Good Old Games still good

2 hours ago, Malcador said:

Blade Runner added

https://www.gog.com/game/blade_runner

Pretty apropos that this happened in 2019. Flying cars notwithstanding, Westwood created an eerily accurate current day Los Angeles 22 years ago. :shifty:

On a serious note, I'm all over this.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

• 2 weeks later...

Tower of Time giveaway on GOG!!!

• Like 2

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

1 hour ago, ShadySands said:

If I could only log in

Finally got in only to see that I already owned it :(

You can probably redeem one more copy and offer it to some giveaway *hint hint* ;)

• Haha 1

I have made the decision to pretty much stop  buying anything from GOG, and I am in the process of migrating to Steam.

For this Winter sales, I have spent close to $100 on Steam and from other venues that sell Steam keys.  I spent about $30 on Origin -- but only to buy Mass Effect trilogy and Dragon Age II DLC packs, which are Origin exclusives that are  not available on Steam or elsewhere.  Those DLC were the last and only things I wanted from Origin, so most likely I will NEVER spend any money on Origin ever again after this Winter sales.  I am looking to spend $5 to $10 on Epic because I want to use the $10 off $15 coupon.

On GOG, however, I have spent only about $3 for this Winter Sales, and only very reluctantly because those games were not discounted (at 80-percent) elsewhere.  This entire year (2019), I have spend less than $20 on GOG.  I currently own over 400 games on GOG, and almost all of them were bought before 2018. 

I will still buy games from GOG if they are not available on Steam and made by CDProjektRed.  Otherwise, I will continue to stay away from GOG.  Frankly, if I can find a way to get rid of my GOG account and recoup most of the money, I will do it.

I will write a long article as to why I have made that decision later.  A lot of reasons that have contributed to my final decisions to distance myself from GOG.  Honestly, other than the cult-like mentality to support "No DRM", (which is really just a gimmick that appealed to me in the past but not anymore,) I have found very few other reasons to buy from GOG.

Edited by ktchong

2 hours ago, ktchong said:

I spent about $30 on Origin -- but only to buy Mass Effect trilogy and Dragon Age II DLC packs . . .

You wasted your money. They show as downloaded but don't activate on Origin for some reason. I tried many different fixes I googled, talking to customer support (even they didn't know what was wrong), and sending BoiWare an email. Nothing fixed the problem.

Just got tower of time for free on GOG, plus former wasteland 2 and postal 2 giveaway, a pretty great Christmas/ new year gift for me.🙂

I have struggle to understand a Universe that allows the destruction of an entire planet. Which will win this endless conflict - destruction or creation? The only thing I know for certain is never to place your faith entirely on one side. Play the middle if you want to survive.

Everyone else is a fanatic. I am Gauldoth Half-Dead. Your savior.

2 hours ago, the_dog_days said:

You wasted your money. They show as downloaded but don't activate on Origin for some reason. I tried many different fixes I googled, talking to customer support (even they didn't know what was wrong), and sending BoiWare an email. Nothing fixed the problem.

Whoa. 

Anyway, I am downloading Mass Effect 2 + DLC right now, just to test them to see if they work properly.

Based on what I've been reading, you need to connect to the now-defunct "Cerberus Network" to use the DLC: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Mass-Effect-2/Can-t-connect-to-Cerberus-network-in-Mass-Effect-2/td-p/5893580

Edited by ktchong

1 hour ago, ktchong said:

Whoa. 

Anyway, I am downloading Mass Effect 2 + DLC right now, just to test them to see if they work properly.

Based on what I've been reading, you need to connect to the now-defunct "Cerberus Network" to use the DLC: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Mass-Effect-2/Can-t-connect-to-Cerberus-network-in-Mass-Effect-2/td-p/5893580

The Mass Effect series dlc works just fine. It's Dragon Age 2 that's borked.

Whoa thanks. 

Anyway, I completed my Mass Effect trilogy DLC last week, but bought the Dragon Age 2 DLC just this week.    Will ask for a refund quickly.

Frankly, I've never been much of a fan of Dragon Age.  I am more of a fan of the Mass Effect trilogy, and always thought the Dragon Age universe pale in comparison to  many other sword-and-sorcery, elf-and-dragon fantasy competitions that have over-saturated the RPG market.  Only got the first two Dragon Age to complete my "classic BioWare collections".

Edited by ktchong

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/1/2020 at 4:10 AM, ktchong said:

I have made the decision to pretty much stop  buying anything from GOG, and I am in the process of migrating to Steam.

For this Winter sales, I have spent close to $100 on Steam and from other venues that sell Steam keys.  I spent about $30 on Origin -- but only to buy Mass Effect trilogy and Dragon Age II DLC packs, which are Origin exclusives that are  not available on Steam or elsewhere.  Those DLC were the last and only things I wanted from Origin, so most likely I will NEVER spend any money on Origin ever again after this Winter sales.  I am looking to spend $5 to $10 on Epic because I want to use the $10 off $15 coupon.

On GOG, however, I have spent only about $3 for this Winter Sales, and only very reluctantly because those games were not discounted (at 80-percent) elsewhere.  This entire year (2019), I have spend less than $20 on GOG.  I currently own over 400 games on GOG, and almost all of them were bought before 2018. 

I will still buy games from GOG if they are not available on Steam and made by CDProjektRed.  Otherwise, I will continue to stay away from GOG.  Frankly, if I can find a way to get rid of my GOG account and recoup most of the money, I will do it.

I will write a long article as to why I have made that decision later.  A lot of reasons that have contributed to my final decisions to distance myself from GOG.  Honestly, other than the cult-like mentality to support "No DRM", (which is really just a gimmick that appealed to me in the past but not anymore,) I have found very few other reasons to buy from GOG.

GOG Galaxy 2.0 is amazing, that's the #1 reason right there. Also, much better support of older titles on modern systems -- every one of my GOG games runs on Windows 10 "out of the box". After that it's mostly about personal preference, differences between communities, etc.

Sidenote (and maybe I'm missing sth here): what's up with the huge font?

Shadow Thief of the Obsidian Order

My Backloggery

Frankly the only reason I started buying on GoG was for digital versions of very old games. After that I'd occasionally buy one because I liked having a full version I could download that was not tied to any launcher. So one day if I retire to a log cabin in the woods I could maybe still play those games even if I had no internet.  But their selection is still sparse in terms of stuff I'd personally buy/play, even if they have been getting more and more of the newer indies.

Saying their launcher is amazing isn't a real (objective) reason to buy from GoG, imo. Some people feel that way about Steam's launcher. Some hate all launchers, period and the whole reason they want GoG games is to avoid launchers. Still personal preference.

I'm not sure why one would want to completely halt buying from GoG tho, unless it's about wanting the most games on a singular launcher only (Galaxy doesn't = not having to have other launchers installed). Steam is probably still the best for that sort of thing, for now. Myself, I simply buy a game on the platform I dislike the least, if there is one - or I don't buy it.

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Galaxy 2.0 is the only launcher that allows you to integrate and organize all your platforms in one place and thus organize and manage your entire game library in one launcher. It keeps track of achievements, hours played and games owned, combined across platforms. I've been using it since august last year (closed beta) and it's very impressive, and the kind of evolution I want to fully support -- hence my choice of GOG as my primary platform.

• Like 3

Shadow Thief of the Obsidian Order

My Backloggery

16 hours ago, Lorfean said:

Galaxy 2.0 is the only launcher that allows you to integrate and organize all your platforms in one place and thus organize and manage your entire game library in one launcher. It keeps track of achievements, hours played and games owned, combined across platforms. I've been using it since august last year (closed beta) and it's very impressive, and the kind of evolution I want to fully support -- hence my choice of GOG as my primary platform.

I've also been using Galaxy since last summer and can vouch for this. 2.0 is great, especially if you're a thrift shopper like I am and have games on basically whatever happens to be the cheapest.

• Like 3

The Surge 2 arrived on GOG today!

https://www.gog.com/news/release_the_surge_2

On 1/15/2020 at 2:49 AM, Lorfean said:

On 1/15/2020 at 6:44 PM, the_dog_days said:

I've also been using Galaxy since last summer and can vouch for this. 2.0 is great, especially if you're a thrift shopper like I am and have games on basically whatever happens to be the cheapest.

Well, I'll say this at least - the fact GoG doesn't FORCE you to use their launcher to simply play their (single player) games is a win. When I first heard of Galaxy that was my main concern. If they ever do go that route then I'd personally not see any reason to buy newer games from them vs. Steam. Just me and my own "don't want lots of launchers" pickiness of course.

Edited by LadyCrimson
  • Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

🤦‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 3 weeks later...