Today was Aarik D's last day at Obsidian

Boeroer

Hi,

in case you wanted to write a PM to our community manager @Aarik D: give your keyboard some rest, today was his last day at Obsidian Entertainment.

Which is sad. :( I mean for us. ;)

I'll miss his jollity...

See you buddy, may your plans all come toghether - even better than those of Hannibal Smith (if that's even possible)!
All the best and I drück you the Daumens! :luck: 

• Like 5
  • Sad 3

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

That sure caught me off guard!

I'm gonna miss Aarik.

Best of luck for your future endeavors, bud!

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

so long, and thanks for all the fish.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

• 4 weeks later...

What's chance 6? Based on their logo I'm guessing it's a new fruit drink company. Yah for fruit drinks!

Take a  chance and have a fruit drink, or better yet, have 6 of them!

"Now to find a home for my other staff."
My Project Eternity Interview with Adam Brennecke

Split the difference, maybe they're working on a game about juicing watermelons.

They already have one indie horror game on Steam. Looks pretty decent.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

• 1 year later...
2 hours ago, Boeroer said:

Aaaand he's back!

Welcome back @Aarik D! Hope you pick up your old handle. :)

@Aarik D is kinda like Gromnir kryptonite. oh sure, we may have made a crack or two 'bout ska, (am not made o' stone dammit,) but aarik is just so adorably positive that any attempt to give him a hard time woulda' been analogous to kicking a puppy. as such am unable to interact with aarik normal.

am glad aarik is back. we will wait. we will be patient. eventually aarik will slip up and mock the special olympics or suggest ketchup is a perfect acceptable condiment for hot dogs.  have been here for decades. we can wait for our moment.

mostly kidding. mostly.

wb.

HA! Good Fun!

• Haha 1
  • Hmmm 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

AARIK!

AARIK!

AARIK!

• Thanks 1

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

4 hours ago, Gromnir said:

@Aarik D is kinda like Gromnir kryptonite. oh sure, we may have made a crack or two 'bout ska, (am not made o' stone dammit,) but aarik is just so adorably positive that any attempt to give him a hard time woulda' been analogous to kicking a puppy. as such am unable to interact with aarik normal.

am glad aarik is back. we will wait. we will be patient. eventually aarik will slip up and mock the special olympics or suggest ketchup is a perfect acceptable condiment for hot dogs.  have been here for decades. we can wait for our moment.

mostly kidding. mostly.

wb.

HA! Good Fun!

I believe that what Gromie means, in all of the text cited, is what a gift it is to welcome @Aarik D back ... 

It is exciting to know that this rich Obsidian community does and continues to be enriched by such care and presence as people such as our trolls, Squad and Devs!

Welcome home, Aarik: we missed you!

The Big Green via the Roost ;) :dragon:

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon: