Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Can someone give a hand for this nice potantial portrait. With some ship and a sea at the background I think it looks really cool.

1145-big.jpg

 

Edited by Hallacson
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi everyone,

On my way to start a first run of Deadfire in the days or weeks to come, I thought I'd post these two, in hope one of you talented people who already made so many great watercolor versions would find one of them, or both, interesting enough to give it a shot and thus some of your time 🙏

In fact, I'm wondering myself which one would suits best my planned character : a stoic, clever and honest (but clearly not the classical cheesy and benevolent world-saver) monk-druidess with a strong tendency to serve Berath. I don't know her race yet, probably a human but who knows.

If someone has any other suggestion of portrait that could fit this type of character I'll gladly take that as well 😁

HumF127_lg.png

HumF90_lg.png

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey guys, got this male portrait i really like for MC - i tried to make watercolor portrait for it using GIMP guide on the forums but so far failed miserably. Any kind soul able to help me out here? I'm providing both portraits i used in PoE 1.


humanrev_pal_lg.png.0527edeaa9f39388fbc9f8208b208e6d.png

humanrev_pal_sm.png.2adfab23e03867aaf1bd196488e37c7c.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...

I would love an Orlan Moon Godlike and Nature Godlike made from this.

Is anyone willing to help me out with this? I suck at recolouring... I tried for half an hour but just couldn't get anything remotely decent out of it. xD

No water-colouring stuff, just recolouring (I don't even know if one is easier than the other)

female_orlan_f_lg.png

female_orlan_f_sm.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 5/29/2021 at 12:12 AM, SirMirrorcoat said:

I would love an Orlan Moon Godlike and Nature Godlike made from this.

Is anyone willing to help me out with this? I suck at recolouring... I tried for half an hour but just couldn't get anything remotely decent out of it. xD

No water-colouring stuff, just recolouring (I don't even know if one is easier than the other)

female_orlan_f_sm.png

Did you try just moving the Hue slider along? I've had a go with that image and it works really well.
In Photoshop go to Image->Adjustments->Hue/Saturation

45BNvcA.pngCS4MPU9.pngHYYzKcH.pnggE5bz0v.png

To stop the eyes and mouth changing colour as you change the hue, you select them and then select->inverse before doing the Hue change.

Edited by Svartypops
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I hit upon a way to make Poster Edges look better: double the image size before doing it. Then halve the image size afterwards. Sounds mad, but imho looks good.

H7upGhh.pngSSOBwjy.png

Edited by Svartypops
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, GinaC said:

Could someone make a portrait for me from this artwork, please?

 

ace3cbe16be72096c1bb12b02eefa727.jpg

Is this ok?
SfcaeJa.pngJVHpoGa.png8vgXKyD.png62HGSMw.png
It was bugging me, so I did another with a quadruple sized image instead of double - and I didn't mess about putting 20% of the original face behind this one.

aa_GinaC_convo_ALTERNATE.png

Edited by Svartypops
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 4/11/2021 at 9:02 PM, Hallacson said:

Can someone give a hand for this nice potantial portrait. With some ship and a sea at the background I think it looks really cool.

1145-big.jpg

 

Will this do?

Boring_Man_convo.pngBoring_Man_si.pngBoring_Man_sm.pngBoring_Man_lg.png

 

 

For the watercolour, my process has become:

(I used other people's tutorials to formulate this method, and much of the credit should be theirs. We stand on the shoulder of giants).

  • Duplicate the original image in a new layer. Make the first layer invisible using that little eye icon on the layer.
  • Select around the image, cutting off the background - there are lots of tricks to this, one of my favourites is Select Colour Range.
  • Cut image out.
  • Make a new image twice or four times (for this one) as big and paste your image in.
  • Stretch your image to fit in it (edit -> transform -> scale). You know how maths works, it's best to use the numbers instead of manually stretching it. 
  • <This is where to try maybe doing a watercolour effect if you want to change it from another art style>
  • Filter -> Artistic -> Poster Edges - the second setting is always 1, but the other two can vary. 
  • Copy all and paste it into the original image, shrinking it to 50% or 25% to undo your stretch (edit -> transform -> scale). 
  • Copy and Paste the parchment background from it's file, and put it behind the image (layers order).
  • Click back to the main image.
  • Image -> Adjustment -> Photo Filter -> Cooling Filter 80 -> 25%.
  • Image -> Adjustment -> Exposure -> Exposure 1.5   (this can vary a lot)
  • Layer -> Layer Style -> Blending Options -> Blend Mode -> Multiply.

 

For this image I blurred the background;

Once I've cut the background from around the man's head and shoulders,

I selected the area that I cropped off,

then selected the original image layer,

and did a Filter -> Gaussian Blur (it only blurs what I've selected).

 

Edited by Svartypops
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

  

On 6/9/2019 at 1:13 AM, WesSoto said:

Any water portrait experts able to make these strong beautiful ladies into Watchers for Deadfire? I think many would find them worthy to be played in on PoE I hope. ❤️ 

Credits to the artists which I'll post links below for those interested. 


1st pic - https://www.deviantart.com/ynorka/art/Amarae-portrait-587823085

2nd pic - https://www.deviantart.com/bablar/art/Pretty-Parda-778447092

3rd pic - https://www.deviantart.com/rhytz/art/Freedom-isn-t-Free-v2-498393337

Ynorka+Chiu-www.kaifineart.com-1.jpg

 

Well, I only wanted to add a background, but I ended up with this...
 

amarae2_convo.pngamarae2_lg.pngamarae2_si.pngamarae2_sm.png

I really should concentrate on making them fit the templates because they don't look as good in the game as I thought they would. My bad.
...

aa_amarae2_convo.png.d11038e1b10a1561be4cf4ec95a2e46d.png

Edited by Svartypops
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Had some free time and wanted to test out a few things in photoshop. I won't be posting anymore watercolour conversions after these though.

Just feels a bit iffy to be altering the work of others without any idea of whose work I am altering, and really just worry about becoming the dead end of a google image search.

On 4/19/2021 at 9:20 PM, Azot said:

Hi everyone,

On my way to start a first run of Deadfire in the days or weeks to come, I thought I'd post these two, in hope one of you talented people who already made so many great watercolor versions would find one of them, or both, interesting enough to give it a shot and thus some of your time 🙏

In fact, I'm wondering myself which one would suits best my planned character : a stoic, clever and honest (but clearly not the classical cheesy and benevolent world-saver) monk-druidess with a strong tendency to serve Berath. I don't know her race yet, probably a human but who knows.

If someone has any other suggestion of portrait that could fit this type of character I'll gladly take that as well 😁

HumF127_lg.png

HumF90_lg.png

Wasn't sure if the burn was intended or just a error in the process.

iELoGay.png oQOKTD1.png xVgxOzm.png WMgHrOt.png

JHay0Nc.png RwdUmzg.png

On 4/13/2021 at 6:32 AM, cherryflavoredfunk said:

Thank you!!!!

 

Can anyone make watercolors of these portraits? 

3009C1AD-8599-4115-BCA3-2A42D8CBD2FF.jpeg

mushroom dryad.jpg

Actually managed to find the source for this one 

OUbHDQ1.png 8llTY80.png

95jWEYy.png IMuOifg.png

  Edit:

On 4/20/2021 at 1:05 PM, Isaea said:

Hey guys, got this male portrait i really like for MC - i tried to make watercolor portrait for it using GIMP guide on the forums but so far failed miserably. Any kind soul able to help me out here? I'm providing both portraits i used in PoE 1.


humanrev_pal_lg.png.0527edeaa9f39388fbc9f8208b208e6d.png

humanrev_pal_sm.png.2adfab23e03867aaf1bd196488e37c7c.png

Meant to include these when I originally posted, but due to how dark the image is and some compression artifacting it looked a bit messy.

mJI9xzs.png eDxLdKN.png

Edited by Kvellen
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, Kvellen said:

Had some free time and wanted to test out a few things in photoshop. I won't be posting anymore watercolour conversions after these though.

Just feels a bit iffy to be altering the work of others without any idea of whose work I am altering, and really just worry about becoming the dead end of a google image search.

 

Is there a repository of images where we can say FOR SURE - "all these artists are happy for us to use their artwork for whatever"? 
If not, the next best thing is trawling through copyright documents for decades and that, to me, is unreasonable. If artists provide their work, I'm going to make assumptions.


... and it's not as if your own output isn't valid art, too. There's no such thing as creativity, after all.

Edited by Svartypops
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Are these useful? I know they aren't perfect, but they might be passable.. 

male_orlan_b_blue_lg.pngmale_orlan_b_blue_convo.pngmale_orlan_b_blue_sm.pngmale_orlan_b_blue_si.png

male_orlan_b_green_lg.pngmale_orlan_b_green_convo (2).pngmale_orlan_b_green_sm.pngmale_orlan_b_green_si.png

I also wondered what Eder would look like with this technique... 
 

 

MyEder_Deadfire_convo.pngMyEder_Pillars_si.png

MyEder_Pillars_convo.pngMyEder_Deadfire_si.png

Edited by Svartypops
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/3/2021 at 2:04 PM, Svartypops said:

Are these useful? I know they aren't perfect, but they might be passable.. 

male_orlan_b_blue_lg.pngmale_orlan_b_blue_convo.pngmale_orlan_b_blue_sm.pngmale_orlan_b_blue_si.png

male_orlan_b_green_lg.pngmale_orlan_b_green_convo (2).pngmale_orlan_b_green_sm.pngmale_orlan_b_green_si.png

I also wondered what Eder would look like with this technique... 
 

 

MyEder_Deadfire_convo.pngMyEder_Pillars_si.png

MyEder_Pillars_convo.pngMyEder_Deadfire_si.png

Amazing, thank you so much.

 

Anyone interested in making this into watercolor? 

Original image by artist: https://www.deviantart.com/tess-eisinger/art/Elf-859514719

 

 

 

 

C60F4498-514C-4037-8904-FE08001B4B3E.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/2/2021 at 6:24 PM, Kvellen said:

Had some free time and wanted to test out a few things in photoshop. I won't be posting anymore watercolour conversions after these though.

Just feels a bit iffy to be altering the work of others without any idea of whose work I am altering, and really just worry about becoming the dead end of a google image search.

Wasn't sure if the burn was intended or just a error in the process.

iELoGay.png oQOKTD1.png xVgxOzm.png WMgHrOt.png

JHay0Nc.png RwdUmzg.png

Actually managed to find the source for this one 

OUbHDQ1.png 8llTY80.png

95jWEYy.png IMuOifg.png

  Edit:

Meant to include these when I originally posted, but due to how dark the image is and some compression artifacting it looked a bit messy.

mJI9xzs.png eDxLdKN.png

Amazing, thank you so much.

 

Anyone interested in making this into watercolor? 

Original image by artist: https://www.deviantart.com/tess-eisinger/art/Elf-859514719

 

C60F4498-514C-4037-8904-FE08001B4B3E.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...