• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for asking again, but the clipping part I'm really having difficulties. If someone points me to any tutorial video, which I didn't find on YT, I would gladly do several portraits and post here. 🙃

P.S. These two portraits have been posted before, but have not been converted to watercolor yet.

male_elf_mq_002_lg.png

song-yueran-nvshouren3321.jpg

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Magistral said:

Sorry for asking again, but the clipping part I'm really having difficulties. If someone points me to any tutorial video, which I didn't find on YT, I would gladly do several portraits and post here. 🙃

P.S. These two portraits have been posted before, but have not been converted to watercolor yet.

CUT

Check my post in the previous page for an easy guide on how to easily watercolor your portraits. If something is not clear, just ask.

MALE1.png

FEMALE1.png

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Darkless said:

Check my post in the previous page for an easy guide on how to easily watercolor your portraits. If something is not clear, just ask.

MALE1.png

FEMALE1.png

You do such a good job, I wish I could do the same, look how horrible mine is lol

male_elf_mq_002_convo.png

12 hours ago, Magistral said:

You do such a good job, I wish I could do the same, look how horrible mine is lol

male_elf_mq_002_convo.png

Actually i didn't do any job (beside cut off the background): all the "waterclolor" process is made with a single click (well maybe 2) to apply a filter as is. Check my previous post. I wrote instructions to watercolor your portraits in a few minutes using only free tools.

Edited by Darkless

• 1 month later...

Hello,

a friend of mine edited this cool portrait (not enough cool dudes with simple breastplates here if you ask me). Would any kind soul made a watercolor version for my forthcoming Deadfire playthrough, please?

Thanks in advance!

116602547_291988565357358_8051797098432278735_n.png

• Like 1

14 hours ago, rodrigo61 said:

Hello,

a friend of mine edited this cool portrait (not enough cool dudes with simple breastplates here if you ask me). Would any kind soul made a watercolor version for my forthcoming Deadfire playthrough, please?

Thanks in advance!

Awesome! I want watercolor too!

18 hours ago, rodrigo61 said:

Hello,

Thanks in advance!

Here you go:

CONVO.png

Edited by Darkless
  • Like 2

On 6/22/2020 at 1:47 AM, Darkless said:

Actually i didn't do any job (beside cut off the background): all the "waterclolor" process is made with a single click (well maybe 2) to apply a filter as is. Check my previous post. I wrote instructions to watercolor your portraits in a few minutes using only free tools.

Which are great. Thank you for the instructions. I ended up using paint.net and paint 3D. One question, though: where can I find the background that you use?

4 hours ago, darkling.lithely said:

Which are great. Thank you for the instructions. I ended up using paint.net and paint 3D. One question, though: where can I find the background that you use?

You mean che watercolor background ? Obisidian provided it for download back then. The link was in the Portraits Thread part I

For a better quality I suggest you to resize it to 210x330 when you paste the portrait on it so it fits exactly. Then only when you have created your watercloror portrait  scale it down to 90x141: 

Anyway:

WatercolorPaperTexture.png

Edited by Darkless
  • Like 1

Hello,

I have requests for this pictures for watercolor - the picture is a bit modified version of fessina and has no watercolor:

Another Portraits from Takehu, the biggest is prio

Two Godlike (Fire and Moon)

portrait_fessina_lg.png.c244283b2f68d04172968240ec1f5e75.png

Copyright goes to a modder, the name i have forgotten...

I like to have new water portraits for this, i do like the standart portrait but not the ugly watercolored:

My liked Standard Portraits without a good Watercolor

And found this on earlyer sites, it's not done with the watercolor:

a15djV4.png.ff263f0732304b89a20f92d6b08fd9d3.png

Sorry for my Bad english, i can this not so good.

Edited by Veyilla
pictures forgotten to post

On 6/6/2020 at 12:49 PM, Darkless said:

Just to let you know there is quite an easy method to watercolor any picture in very few minutes. Doesn't need any skill (i don't have any myself), just bit of patience:

1- Cut out the background (if there is any) using your fav photo editor (For example Gimp) and export the picture as PNG with a new name.

2- Open the new picture without background with PAINT.NET (it's a free photo editor, just google it) and apply the artistic effect INK (use the slides to set it until you get the result you prefer). 
Save it.

3- Open the new "inked" picture with Gimp as well as the watercolor background clean that you can find in the first portrait thread.

4- In Gimp select the inked picture and paste it as new layer on the watercolor background using the multiply method.

5- Adjust brightness and contrast and you got your watercolor portrait.

I re-post my quide. Try it by yourself, it's easy. (will do all the watercolors as soon as i will have some free time anyway)

• Thanks 1

I once tried to clean up all the pixels from the portraits, unfortunately I am not good at using the digital editing programs.

CONVO6_clean.png.aa4d24a0c16d4dd3f50e2ed99c891ab8.pngCONVO5_clean.png.3a144dc8feef8a565bf576aa31b5cac5.png

In the last 2 days I did nothing else than edit these two portraits in my spare time 😆

Other than that, I'm very grateful for Darkless' help!

Isn't it possible to work entirely with Paint.net instead of switching between Gimp and Paint.net every time?

On 8/16/2020 at 12:06 PM, Veyilla said:

I once tried to clean up all the pixels from the portraits, unfortunately I am not good at using the digital editing programs.

CONVO6_clean.png.aa4d24a0c16d4dd3f50e2ed99c891ab8.pngCONVO5_clean.png.3a144dc8feef8a565bf576aa31b5cac5.png

In the last 2 days I did nothing else than edit these two portraits in my spare time 😆

Other than that, I'm very grateful for Darkless' help!

Isn't it possible to work entirely with Paint.net instead of switching between Gimp and Paint.net every time?

I leave the black lines cause they look like the original watermarks. If you don't like them you can simply set the ink level (top slider) to 0 or so.
You must use Gimp for 2 reasons: first to cut off the background of the portrait. (with paint.net the cut tool sucks). And second cause with paint.net you can't paste layers in mutiply mode.

Edited by Darkless

• 4 weeks later...

Hi I was just wondering if anyone would be able to help me out with this portrait, theres not many orlan portraits available and this looks like it would be great, thanks in advance to anyone who does

tumblr_p9x14yndaC1qbgbc6o1_500.png

Edited by CoffeeCat
My attempt wasn't correctly sized

• 1 month later...