Is there a subclass that is viable for both Melee, Caster and Ranged? Like it could be good with both healers and tanks as well? Doesn't have to be perfect just viable. I'm curious I haven't found any except maybe devoted. Like I'd like a party who all share the same subclass. All Devoted or whatever is more viable and strong.

Mike, do you complete all those playthroughs?)

As for your question, you can always take 5 tacticians. Just multi-class one of them with beguiler. And 1-2 with wayfarer/chanter/druid/priest for the heals.

Edited by MaxQuest

11 minutes ago, MaxQuest said:

Mike, do you complete all those playthroughs?)

As for your question, you can always take 5 tacticians. Just multi-class one of them with beguiler. And 1-2 with wayfarer/chanter/druid/priest for the heals.

I try all of them but I have not completed all no. Are tacticians that op? How do I solve the no flanked thing? Thanks!

Tacticians are not OP in the usual sense. Half of encounters end in less than 30s (for a decent 5-man party). And other subclasses would likely have an upper hand here. 

But because of hp-bloat of mega and dlc bosses, parties are heavily 'encouraged' to look for a source of resource generation.

As for flanked...:

• you can use positioning to avoid getting flanked
  • get more +engagement
  • get immunity vs mind afflictions (captain's banquet). You still might get flanked (-1AR, -10 def), but you no longer suffer from shaken/confused part. And neither can get flanked from per afflictions
  • get flanked immunity (there are items like Squid's Grasp, Kapana Taga)
  • or use hard cc. Charmed/Dominated/Terrified/Stunned/Paralyzed enemies can't threaten/flank you.
Edited by MaxQuest

Wizard (Bloodmage or vanilla) works for pretty much any character since it's high number of free action buff spells are always useful and don't interfere with whatever your character's are doing with their standard action.

Troubadour also seems to fit most characters. Shouldn't be too hard to find 5 different chants you'd want to have active all the time in a mixed party. Come Come, The Dragon thrashed, Ancient Memory, Aefyllath and Sure-handed Ila, as an example. Likewise, you can easily give your healer and tank support/buff Invocation, the damage dealers get damaging ones like Thrice she was wronged and the casters get summons and/or control Invocations.

32 minutes ago, MaxQuest said:

Tacticians are not OP in the usual sense. Half of encounters end in less than 30s (for a decent 5-man party). And other subclasses would likely have an upper hand here. 

But because of hp-bloat of mega and dlc bosses, parties are heavily 'encouraged' to look for a source of resource generation.

As for flanked...:

• get more +engagement
  • get immunity vs mind afflictions (captain's banquet). You still might get flanked (-1AR, -10 def), but you no longer suffer from shaken/confused part. And neither can get flanked from per afflictions
  • or use hard cc. Charmed/Dominated/Terrified/Stunned/Paralyzed enemies can't threaten/flank you.

Ye the whole resource generation made me think of ciphers. Or blood mage wizards.

1 hour ago, MaxQuest said:

As for flanked...:

• get more +engagement

I mean I kid you not the beast of winter dragon almost always makes me want to quit the game. I have such trouble with her. Maybe because I can't play any healer but priest and their resources disappear mid fight. Maybe I need a 2nd semi healer. I don't know. I just want to bloody destroy that beast. I feel like I suck a bit at this game because I'm unable to play a bunch of the OP stuff I see on these forums unless I get a detailed description of the build and spells to use. Tried Lifegiver Druid a couple of times and it just goes wrong everytime. Don't know what I'm doing wrong. I usually have one Paladin single or multi as a tank, one fighter offtank single or multi, one ranged multiclass, one wizard or druid multiclass and a priest often multiclassed with a chanter. I am even trying single classes and i can't beat that damn dragon.

5 hours ago, MikeMikeMikeMikeMike said:

I mean I kid you not the beast of winter dragon almost always makes me want to quit the game. I have such trouble with her. Maybe because I can't play any healer but priest and their resources disappear mid fight. Maybe I need a 2nd semi healer. I don't know. I just want to bloody destroy that beast. I feel like I suck a bit at this game because I'm unable to play a bunch of the OP stuff I see on these forums unless I get a detailed description of the build and spells to use. Tried Lifegiver Druid a couple of times and it just goes wrong everytime. Don't know what I'm doing wrong. I usually have one Paladin single or multi as a tank, one fighter offtank single or multi, one ranged multiclass, one wizard or druid multiclass and a priest often multiclassed with a chanter. I am even trying single classes and i can't beat that damn dragon.

That's a lot of healing and tanking but sounds like you might be missing damage - especially boss DPS which has different dynamics to mob killing. It's a good idea to invest in spell casters who can stack reliable damage over time effects. Venombloom is a strong one for Druid, as are the insect spells (but you have to land the hit or they do nothing. Wizards can lay down damaging walls and cast combusting wounds on top for some great damage, as well as cast 'nukes' like missile salvo and meteor swarm. Priest symbol spells have great damage, as well as storm of holy fire.

Also, for bosses that aren't immune to interrupts, interrupting is utterly vital. Neriscyrlas is the prime example. When she gets Llengrath's Safeguard off she becomes extremely hard to damage and possibly impossible to beat. So it must be interrupted. Strip her concentration (Insects do this for as long as the effect lasts) and spam abilities which say they interrupt in their descriptions while the boss is casting (not recovering, but casting) the spell you don't want them to use. 

Lock the dragon down with interrupts and have some reliable damage on her and you should be fine.

2 minutes ago, Jayd said:

That's a lot of healing and tanking but sounds like you might be missing damage - especially boss DPS which has different dynamics to mob killing. It's a good idea to invest in spell casters who can stack reliable damage over time effects. Venombloom is a strong one for Druid, as are the insect spells (but you have to land the hit or they do nothing. Wizards can lay down damaging walls and cast combusting wounds on top for some great damage, as well as cast 'nukes' like missile salvo and meteor swarm. Priest symbol spells have great damage, as well as storm of holy fire.

Also, for bosses that aren't immune to interrupts, interrupting is utterly vital. Neriscyrlas is the prime example. When she gets Llengrath's Safeguard off she becomes extremely hard to damage and possibly impossible to beat. So it must be interrupted. Strip her concentration (Insects do this for as long as the effect lasts) and spam abilities which say they interrupt in their descriptions while the boss is casting (not recovering, but casting) the spell you don't want them to use. 

Lock the dragon down with interrupts and have some reliable damage on her and you should be fine.

Thank you for the tips. I thought i was doing something wrong. Really thought Ranger would do more damage. Are any of the magic weapons any good like Wand, Scepter etc. Or would it just be better for my casters to get a different ranged weapon?

10 minutes ago, Jayd said:

What do you suggest for a party? Like melee ranged casters to be able to deal with bosses and mobs? I honestly thought my usual build was not the problem.

Casters shouldn't be relying on their weapons for much damage. Make sure you're picking the right damage spells. You can look at builds for the classes you're concerned about to see what others pick. At a high level your casters should rarely be auto-attacking (unless cipher, of course).

A Ranger's greatest tool against a boss like Neriscyrlas is arguably the ability Concussive Tranquilizer. Not only does it interrupt on graze but it's a fantastic cleanser because of the accuracy it's capable of reaching, and 30 seconds of buff is a lot of buff.

Don't stress out too much on party composition, just try and make sure you have some abilities that will do good damage to a boss, and make sure you can interrupt.

Just use Wall of Flames and Combusting Wounds. Before casting CW drop the Fortitude with a Morning Star and if you can also a MIG and a CON affliction (e.g. using a Forbidden Fist Monk). 

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods