What games do you have the most nostalgia for?

In no particular order...haven't completed all, but most of them. Remember enjoying what I played.

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (3DS)

Mario Odyssey (Switch)

Kirby's Nightmare in Dreamland (GBA)

Mario Kart Double Dash!! (Gamecube)

Wii Sports...believe it or not. (Wii)

Popolocrois (PSP)

Final Fantasy X (PC)

All of the Sly Raccoon games. (PS3)

Scooby-Doo! Unmasked (PS2)

Psychonaughts (PC)

Aggressive Inline (Gamecube)

Harry Potter & The Sorcerer's Stone + Chamber of Secrets (Gamecube)

Star Fox Adventures (Gamecube)

Most Pokemon games (GBA/DS)

Rugrats: Search for Reptar (PS1)

Fairly significant list. I'll add more if I remember any.

Wing Commander: Privateer (PC)

Wolfenstein 3D (PC)

The Secret of Monkey Island (PC)

Gyrrus (Atari 800XL)

Pit Stop (Atari 800XL)

Elite (Commodore C64)

Final Fantasy VII (PS1)

Baldur's Gate (PC)

Mortal Kombat II (Sega Megadrive/Genesis)

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Baldur's Gate series. Icewind Dale to a lesser extent. I've played them to death. In fact I'm sick of them. But there was never been one since I was so into. 

Edit: Oh and Master of Orion II. 

Edited by Guard Dog

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Nox.

Freelancer.

Anachronox.

Psychonauts.

Divine Divinity.

Fallout 1 and 2.

Baldur's Gate 1 and 2.

Tomb Raider. (1996)

Tomb Raider II. (1997)

Tomb Raider III. (1998)

Septerra Core: Legacy of the Creator.

Arcanum: of Steamworks and Magick Obscura.

(Above are on the pc, there also the ones I spent most of my time playing.)

Edited by wolfrider100

" Life... is strength. That is not to be contested, it seems

logical enough. You live, you affect your world. "

Jon Irenicus ´

You didn’t told as on which platform, we are so much confused now :’(

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Every C&C game

WoW

TIE Fighter

Caesar III

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

The Legend of Dragoon (PS); (played it as a kid, never finished)

Dragon Age: Origins (PC); (completed many times)

Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time trilogy (PC); (completed many times)

Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 Full Burst (PC). (Steam shows 351 hours of playtime).

City of Heroes (thank god it's back)

Rome Total War

Tie Fighter

Zone of the Enders

Metal Gear Solid 2

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Chronomaster

Space Quest IV

Monkey Island 2: Lechuk's Revenge

World Cup 98

Fallout

Quake 2

TLOZ: Ocarina of Time

The Last Ninja

Shadow of the Beast 2

Final Fight 

Super Mario World

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

• 2 weeks later...

Pool of Radiance

Curse of the Azure Bonds

Secret of the Silver Blades

Baldur’s Gate

Baldur’s Gate II

Deus Ex

Rainbow Six: Rogue Spear

Street Rod 2

Hard Drivin’

Street Fighter 2

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade

Edited by Nepenthe

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

In no particular order:

-Realms of Arcania Trilogy (my first RPG love)

-Baldur's Gate Saga (please don't mess this up, Larian)

-Morrowind (the freedom, the atmosphere of the world)

-Arx Fatalis

-Arcanum

-Divine Divinity

-King's Quest VI: Heir Today, Gone Tomorrow

-Planescape: Torment

-Fallout 1 and 2

-Anachronox

-Scratches

-Darkness Within 1

-The Dig

-Broken Sword 1 and 2

-Gabriel Knight 1 and 3

-Anno 1602 aka 1602 A.D.

• 1 month later...

Elementary School: FF 2/4, FF 3/6*, Chrono Trigger, Earthbound, Super Mario RPG, Link to the Past, Warcraft II, Mortal Kombat II

Middle School: FF 7, FF Tactics, Suikoden, Pokemon Blue, Diablo, Starcraft, The Sims, Medievil

High School: Ultima Online, Dark Age of Camelot, Suikoden II, FF 9 (the OST reminds me of my girlfriend at the time so bonus nostalgia), Metal Gear Solid

College: The Sims 2 (my dorm mates, who consisted of jocks, nerds, holy rollers, edgelords, mundies, and everyone in between, would often hang out and play this one), Guild Wars 1, Super Smash Bros. Melee, Metal Gear Solid 3

*I got FF3/6 for Christmas '96 and have played it once a year since. I'd place it as number one on the nostalgia tier.

Come on lads, just giving a list of names of games?! Haven't you got any stories behind them? Lazy!

Streets of Rage for me, whenever I hear the into music I get chills. Bought the soundtrack for it on vinyl recently... 5 quid from a book store. Don't think they understood what it was. 

nowt

I've told the story before, but most of my sentimental favourites come from that time in 1994 or 1995 where we finally replaced the old family 286 with a shiny new DX4/100. The 286 was loooooong obsolete, bearing in mind that the 386 was released in 1985 and the 486 in 1989. With the PC we got a Creative multimedia bundle, which consisted of a Sound Blaster 16, 2x speed CD-ROM drive, a cheap joystick and speakers, and most importantly, the best bundle of games ever assembled, even if it was headlined by the exceedingly mediocre Rebel Assault. The other newish games included were Return to Zork, and a sci-fi survival game called Iron Helix which I never ended up playing as it sounded too scary for me. (There was also a Grolier's Multimedia Encyclopaedia which was rather handy for school assignments)

What's more important though were the legacy games they also included, games that didn't really fit into the multimedia theme and some of which were quite a few years old at the time. There was a 4-game Microprose CD containing Civilization, Railroad Tycoon, F-117A Stealth Fighter 2.0 and Silent Service 2. There was a 4-game Origin bundle containing Wing Commander 2, Strike Commander, Ultima 8 and Syndicate Plus. There was SimCity 2000 too, but that wasn't new to me, strictly speaking. These games defined my childhood gaming and turned me into the primarily PC gamer that I am today.

Before that, sure, I played some games on the PC, fairly primitive titles (though some are timeless) for the time like Alley Cat, Space Invaders, Pitstop 2, Epyx Winter Games. SimFarm, which is a game I've never heard anyone else talk about, is probably the most sophisticated game I actually played on the old machine, and I loved it. I also watched my older cousin (he had about 10 years on me) play some of the AD&D Gold Box games on it too, but I was never brave enough to try them myself - it would be a full decade later that I came into the genre via Baldur's Gate 2. But I digress - ultimately anything I played on PC in my pre-teens was very obviously overshadowed by what the NES and then SNES were capable of, given that I was restricted to 16 colour EGA graphics and PC speaker audio. But for whatever reason, I don't have nearly as much nostalgia for those games as I do for the PC games that came after.

_____

HoMM2 is another one that was a bit odd, in that I remember renting it quite a few times from the video rental shop that was next to the family business we used to run. It would have been in that awkward period where it wasn't new enough to have a sequel just yet, but old enough to be somewhat hard to find in stores. Finally did give the big box Gold edition that also included the previous game plus the original King's Bounty.

• Like 4

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

I got nostalgia for a lot of games but those with stories were

HoMM3 - way too many hours played with friends in hot seat mode and way too many forbidden herb consumed while laying on couch playing Tony hawk pro skater 2

• Like 4

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

BattleTech PowerHits collection and Legends of Terris

511BFZ04DFL.jpg

It was one (three) of the games that really got me into computer gaming and I followed that addiction with an online text based game that I would often dream about, in text. I still log into it every once in  awhile.

Followed by Civ3 because it was a game I used to get my dad hooked on computer gaming. I'll never forget the Sunday morning we were supposed to go to a movie or something and I showed him my new game and we wasted the whole day on it without realizing it was already night time.  Good times.

And last but not least HoMM2, sunk about a billion million trillion hours cubed on this and the sequel in both multiplayer and single player

Hmm, now that I think about it all these games, with the exception of BattleTech, I played with my dad so that seems to be a common factor here.

• Like 1

Free games updated 3/4/21

Oh, duh. I spaced it on HoMM3. My brother (Gen Xer nerd who taught me most everything I know about PC gaming and RPGs) and I played hot seat. That was a fun summer (2000?): learning html and playing UO with VH1 and Cartoon Network running in the background till the wee hours of the morning.

Eventually I incorporated the HoMM3 OST into P&P nights. Good times.

Edited by Ophiuchus

OST was awesome!

• Like 1

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Also nostalgic over Gunship 2000 and F-117A Nighthawk.  Latter was very useful for teaching me Russian geography and also how best to evade an SA-11.  Well and also absurd things like an F-117A blowing multiple Su-27s out of the sky.  Ah the days when you needed keyboard overlays.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

What's the difference between nostalgia and favorite? I think for the most part, games I'm nostalgic about would still be on a favorite list, somewhere.

At any rate, for me, outside of a "favorite games list" I'd probably still say Snake Rattle N Roll and Gun-Nac. The first games I played with my bf/eventually hubby, really. I remember the first time playing Snake and laughing hysterically (we were probably not sober) at the music, sound effects, and snake animations. I dunno why, it all struck me as hilarious at the time, even beyond that first play, and memories are strong.

Gun-Nac was light ... arcadey? ... fun but I remember it largely because hubby became obsessed with finding the perfect joystick to play it (I think he bought three or four and he still like any of them) and I kept poking fun at him. Little did I know at the time that in the not too distant future, I would become obsessed with my own gaming things .... o:)

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

33 minutes ago, LadyCrimson said:

What's the difference between nostalgia and favorite? I think for the most part, games I'm nostalgic about would still be on a favorite list, somewhere.

At any rate, for me, outside of a "favorite games list" I'd probably still say Snake Rattle N Roll and Gun-Nac. The first games I played with my bf/eventually hubby, really. I remember the first time playing Snake and laughing hysterically (we were probably not sober) at the music, sound effects, and snake animations. I dunno why, it all struck me as hilarious at the time, even beyond that first play, and memories are strong.

Gun-Nac was light ... arcadey? ... fun but I remember it largely because hubby became obsessed with finding the perfect joystick to play it (I think he bought three or four and he still like any of them) and I kept poking fun at him. Little did I know at the time that in the not too distant future, I would become obsessed with my own gaming things .... o:)

I guess it's aligned with whatever was going on in your life at the time, and you can anchor the game to it. For example, whenever I think of Super Mario RPG, I'm reminded of that summer playing it: my grade school friends having fun in the pool; my mom cooking a humongous breakfast (bacon, scrambled eggs, toast, fried mushrooms, hashbrowns) for us.

Ah, a trip down memory lane. There are a few.

The first game that I can remember playing: Pitfall, and I was like three or four years old at the time.

The first NES game I ever played, and still one of the best games ever made: Mega Man 2 (I think I mentioned this before, I never had a NES, only a Sega Master System 2, the one that came with Alexx Kid in Miracle World pre-installed).

The first time I sat in stunned silence in front of my PC: Tengoku de omachishi te imasu! 

The ending of Final Fantasy Adventure on the Game Boy was a major bummer. I still wish I hadn't stumbled upon the solution to the figure eight and palms riddle.

Finishing Loom(tm) with barely any grasp of English. Still feels like an accomplishment. Not so much by me, but by Lucas Arts. It takes some doing to create a graphic adventure where you can figure out what to do without understanding any of the dialogue. The way one learns the necessary spells is masterfully done.

Managing a 100% completion run of Gargoyle's Quest on the Game Boy all by my own.

Playing Eye of the Beholder 2 on the PC, again without having any idea what the words mean. That one was a lot  tougher to figure out than Loom(tm).

Well... and playing Ocarina of Time and Planescape: Torment, my absolute highlights in terms of atmosphere and immersion, for different reasons.

• Like 1

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.