BUG: Modals are not removed when switching weapon sets if dual wielding

I wasn't sure if this is the correct forum for this.

There's a bug with Modals not being removed from character if you dual wield weapons of the same type.

For example, consider you have Modals for Swords, Daggers and Sabres and you have 4 weapon sets:

1) Sword + Sword
2) Dagger + Dagger
3) Sabre + Sabre
4) Hatchet + Shield

If you are one weapon 1 set and enable the Half-sword modal you when you switch to weapons set 2 you will still have Half-sword then you can turn on Dagger switch to weapons set 3 now you can do Sword + Dagger + Sabre, and final on weapon set 4 you can have Sword + Dagger + Sabre + Hatchet + Shield all on character, these stick around when cycling through.

This apparently only happens when you are dual wielding weapons of the same type.

So if you did:

1) Sword + Sabre
2) Sword + Dagger
2) Sabre + Dagger
4) Hatchet + Shield

The modals correctly toggle on and off when changing weapon sets just fine.

Not sure if this is a Turn-Based issue or not, but that's where I noticed it.

Edited by paraLogiki

Another bug that maybe isn't actually a bug but i really hate it. You're going to backstab and at the last second your target moves ever so slightly which completely negates the attack but your character still swings and you pop out of stealth. 

I think if your character shows the swing the attack should get to roll. The backstab should lock in like engagement. 

Like in PoE where you would get hit even if you were 10 meters away by the time the enemy finished his attack? That was pretty horrible.

Triggering engagement as soon as you execute an attack sounds like a good idea. But does your character have an engagement slot in the first place? Because in Deadfire you don't start with them automatically (at least Rogue's don't).

Alternatives could be:

a) use a distraction like Sparkcrackers which lets enemy investigate - they stand still then for a while

b) pick a ranged or reach weapon like Cromoprismatic Quarterstaff.

c) watch their walking routine and only strike when they pause long enough.

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

17 hours ago, Boeroer said:

Afaik it's just a UI thing. The modals don't affect the "wrong" weapon. A bit annoying that's right.

It's not just a UI thing. If I active Half-sword when in weapon set 1 which gives -15 Deflections, when I switch to Dagger + Large shield, my deflection still have -15 on it, and in fact I can toggle Half-sword even when not wielding any swords and have my deflection got +15/-15.

I can also see it NOT deactivating in the combat log. Maybe that's a UI thing too?

Edited by paraLogiki