Hi all,

I have in mind to play a dwarf Barbarian/Ranger melee character with Bear for RP purposes.

I am wondering if this multiclass is viable in melee, and which subclasses to pick (if any). Berserker fits thematically but I do not see it very friendly in terms of friendly fire / damaging my own pet.

Any thoughts?

Thnx!

Berzeker / Ghostheart would be the easiest choice. Ghostheart seems nice with the spirit-connected PoE barbs.

Slayer's Claw + Berzeker rage = Energized. Then Interrupt on Crit + High Accuracy for the win

Add Concussive Shot for the dispell, maybe Modwyr for the Stun per encounter and Confusion immune and you'll have a nice Mageslayer  Magehunter build.

Stalker is the clear choice here since both the bear pet and Barbarians make very good use of the extra armour point (bears get extra armour and Barbarians rely on armour to take damage) and you will be meleeing.

Berserker is going to have easily the highest potential specifically because of Slayer's Claw as mentioned above, but Slayer's Claw is a late game item and it's reasonable to not want to deal with Confused and the added squishiness. You could run a Priest to use prayer for the spirit to cleanse confused until you upgrade Modwyr as your primary weapon, then go for Claw when you are able. It is a bit of trouble but it would pay off in a big way and is a synergy that is quite unique to this multiclass.

If you don't want to deal with Berserker's downsides (Confused isn't the only one), no subclass or Fury Shaper are the best imo. Make sure you pick up Interrupting Blows (the same thing as Energized but only works half the time) and Blood Frenzy to get the most from all your Ranger crits (Blood Frenzy also synergizes with Predator's Sense). Stalker's Patience is a weapon to prioritze unless you are sticking with Modwyr and Slayer's Claw.

Edited by Jayd

Berserker/Stalker gets +3 AR when frenzied, even +4 vs. pierce/slash/crush with Thick Skinned. That is a lot if you combine it with a decent armor. The Confusion can get resisted with Devil of Caroc's Breastplate or Modwyr - or lots of Luminous Lobster. Self damage is rel. ok if you use Savage Defiance.

Corpse Eater/Stalker also fits thematically - but I guess Furyshaper woul be more effective. 

Don't pick Furyshaper/Ghost Heart: Wards count as summons as does the animal companion. You only can have one summon on the field at a time...

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods