As pointed by @Testlum, Thick Skinned bonus engagement works ONLY if above 50% health (its is confirmed both by Gamedata and tested in-game)

This is a bit annoying since it is not documented in the description. It only applies to bonus engagement, not AR Bonuses.

Thick Skinned is a bit "above the curve" as an ability, even considering this.

However, I think the minor annoyance of buffing an already decent ability is counterbalanced by having an ability matching its description (and matching what everyone expected until now... that's why I prefer this change rather than chaning the description). Therefore, I'm probably going to take this into account in next BPM version.

I don't think it would be too powerful anyway.

• Thanks 1

+1 engagement while >50% health is such a goofy thing. Wonder how that made it into the game.

"Haha, I'll hold the line for my mates! You shall not pass!" 

*gets hit*

"Ouch! Ouch! Okay that's it - I'm going home..." 

• Haha 2

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

4 hours ago, Elric Galad said:

Thick Skinned bonus engagement works ONLY if above 50% health (its is confirmed both by Gamedata and tested in-game)

Jeeeez this has been bothering me for so long, because I thought the ability was randomly bugged. What an odd effect!

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Testlum said:

If Marine Godlikes are naturally immune to Water based attacks, does this mean that Heart-Chime Amulet literally does nothing for them?

Not necessarily, it depends on what gets checked first (Wave Walker or Water of Life) I guess - but it is def. possible. Usually immunity means that attacks get turned into misses. So if Wave Walker gets checked first then Water of Life will do nothing. If Water of Life will get checked first it may be that you'll get some healing. I suspect that Wave Walker gets checked first and makes Water of Life useless. 

I think somebody slept when designing the Heart Chime Amulet. 😄

I will try it out and report what happens later... 

Edited by Boeroer
  • Thanks 1
  • Hmmm 1

Tested it with the console where I can remove/add abilities at will.

First of all: there is no water dmg of course. But damage that is done with abilities/weapons which are keyworded with "water" (most of times it's crush damage I think). 

Althought the Heart-Chime amulet always says "Lunar Heart" on your char sheet it will give you the proper effect, just named wrongly. In the case of Marine Godlike it converts 30% of attacks that are keyworded with water into healing (20% of the damage that would have been dealt). But only if you don't have Wave Walker...

... because Wave Walker does indeed prevent Water of Life from working. It will prevent any water-keyworded attacks from hitting in the first place. Water of Life expects a hit roll with an additional damage roll - so it can transform the dmg into health. But a damage roll will never happen for water-tagged attacks if you have Wave Walker.

😄 

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Gasp! 2
  • Sad 1

On 10/25/2021 at 11:25 PM, Boeroer said:

Yeah, I never use it. 

i actually got some mileage out of it in one setup with the instakill effect, because it was on a build that lots of durational, ticking aoes and debuffs. i would proc that instakill not that infrequently. became obsolete in the late game though, with better options and also the 100 health threshold doesn't scale at all to be more generous as you become more damaging and it represents a smaller and smaller % of enemy health.

Edited by thelee

Here's some stuff I discovered about Sworn Enemy, with two paladins A and B in the same party:

1. If A casts Sworn Enemy on an enemy, that enemy only takes bonus damage from A. 
  2. B's Sworn Enemy does not override or stack with A's Sworn Enemy. If an enemy is already affected by A's Sworn Enemy and B also casts Sworn Enemy on them, nothing happens except for B losing a point of Zeal.
  3. If B's Sworn Enemy is upgraded (i.e. Pallegina's Mark of the Five Suns), it will affect the enemy parallel to A's Sworn Enemy. Both paladins deal bonus damage.
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

14 hours ago, Testlum said:

Here's some stuff I discovered about Sworn Enemy, with two paladins A and B in the same party:

1. If A casts Sworn Enemy on an enemy, that enemy only takes bonus damage from A. 
  2. B's Sworn Enemy does not override or stack with A's Sworn Enemy. If an enemy is already affected by A's Sworn Enemy and B also casts Sworn Enemy on them, nothing happens except for B losing a point of Zeal.
  3. If B's Sworn Enemy is upgraded (i.e. Pallegina's Mark of the Five Suns), it will affect the enemy parallel to A's Sworn Enemy. Both paladins deal bonus damage.

HMMmmmm interesting find. I wonder if something similar happens with Marked Prey?

2 hours ago, Testlum said:

Fun fact: The Animated Weapons that a chanter summons are all male.

Called to His Bidding, the Ancient Instruments of Death, Proved Yet Again How Much of a Menace Toxic Masculinity is in Our Deeply Phallocratic Society. And They Did Sing a Song of Carnage, Fair!

Chanter Invocation PL15 :) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/6/2021 at 9:17 AM, NotDumbEnough said:

If you Enfeeble an enemy that is already affected by Borrowed Instincts or similar, not only does the negative effect get retroactively extended, but the corresponding positive effect as well.

Then a Forbidden Fist with low INT can prolong multiple times hostile effects.

Edited by Kaylon