Lets Get Political

Amentep

4 minutes ago, smjjames said:

Funny that he tried to pick a fight with a Playboy journalist rather than the regular networks.

The fact that Playboy even has a WH correspondent is new to me since one doesn't normally associate them with politics. Gotta keep up on the juicy gossip I guess.

I'm not sure the regular networks are allowed in the WH these days! :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

So, Labor Secretary Acosta has resigned over the epstein plea deal furor. Trump is going to have what, 20 acting directors/secretaries in major positions now. I wonder if it's even constitutional to have that many acting directors/secretaries at once, not to mention the other issues that come with the acting status.

12 minutes ago, smjjames said:

So, Labor Secretary Acosta has resigned over the epstein plea deal furor. Trump is going to have what, 20 acting directors/secretaries in major positions now. I wonder if it's even constitutional to have that many acting directors/secretaries at once, not to mention the other issues that come with the acting status.

Another head that needs to roll is Dave Aronberg the States Attorney for Palm Beach County. This BS has been going on for years. Even back when I lived there. Everyone knew about it. Everyone. Democrat and Republican alike. Both state, federal and even presidential. No one gave a s--t. As log as he kept the campaign donations and island invites coming he could exploit and f--k anyone he wanted. Man or woman, boy or girl.  

Governments do not give two s---s about justice if there is something in it for them to look the other way. 

Edited by Guard Dog
And another thing

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

30 minutes ago, ShadySands said:

US looking at it wrong way.  Good chance to study one more easily.

• Hmmm 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I think they do. It's a sinister plan to make the US adversaries waste so much money on a similar program.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

40 minutes ago, ShadySands said:

I am always surprised  by the arrogance and  actions like this from the Chinese where they continue to dictate and act against countries who trade and interact with Taiwan, most of us dont care  about the " one China "  policy because Taiwan is a separate state. If China doesn't want to recognize Taiwan thats there choice but they have no legal right to dictate to other countries or corporations who want to trade with Taiwan

But Shady we need to stop talking about this and now we need to act in a realistic and reasonable way to demonstrate our displeasure with China, I suggest we start boycotting Chinese goods to hurt them where it effects them the most ...economically

Now we move from being Internet commentators and we act unequivocally in a RL sense. And I will lead by example, from this moment on I will stop buying Chinese fortune cookies....thats it,  no more Chinese fortune cookies for  me !!!!!!  🍪 🍪

What is everyone else prepared to sacrifice in this war for liberty and justice    :teehee:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

40 minutes ago, Gfted1 said:

5G fighters aint easy, as evidenced by that pos the Chinese are trying to pass off as fifth generation. 

Yep, but have to snark at the F-35s interesting development history.  Seems like the S-400 is the better purchase here, though, in any case (then again, have to account for marketing BS - see Gulf War and Patriots)

Edited by Malcador

2 hours ago, ShadySands said:

Is it codenamed the Vanya?

tumblr_pncjaih5et1x8olbao4_500.gif

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/S-500_missile_system - Prometheus

So...basically if the target moves sideways, it's screwed.

That is a joke related to the movie, by the way.

Edited by Malcador

S-500 is designed mostly as an anti missile rather than anti air platform. Ballistic missiles don't generally go sideways, since they're ballistic, and the missiles that can 'dodge' also have to be slow or they can't dodge (for anyone wondering, it's the same principle as why a fast moving speedboat that tries to turn will broach/ flip/ tumble while a slow moving one won't- you can't have it both ways). If it functions like the S400 its abilities will also depend a lot on the missile being fired.

I'm personally of the opinion that the Russians/ Indians/ Chinese have scaled down their stealth fighter plans because they aren't actually all that stealthy and against a decently teched foe will be little more useful than a conventional plane and in some situations, worse. I'd be surprised if the Chinese could not outright clone a F22 or F35 if they really wanted to.

The US only has itself to blame for the situation with Turkey over the S400 though, they genuinely did try and buy Patriots multiple times and were rebuffed. Can't really expect them to use the antiquated and not much use even when it wasn't Hawk forever; and throwing a wobbly when the Greeks got the S300 is not going to go down well with Turks on principle alone.

Edited by Zoraptor

Any more it's about interception and patrol of controlled air space, which is why non-stealthy "sky cops" are typically the more preferred plans. They maintain control of various resource conduits and trade routes. So over-engineered shoddy expensive stealth fighters don't really fight, they are just super expensive light bombers for missions into enemy airspace.

@Ktchong: 'The US does **** in South and Central America that comes back to bite us in the ass', what's new?

3 hours ago, Skarpen said:

Or 'Reading WAY TOO MUCH into it'. Also reminds me of how some decided to interpret one of the recent Star Wars movies with the Empire basically being white supremacists and reading it something like liberals fighting against Trump.

Anyways, Mnuchin is warning that we could hit the debt ceiling in early September, before Congress gets back from August recess. Both Pelosi and McConnell want to get it done, which is good, but with Congress's propensity to procrastinate, they're really risking things here.

13 hours ago, Gfted1 said:

I would be surprised if we didn't already hack the complete plans for it. What we don't want to happen is the F-35 to leak (which Im sure is already fully compromised too).

One would think it would be good if Russia would replace their fighters with ones which crashes in their own  😇

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/04/09/asia/japan-f-35-stealth-fighter-missing-intl/index.html

All modern warplanes crash a lot, especially fighters- two Eurofighters collided a week or so ago for example. They're over engineered, but they still have very little margin for error. An F35 crashing is pretty expensive but not really unexpected. If they start crashing like John McCain is flying them it would be a problem, but a crash or two is literally inevitable.

(OTOH the Israeli F35 being hit by an ancient S200 over Lebanon was probably a bit off putting, even if it wasn't brought down)