BUG Gift from the machine not givin after quest

DragorTheDrake

Question

ive just recently finished the quest a distant light and after talking with Eothas he gave me back a part of my soul which by extension should give me the talent gift from the machince but when I look at my charecter sheet it is not there ive looked it up and apparently this bug has exsisted for a long time with imported saves ive already tried uninstalling the game and then reinstalling but it does not work any suggestion?

Edited by DragorTheDrake

10 answers to this question

16 minutes ago, xzar_monty said:

Ok. How would you go about giving this to the Watcher via the console? 

Just install the mod. Download a "General Reward Talents" and copy "GiftFromTheMachine" folder into your "override" folder. If you don't used mods before, then create it: ....Pillars of Eternity II Deadfire\PillarsOfEternityII_Data\override

https://www.nexusmods.com/pillarsofeternity2/mods/310

No need to mess up with Unity Console - it may introduce stutter.

Edited by Phenomenum
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Im just wondering because im enjoying this game and I want to continue playing it but this bug bothers me the fact that it seem to have not been fixed after so long is what I find truley annoying about this whole situation.

I am not completely certain, but I don't think I got anything from that quest, either. I am on my first and only playthrough, and I keep noticing bugs in the game, too. I don't think any of them are going to be fixed anymore, but obviously I don't know and I would be happy to be wrong on this.

I think you've got two choices: give it up, or continue. I've decided to continue, because for me the pros quite clearly outweigh the cons, but yeah, it's not as if this game looks very polished, even if it's been out for more than a year.

• Like 1

Why not use the Unity Console to give yourself the talent?

• Like 1

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

12 hours ago, AndreaColombo said:

Why not use the Unity Console to give yourself the talent?

That's a good question. My answer is that I don't even know what the talent should be. How could I know? The game says you receive a part of your soul back, but I cannot deduce the name of the talent from that.

• Like 1

It’s called Gift from the Machine in Deadfire as well.

• Thanks 2

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

On 6/4/2019 at 1:07 PM, Phenomenum said:

Just install the mod. Download a "General Reward Talents" and copy "GiftFromTheMachine" folder into your "override" folder. If you don't used mods before, then create it: ....Pillars of Eternity II Deadfire\PillarsOfEternityII_Data\override

https://www.nexusmods.com/pillarsofeternity2/mods/310

No need to mess up with Unity Console - it may introduce stutter.

Thank you so much this worked and I am so greatful To you for bringing this to my attention this helped alot again thanks😃