Lets Get Political

Amentep

19 minutes ago, Gromnir said:

am clear not communicating this. 

do a board search for "max shreck."

"sharp" references in the present context may make more sense.

HA! Good Fun!

What does Skarpen have to do with Sharp_One? I thought you were calling him 'sharp' because injurai commented on skarpens sig pic than insinuating something.

Edited by smjjames

13 minutes ago, smjjames said:

What does Rejiek Hidesman have to do with Sharp_One? I thought you were calling him 'sharp' because injurai commented on skarpens sig pic than insinuating something.

fixed

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

3 minutes ago, Gromnir said:

fixed

HA! Good Fun!

You've gone from not clear to negative because I'm even more confused because you're both telling me to use 'sharp' in a mocking context while at the same time you're referring to skarpen as 'sharp', does that mean you're constantly mocking him by calling him 'sharp'?

31 minutes ago, smjjames said:

What does Skarpen have to do with Sharp_One?

13 minutes ago, smjjames said:

at the same time you're referring to skarpen as 'sharp'

https://translate.google.com/#view=home&op=translate&sl=sv&tl=en&text=skarp

https://translate.google.com/#view=home&op=translate&sl=sv&tl=en&text=en

No doubt entirely coincidental. Hell, it's so ****ing blatant that at this point I'm inclined to believe it's actually someone else just trolling, which is why the mods haven't shot him down yet.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

1 minute ago, 213374U said:

https://translate.google.com/#view=home&op=translate&sl=sv&tl=en&text=skarp

https://translate.google.com/#view=home&op=translate&sl=sv&tl=en&text=en

No doubt entirely coincidental. Hell, it's so ****ing blatant that at this point I'm inclined to believe it's actually someone else just trolling, which is why the mods haven't shot him down yet.

I did come to the conclusion that gromnir thinks or maybe thinks that skarpen is somehow sharp_one, but I didn't want to straight out conspiritorationally call him out on it, hence the 'what does skarpen have to do with sharp_one', then gromnir proceeded to be obsfucative.

In that case, wouldn't the mods be able to tell via IP or whatever that skarpen is indeed sharp_one. The thing is that skarpen, while he is also Polish and is a patriot and loves hussars, he doesn't sound a whole lot like sharp_one, (whch goes a ways towards explaining me being oblivious to what gromnir was saying), thus I wasn't exactly convinced.

Of course, gromnir has been around this community a hell of a lot longer than I have and would know sharp_one way better, and so, may have picked up some cues that I didn't.

EITHER WAY, maybe it's time we stopped being all conspiritorational and ask the mods to actually confirm whether skarpen really is sharp_one?

1 hour ago, smjjames said:

In that case, wouldn't the mods be able to tell via IP or whatever that skarpen is indeed sharp_one.

To be fair, I doubt the boards log anything beyond basic user data, which is trivially easy to obfuscate. Moderators simply giving suspected sockpuppeteers enough rope to hang themselves with is no doubt a wise policy.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

True on that, and all I'm saying is that if we (well, gromnir at least) are going to be all conspiritorational about it to the point that it ends up with missed signals at me, then we should get this over with.

No idea if I'm the only one who missed all the signals initially though or what, injurais comment seemed more of an offhand reference to the sig pic than any kind of signalling,

Edited by smjjames

Well that's a first in a forum discussion I had. I had been called names but this level of conspiracy theory where I'm somehow a different user is new. Nothing more to do than calmly back away from talking to a mentally unstable person.

P.S. Seems some updates in my profile are in order.

166215__front.jpg

4 hours ago, 213374U said:

To be fair, I doubt the boards log anything beyond basic user data, which is trivially easy to obfuscate. Moderators simply giving suspected sockpuppeteers enough rope to hang themselves with is no doubt a wise policy.

This

On both accounts.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

12 hours ago, smjjames said:

I did come to the conclusion that gromnir thinks or maybe thinks that skarpen is somehow sharp_one, but I didn't want to straight out conspiritorationally call him out on it, hence the 'what does skarpen have to do with sharp_one', then gromnir proceeded to be obsfucative.

In that case, wouldn't the mods be able to tell via IP or whatever that skarpen is indeed sharp_one.

so, to avoid "conspiritorationally," you pretended to be oblivious and/or obtuse for multiple posts?

your goal appears more "obfuscative" than our efforts, but if this is your first step towards your EGOT, then we will cheer you forward. very convincing dupe.

gorth response is exact why there were no point in asking translation: sharpone bout use o' sharp and is reason why it were pointless to ask mods to intervene.

nevertheless, let's use occam's razor for the moment.

temporal proximate to sharp's humiliating emo farewell, a new polish poster, with same politics and same humor  and same name (translated) begins posting... admitted absent the overt misogynistic, racist and or jew-hating nonsense which presumable resulted in his double-secret probation. 2.0 has many o' the same posting ticks as in the past. (we once caught sharp posting links to articles he had not read. his defense were that were perfect reasonable 'cause o' reading title and 'cause o' frequency the article were quoted. didn't see anything wrong with linking unread articles.) rather than suffer advanced moderation protocols (or whatever,) sharp slunk away but on the way out, the community kicked him in the arse and had a laugh or two at his expense. was not exactly a sound of music exit, eh?

shortly thereafter, translation:sharpone shows up on the board. 

ok, at this point am gonna indulge in assumption... gonna take as a given that unlike smjjames, sharp were as aware as #s and gorth that there were little way for moderators to divine his identity if he should decide to come back under a new(ish) nom de guerre.

am admitted at a loss as to what would motivate a non-sharp doppler to assume familiar name to troll the boards as #s describes. sharp motivations and opportunity is less murky.

so, who would be the most plausible poster using the new translation:sharpone account: old sharp, or the field?

this got way more attention than it deserves.

back on-topic

For Trump, Threats Become Part of Diplomatic Playbook

the wsj is a bit more ambivalent 'bout trump's free use o' tariffs than other sources, but...

"The president’s pairing of a threat with its subsequent withdrawal allows him to regularly declare wins, even if he hasn’t obtained any substantial concessions.

"“No matter what, he’s going to declare victory,” Kevin Madden, a Republican strategist who advised Utah GOP Sen. Mitt Romney’s 2008 presidential campaign, said of the president. “He finds a way to even when it’s become clear that he’s run out of options and his threat is not having the intended effect.”"

sound familiar?

and

"The president has suggested that he also sees inconsistent messages as a useful negotiating tactic. He said on Twitter recently that Iran faced its “official end” if it threatened the U.S. and sent conflicting signals as he ordered additional military power to the Middle East while declaring he would be open to talking to Iran’s leaders.

"“At least Iran doesn’t know what to think, which at this point may very well be a good thing!” he tweeted last month.

"Iran’s foreign minister Javad Zarif responded with his own Twitter taunt. Referring to U.S. National Security Adviser John Bolton, he wrote: “With the #B_Team doing one thing & @realDonaldTrump saying another thing, it is apparently the U.S. that ‘doesn’t know what to think.’”"

am in the unfamiliar situation o' finding our self in agreement with iran?  'course am not believing the president does ruminate to any degree. is all impulse and gut. 

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

40 minutes ago, Gromnir said:

so, to avoid "conspiritorationally," you pretended to be oblivious and/or obtuse for multiple posts?

your goal appears more "obfuscative" than our efforts, but if this is your first step towards your EGOT, then we will cheer you forward. very convincing dupe.

gorth response is exact why there were no point in asking translation: sharpone bout use o' sharp and is reason why it were pointless to ask mods to intervene.

nevertheless, let's use occam's razor for the moment.

temporal proximate to sharp's humiliating emo farewell, a new polish poster, with same politics and same humor  and same name (translated) begins posting... admitted absent the overt misogynistic, racist and or jew-hating nonsense which presumable resulted in his double-secret probation. 2.0 has many o' the same posting ticks as in the past. (we once caught sharp posting links to articles he had not read. his defense were that were perfect reasonable 'cause o' reading title and 'cause o' frequency the article were quoted. didn't see anything wrong with linking unread articles.) rather than suffer advanced moderation protocols (or whatever,) sharp slunk away but on the way out, the community kicked him in the arse and had a laugh or two at his expense. was not exactly a sound of music exit, eh?

shortly thereafter, translation:sharpone shows up on the board. 

ok, at this point am gonna indulge in assumption... gonna take as a given that unlike smjjames, sharp were as aware as #s and gorth that there were little way for moderators to divine his identity if he should decide to come back under a new(ish) nom de guerre.

am admitted at a loss as to what would motivate a non-sharp doppler to assume familiar name to troll the boards as #s describes. sharp motivations and opportunity is less murky.

so, who would be the most plausible poster using the new translation:sharpone account: old sharp, or the field?

this got way more attention than it deserves.

I'll admit that I was being subtle, maybe too subtle, and you're the one who decided to be obsfucative rather than answer the question more directly. Also, as I said earlier, you know sharp_one a heck of a lot better than I do and would pick up on the similarities more easily than I could, which is why I kept missing your subtle signals. So, is it my fault that I missed things that were all too obvious to you? no.

I agree however that this got more attention than it deserves.

40 minutes ago, Gromnir said:

back on-topic

For Trump, Threats Become Part of Diplomatic Playbook

the wsj is a bit more ambivalent 'bout trump's free use o' tariffs than other sources, but...

"The president’s pairing of a threat with its subsequent withdrawal allows him to regularly declare wins, even if he hasn’t obtained any substantial concessions.

"“No matter what, he’s going to declare victory,” Kevin Madden, a Republican strategist who advised Utah GOP Sen. Mitt Romney’s 2008 presidential campaign, said of the president. “He finds a way to even when it’s become clear that he’s run out of options and his threat is not having the intended effect.”"

sound familiar?

and

"The president has suggested that he also sees inconsistent messages as a useful negotiating tactic. He said on Twitter recently that Iran faced its “official end” if it threatened the U.S. and sent conflicting signals as he ordered additional military power to the Middle East while declaring he would be open to talking to Iran’s leaders.

"“At least Iran doesn’t know what to think, which at this point may very well be a good thing!” he tweeted last month.

"Iran’s foreign minister Javad Zarif responded with his own Twitter taunt. Referring to U.S. National Security Adviser John Bolton, he wrote: “With the #B_Team doing one thing & @realDonaldTrump saying another thing, it is apparently the U.S. that ‘doesn’t know what to think.’”"

am in the unfamiliar situation o' finding our self in agreement with iran?  'course am not believing the president does ruminate to any degree. is all impulse and gut. 

HA! Good Fun!

He's said before (or at least implied and other sources have said and/or implied as well) that he uses the same tactics in Real Estate, so, it's no surprise that he's using said tactics that appear to have worked so well for him there. There may also be a bit of Nixon's 'Madman doctrine' in there (as I've heard mentioned before as being part of the so called 11D chess strategy), but Nixon was politically savvy where Trump isn't.

Whether the strategy and tactic is truly effective in Real Estate, I have no idea, but it's definetly hurting the US's reputation and credibility and all around making enemies and allies alike go 'WTF are they doing?'. If the strategy/tactic was done by someone who has the political competence and everything that Trump doesn't have, it could play out differently.

Edited by smjjames
typo

1 hour ago, smjjames said:

I'll admit that I was being subtle, maybe too subtle, and you're the one who decided to be obsfucative rather than answer the question more directly. Also, as I said earlier, you know sharp_one a heck of a lot better than I do and would pick up on the similarities more easily than I could, which is why I kept missing your subtle signals. So, is it my fault that I missed things that were all too obvious to you? no.

I agree however that this got more attention than it deserves.

still missing the real point, but clear we need be more blunt.

what are the reasonable options? a sharp doppel. somebody who knew the sharp situation doppel. any others? as #s observes, the name is a translation o' sharpone, so given timing and polish and trumphumping, would it not be requiring a bit o' obtuseness to ignore obvious in favor o' a credulity straining coincidence?

has nothing to do with knowing sharp and not need be sharp for the issue to remain. 

on point: trump has yet to close a meaningful deal in ~2.5 years as president. has gotten a couple court wins and used executive orders, but am thinking most would concede unilateral action ain't requiring any kinda savy dealmaking. might quibble over whether trump deal making has been an abject failure, but don't seem plausible to claim success.

HA! Good Fun!

4 minutes ago, HoonDing said:

Why would any Pole support Drump? He'd sell them all out to Putin in a heartbeat.

Well the last US president that sold us to USSR was a democrat, so we are betting on a second party right now.

And it seems Trump cares about security in the region and is willing to increase US Troops stationed in Poland. 

So yeah there's that. And unlike the previous asshat in the WH Trump knows there were no polish deathcamps and that nazis were german, so that works for him as a cherry on top.

166215__front.jpg

57 minutes ago, HoonDing said:

Why would any Pole support Drump? He'd sell them all out to Putin in a heartbeat.

Can't expect too much.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

10 hours ago, Gromnir said:

has nothing to do with knowing sharp and not need be sharp for the issue to remain. 

HA! Good Fun!

If you see a guy who loves Trump, hates Hillary, makes bad jokes about women and black people in the humour thread, believing himself to be clever, you have found a candidate. People can change their appearances, but they can't hide from their personality, it always shows through the pretense. Sharp_One was never man enough to own up to his mistakes. Too much narcissism in that one, would be surprised if he stayed away.

Something a bit more worthy of people's time, stuff happening in China and Hong Kong, is Tiananmen square v2 in the making? Will it become a drawn out test of patience or will Xi Jinping need to show he can crack down on dissent even more decisively than the protests in 1989? Bear in mind, this seems localized to Hong Kong at the moment, but it may spread to the mainland if allowed to remain unchallenged (my guess, pulled out my rear)

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-48577907

• Like 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

42 minutes ago, Gorth said:

Something a bit more worthy of people's time, stuff happening in China and Hong Kong, is Tiananmen square v2 in the making? Will it become a drawn out test of patience or will Xi Jinping need to show he can crack down on dissent even more decisively than the protests in 1989? Bear in mind, this seems localized to Hong Kong at the moment, but it may spread to the mainland if allowed to remain unchallenged (my guess, pulled out my rear)

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-48577907

I have been following this development and its very concerning, this extradition bill be passed despite protests in HK  and activists will be sent to China for trial...so basically they wont have the protection and rights of a legitimate court system....very depressing for anyone in HK who is opposed to Chinese autocracy and believes in freedom of speech

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

The only thing surprising about recent developments in Hong Kong is that they have been so long in coming. China has become a modern and prosperous country by shedding some of the impediments it's economic system had placed on it's growth. But it is not a "free" country by any means and is not likely to morph into one. 

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Please keep posts to addressing the topic and not other posters.

• Thanks 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

2 hours ago, Guard Dog said:

Hey, it's been a long time since we had a good old fashioned alt unmasking. Although I do remember that exposing one used be be a little trickier and take a little more post reading. I guess they hid themselves better in the old days! :lol:

is actual some ambiguity on this issue which would benefit from mod clarification. after all, unmasking is calling out a lie, yes? is nothing 'gainst board rules which precludes identifying and criticizing a lie, no? derek insists he never said A. paul finds 5 posts where derek said A and confronts derek with the inconsistency. regardless o' the nature o' A, derek's willingness to lie and defend a lie makes his posts and opinions, as a whole, less trustworthy.

to keep relevant, will once again observe how is so difficult to believe trump regarding the mexican deal for which he is taking credit. trump claims he forged a deal with mexico and gained concessions which will lead to decreased border crossings. however, the key aspects o' the announced deal were already in place in december o' 2018, so what did tariff threats really accomplish? trump insists there is more to the deal and media is lying, but trump ain't sharing the more stuff. regardless, given trump's history o' deceit, why would you believe him this time?

lack o' trustworthiness is fundamental. is impossible to insulate. is not as if we believe trump 'bout infrastructure, but not 'bout wall building. dishonesty touches every topic which trump involves self.

for folks who believe trump, the question is why do you believe him given his pathological lying? how do you insulate inarguable lies regarding cancer causing windmills and payments to pornstars from his claims 'bout immigration and china negotiations? 

show a speaker is a habitual liar is gonna be relevant to every topic, yes?

am agreeing is a difficult issue. accusation o' lies is sometimes difficult to defend and accusation rare accompanies any evidence save the accuser's animosity. am s'posing is a tough call for mods.

oh well, will attempt to figure out the line 'tween too sharp and too dull...take flavor flav advice to heart:

"I wear my Viking helmet because the horns define how sharp my brains are. If you try to rub me the wrong way, I will stick you with both of my horns."

MV5BMTcyMDkxNjgzNF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwMjg0

HA! Good Fun!

1 hour ago, Gromnir said:

for folks who believe trump, the question is why do you believe him given his pathological lying? how do you insulate inarguable lies regarding cancer causing windmills and payments to pornstars from his claims 'bout immigration and china negotiations? 

If Trump critics would get off their high horse for a short time to actually try to speak to Trump base without contempt or animosity they could find out easily the answer to "Why Trump?" question.

His base is not young kids for whom this is a first rodeo. They've been around for Obama, Bush, Clinton, other Bush, Reagan, some surely remember Reagan and Carter. Argument that Trump' a liar is ridiculous to them. They know all politicians are liars. Pointing to them that a politician is a liar is like arguing to a beekeeper "don't pick those bee's they sting". Well of course they sting those are bee's. The point is how good honey they make.

People voted for Trump for the same basic reason Afroamericans voted for Obama. They think he is their guy and he have their back. Even if he fails to deliver on his promises he can always blame the deep state and opposition. That they are restraining him from doing more good for the people. It's the old story of Good Tsar and bad Boyars. You can look it up.

Maybe this would shed some light for you. 

166215__front.jpg