadfire because Kaz always used the doge meme in temp art/icone

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

😎

So what's the rest of the party thus far?

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat:

12 hours ago, Silent Winter said:

😎

So what's the rest of the party thus far?

Josh - Paladin/Monk.
Britch - Barbarian/Chanter
Brennecke - Wizard/Druid
Carrie - Priest/Druid
Jena - Rogue/Cipher

Just completed the Pyramid besides the last fight.  I'm not going to be able to complete that at my level.

• Like 4

17 hours ago, mammasaura said:

That awkward moment when Josh will meet...

Reveal hidden contents

Talfor

I've long suspected that Josh chose to insert his likeness as that particular character because it's the role where the voice actor most obviously botched the con-lang.  (He pronounces "Vailians" as "villains".) 

On 6/1/2019 at 1:09 PM, Matt Sheets said:

Josh is a Paladin/Monk, always looking for perfect balance.

one assumes bleak walker... and good thing the critter cleaver exists 'cause otherwise you got pet choices limited to only cats, no? 

one hopes your tragedy is complete in the metaphorical rear view mirror. good luck on current and future endeavours.

HA! Good Fun!

ps create a bunch o' so cal game developer deadfire analogs?  for sake o' accuracy, we would likely limit class options to nalpazca monks as well as a variety o' chanter and druid subclasses. 

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

5 hours ago, Enoch said:

(He pronounces "Vailians" as "villains".) 

That's accurate.

:p

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

On 6/2/2019 at 2:19 PM, Matt Sheets said:

Josh - Paladin/Monk.
Britch - Barbarian/Chanter
Brennecke - Wizard/Druid
Carrie - Priest/Druid
Jena - Rogue/Cipher

Just completed the Pyramid besides the last fight.  I'm not going to be able to complete that at my level.

What are the Paladin and Priest subclasses?

Please keep us informed about the progress. :)

• Like 1

sign.jpg

On 6/3/2019 at 10:25 AM, pkirsch said:

We miss you, Matt! Hope you enjoy the DLCs ❤️ 

I miss you guys too!  I'm excited to go through them.

23 hours ago, Messier-31 said:

OK, cut to the chase, where are them screenies?

I'll grab some screenshots tonight.

I'm playing with one Blessing on, which is Explored World Map.

After the Pyramid of Woedica, I went around and picked up Blightheart and Lord Darryn's Voulge.  I landed in Nekataka and I'm going to make my way towards Modwyr.  I have a soft spot in my heart for the Soulbounds.

Brennecke.gif

Edited by Matt Sheets
  • Like 2