Heya guys, i'm having a blast with a Chanter build you suggested to me, now i want to hire a merc, i'm indecided between a Brute or a Swashcuckler. Wich one you think is the best for raw damage? i don't mind the micro aspects, i'm not sure if brute can keep up with the scaling damage of the rogue with sneak attack (it scales with PL?) and mortal blow, but i'm curios to hear your expert suggestions!

Probably going for dw sabre or swords since they have a lot of double attack, but i'm open for suggestions! (swords or sabre since he will be devoted for sure)

As always, thanks in advance!

Edited by helmino

If you're set on multiclassing, the Swashy will very likely come out ahead on raw damage, all else being equal.  But if raw damage is your only criteria, both options would be better if you dropped the Fighter part and just went with a single-classed Barb or Rogue.   (Single-classed Barbarian, in particular, is a step up from a Brute, because lots of the good Barb abilities come online late, and the tier VIII and IX stuff is dynamite.) 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Enoch said:

If you're set on multiclassing, the Swashy will very likely come out ahead on raw damage, all else being equal.  But if raw damage is your only criteria, both options would be better if you dropped the Fighter part and just went with a single-classed Barb or Rogue.   (Single-classed Barbarian, in particular, is a step up from a Brute, because lots of the good Barb abilities come online late, and the tier VIII and IX stuff is dynamite.) 

I'm picking Warrior for added survivabilty and hit to crit. Rogue Will be ahead of barb damage? Aoe damage sounds fun, but on single target i think rogue will outclass him(?). I don't know how deathblow stack with sneak attack xD

Edited by helmino