Good Old Games still good

39 minutes ago, Skazz said:

^ I know some people don't have the best opinion about Stellaris, but I agree that the OST is simply pure aural bliss.

Patches come and go, but the music remains awesome.

Similar with WoW and its expansions, may be of varying quality but all of the soundtracks are quite memorable - I still love the random electric guitar in Netherstorm.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

On another note, there will be a lot of disappointed people grabbing the Witcher Goodies Collection without paying attention that it's just the goodie, not the actual games :)

• Like 1

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Daikatana for $0.97.  Tempting...

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Dunno if this is the right place to ask (Mod feel free to move it?) . Anyway, I have been looking for ages for this old game.

It look like xcom but it isnt . It has normal soldier. That can crouch and hide behind stuff.

I brought it from a store, at a very low price...and that was years ago . Like 20+ years ago.

But for the life of me, I can't find it in Abondoware or any old games website like Home of the Underdog.

if anyone seen a game like that, plz let me know. 

I'll bet ye've got all sorts o' barmy questions! (She mimics your heroic stance) Greetin's, I have some questions... can ye tell me about this place? Who's the Lady o' Pain? I'm lookin' fer the magic Girdle of Swank Iron, have ye seen it? Do ye know where a portal ta the 2,817th Plane o' the Abyss might be? Do ye know where the Holy Flamin' Frost-Brand Gronk-Slayin' Vorpal Hammer o' Woundin' an' Returnin' an' Shootin'-Lightnin'-Out-Yer-Bum is?

Elderly Hive Dweller

4 minutes ago, E.RedMark said:

Dunno if this is the right place to ask (Mod feel free to move it?) . Anyway, I have been looking for ages for this old game.

It look like xcom but it isnt . It has normal soldier. That can crouch and hide behind stuff.

I brought it from a store, at a very low price...and that was years ago . Like 20+ years ago.

But for the life of me, I can't find it in Abondoware or any old games website like Home of the Underdog.

if anyone seen a game like that, plz let me know. 

Jagged Alliance comes to mind

166215__front.jpg

16 minutes ago, Skarpen said:

Jagged Alliance comes to mind

No. 

It was a simple game, with a small map. I don't even remember the name. I often just look at the picture and see if its the one.

Like I said it was like xcom, so you had a team. 

And the soldier wear green maybe or that army outfit like?

I'll bet ye've got all sorts o' barmy questions! (She mimics your heroic stance) Greetin's, I have some questions... can ye tell me about this place? Who's the Lady o' Pain? I'm lookin' fer the magic Girdle of Swank Iron, have ye seen it? Do ye know where a portal ta the 2,817th Plane o' the Abyss might be? Do ye know where the Holy Flamin' Frost-Brand Gronk-Slayin' Vorpal Hammer o' Woundin' an' Returnin' an' Shootin'-Lightnin'-Out-Yer-Bum is?

Elderly Hive Dweller

28 minutes ago, E.RedMark said:

No. 

It was a simple game, with a small map. I don't even remember the name. I often just look at the picture and see if its the one.

Like I said it was like xcom, so you had a team. 

And the soldier wear green maybe or that army outfit like?

Sorry, I need a little more to go on

Free games updated 3/4/21

I'm afraid there isn't much I could add. I mean the map were small. the soldier were limited unlike in xcom. 

It wasn't one of those old games all Pixel like. I brough it from a store alongside another. And when I moved, I lost both somehow. 

I know the chances of finding it are slim to none. But I though, I ask and if anyone see a game that has soldier crouching and shooting with simple rifle. Let me know. 

Elderly Hive Dweller

nope to both. 

I said simple, that mean think really crappy simple. Like no Inventory, no nothing. 

Elderly Hive Dweller

No. Not those. 

weren't those just for the old N64 ? I always though that lol . 

Should mention it was for PC. 

Edited by E.RedMark

Elderly Hive Dweller

Commandos?

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

No not commando, I have that one. 

Lol you can duck in ME2 ? All I remember is the ramming screaming ''Singularitee!'' 😁

• Like 1

Elderly Hive Dweller

well I did mention there is a chance I never find it. My post was just in case someone see something that maybe it..to let me know lol.

Y'know just for that 1% chance ? 

;)

Elderly Hive Dweller