I had my first chat with Ms Woedica. It was a pretty lenghty conversation as I was deep into the playthrough by the time 5.0 landed.

I think it is a really good addition, though I will need to see it in a complete playthrough to see if it's implimentation feels natural. It gets a much needed background and incentive to engage with Deadfire's political situation, even if ones character is purely focused on just saving his soul/helping out Gods. 

Considering some of its content, I do hold hopes to see PoE3 at some point into the future. The introduction of in-lore fast-travel mechanic might not  go to waste after all! 😉 

• Like 2

I started a new game and quite liked how it felt, though there is a little dialogue about the Wheel being artificial pretty much right away, which felt like it should have been saved for later in the main quest. It's vague enough that it doesn't give too much away, at least. I'm not sure how I feel about the implication that the gods' squabbles are basically play acting for the PC's benefit, but it's at least an interesting idea. Also interesting is the implication that Woedica has plans, and Eothas's misgivings about it at the very end. I wonder if that was just to add some shades of grey to the whole thing, or if there are plans for a sequel building off these ideas. I guess we'll see!

My playthrough has been on hiatus for several months now.

Currently it is somewhere in the middle of the game.

Will I be missing something out when I get back to it?

It would be of small avail to talk of magic in the air...

2 hours ago, Messier-31 said:

Will I be missing something out when I get back to it?

No, I don’t think so. When you get the book you will have an opening conversation about some things. After that Woedica will want to talk to you after certain quests. If you start in the middle of the play through, you will get long chain of Woedica commenting on every relevant  choice you did up to this point.

I still had to finish the game again with my character that fought the megabosses, so Woedica had a lot of gossip to catch up to.

I particularly liked her comments about the crown and her reaction when I mentioned Thaos. She also said that I was behaving in a way she would never accept in one of her inquisitors. I might have to replay the conversation to see what she was talking about, so that I can avoid it when I play as a Steel Garrote.

She reminds me of an old work colleague, that would always say thing wouldn't work, even when everything was doing all right. lol

Edited by InsaneCommander

sign.jpg

21 hours ago, Wormerine said:

No, I don’t think so. When you get the book you will have an opening conversation about some things. After that Woedica will want to talk to you after certain quests. If you start in the middle of the play through, you will get long chain of Woedica commenting on every relevant  choice you did up to this point.

Thanks for the insight.

But how do I get the book? A tiny spoiler would be ok.

1 hour ago, Quaranyr said:

I on the way to Hasongo and never got the book.

Is it supposed to be an actual item? Should there be a dialogue about it?

A quest item yes. I got it the same way one gets a missive. 

1 hour ago, Wormerine said:

A quest item yes. I got it the same way one gets a missive. 

Well, I don't have it. Going back to Neketaka and leaving it again didn't help. I don't have saves before leaving it first time either.

Edited by Quaranyr

18 minutes ago, Quaranyr said:

Well, I don't have it. Going back to Neketaka and leaving it again didn't help. I don't have saves before leaving it first time either.

I was right before the end of the game and I got the book, so you shouldn't have to load a save from your first time leaving Neketaka.

Try to spend some time in the city, visiting another district, leaving by foot, coming back and leaving with your ship. It shouldn't make a difference, but I did those things before leaving by boat, so who knows right?

sign.jpg

• 5 months later...

So I got the book.

Had a couple of talks with Woedica.

After completing the "He waits in fire" I got prompted that the book is *warm* or something.

I open it aaaaaand, she doesn't show up, book closed.

What gives?

5 hours ago, Messier-31 said:

So I got the book.

Had a couple of talks with Woedica.

After completing the "He waits in fire" I got prompted that the book is *warm* or something.

I open it aaaaaand, she doesn't show up, book closed.

What gives?

Did you open it on sea? Due to technical limitation it only works on the world map.

6 hours ago, Wormerine said:

Did you open it on sea? Due to technical limitation it only works on the world map.

Funny, cause I don't recall wether it was sea or land. Gotta check it out. But mind this: I opened the book and there was the whole interface change that comes with it. The scripted interaction thingy with the narrator saying something like "she is not coming to talk, there is only silence". The last time we spoke I was kinda rude, and she was pissed. Could that be the case?

Edited by Messier-31
Typos
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Messier-31 said:

The last time we spoke I was kinda rude, and she was pissed. Could that be the case?

I am not aware of such possibility, but it doesn’t mean it does not exist. I don’t quite remember what the message is when you try to use the book on-land, though is am pretty sure it didn’t include the scripted interaction screen. You might have managed to piss Woedica off. Congratulations, Sir ;-) Too bad the book still responds after usual trigger points. 

7 hours ago, Wormerine said:

PS. Glad to see you too use the font ligatures. Josh would be happy.

Yeah, even though I like 'em I hardly see the difference, there's just not so many.

Aedyr shoulda been Ædyr, ffs.