Need to trigger brilliant through Shroud of the Phantom before combat tho.

BDD + Salvation + Tons of mage buff, once trigger Blade Cascade, then switch to 2H axe, main dps source is DoT of bleeding cut, since u are at 0 recovery, each attack trigger DoT and thus u literally ignore enemy armor. Finish with Worthy sacrifice.

Edit: luckily I triggered blade cascade one first hit, otherwise it will be a bit slower, around 2:30 min, but I also paused a bit, so it's kinda of compensate :)

Edit 2: Might be able to reduce the time to <1 min with Monk/Priest because of Heartbeat Drumming + Swift Flurry, but this a concept so it doesn't matter.

New videa as Contemplative, 40 secs killed Dorugudan.

Edited by dunehunter
  • Like 4
  • Gasp! 1

Gellarde! Watching you whack away was quite a sight. What is Shroud of the Phantom?

My Deadfire mods
Out With The Good: The mod for tidying up your Deadfire combat tooltip.
Waukeen's Berth: Make all your basic purchases at Queen's Berth.
Carrying Voice: Wider chanter invocations.
Nemnok's Congregation: Lets all priests express their true faith.

Deadfire skill check catalogue right here!

So You have to wait for brilliant to trigger and immediately engage? Super lucky with Blade Cascade but siiick, he went down fast.  

BTW since you have thaumaturge in play could you check if you can trigger brilliant when at 1hp(BDD)?

Edit.  Wall of draining was nerfed many moons ago,  and in 5.0 they nerfed it more, it hits barrels etc just once when not in the fight,  so no more triggering brilliant out of combat and pumping it on barrels. 

Edited by Waski

signature2jpg-SM2.jpg

Pretty amazing stuff :)

Makes me even more bummed that the proc from Scordeo's Edge is the only way to get 0 recovery in Deadfire. No matter how many speed bonuses you go out of your way to cram together, you'll always lag behind the tedious effort of wielding a different weapon until it procc'es, then switching... Unnecessarily tedious.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

It's called "Shroud of the Phantasm" by the way. :)

Bleeding Cuts (Battle Axe DoT) does use the dmg you deal post PEN/AR calculation afaik. So your raw DoT is a lot lower if you underpenetrate with the Battle Axe. So not really ignoring the target's AR?

Still fast enough though. ;)

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

1 hour ago, AndreaColombo said:

Pretty amazing stuff :)

Makes me even more bummed that the proc from Scordeo's Edge is the only way to get 0 recovery in Deadfire. No matter how many speed bonuses you go out of your way to cram together, you'll always lag behind the tedious effort of wielding a different weapon until it procc'es, then switching... Unnecessarily tedious.

Also 20 stacks of Scordeo's Trophy should lead to 0 recovery. Of course it is more complicated to combine with Salvation...

Edited by Elric Galad

17 hours ago, Elric Galad said:

Also 20 stacks of Scordeo's Trophy should lead to 0 recovery. Of course it is more complicated to combine with Salvation...

No Scordeo's Tropy is a multiplicative bonus and gets weaker everytime you apply it. (You probably need way over 100 stacks to get it to -100% or it might also be impossible, I'm not the best mathematician but it should be impossible to get it to 100%, but even getting it to 99ish will take forever).

The good thing about Scordeo's Trophy tho is you can get it much earlier than the saber.

• Thanks 1

On 5/19/2019 at 4:43 AM, Raven Darkholme said:

No Scordeo's Tropy is a multiplicative bonus and gets weaker everytime you apply it. (You probably need way over 100 stacks to get it to -100% or it might also be impossible, I'm not the best mathematician but it should be impossible to get it to 100%, but even getting it to 99ish will take forever).

The good thing about Scordeo's Trophy tho is you can get it much earlier than the saber.

i don't think this is right? if it's a single, stacking buff then it would in fact be possible to get to -100% recovery after just 20 stacks. if it was action speed, then it would be the situation you're describing, but a single, increasing recovery time bonus does have increasing returns (similar situation is fighter mob stance, but in practice you can't threaten 20 enemies so it's not a concern from a balance perspective)

I just tried it out:

6 stacks: -24%

15 stacks: -44%

20 stacks: -51%

You get the picture... :)

Even with Gunner (-20%), Heating Up (-50%), Rushed Reload (-50%) and 20 stacks of Opening Barrage active at the same time (-51%) I'm not even close to 0 seconds reload.

Those stacks don't simply get added - but are all seperate recovery time reductions that also run out individually. You need to be able to shoot really fast, have a lot of INT or abuse SoT or Draining Wall in order to even get to 20 stacks.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, thelee said:

i don't think this is right? if it's a single, stacking buff then it would in fact be possible to get to -100% recovery after just 20 stacks. if it was action speed, then it would be the situation you're describing, but a single, increasing recovery time bonus does have increasing returns (similar situation is fighter mob stance, but in practice you can't threaten 20 enemies so it's not a concern from a balance perspective)

I usually don't post stuff I haven't tested myself, the only assumption in my post was if getting to 100% is even possible, since both my math and patience are not up to validating that. 😛

Niceeee.  Quite a spectacle. 

42 minutes ago, Boeroer said:

I just tried it out:

6 stacks: -24%

15 stacks: -44%

20 stacks: -51%

You get the picture... :)

Even with Gunner (-20%), Heating Up (-50%), Rushed Reload (-50%) and 20 stacks of Opening Barrage active at the same time (-51%) I'm not even close to 0 seconds reload.

Those stacks don't simply get added - but are all seperate recovery time reductions that also run out individually. You need to be able to shoot really fast, have a lot of INT or abuse SoT or Draining Wall in order to even get to 20 stacks.  

Boeroer,  only way to get 0 on reload is triggering Arcane  Blaster + Wall of Draining or SoT. 

Edited by Waski

signature2jpg-SM2.jpg

Just now, Waski said:

Niceeee.  Quite a spectacle. 

Boeroer,  only way to get 0 on reload is triggering Arcane  Blaster + Wall of Draining. 

that doesn't actually work. arcane blaster's bullet time gives you 0 recovery but there's still a minimum reload (i reported as bug some versions back and never saw a fix).

for the curious, it is mathematically impossible to get to 0 recovery with anything other than a specific buff that either gives you -100% recovery time or specifically zeroes out your recovery (the only true example I can think of is Blade Cascade from Scordeo's Edge). It's because otherwise all recovery time reduction buffs translate into an action speed increase, which is of the formula default_recovery_time/(1 + total_action_speed_bonus_as_decimal) = final_recovery_time. for those who remember their high school geometry, this is basically the graph y = 1/x, and if you remember, no matter how large x is, y can never be zero.

from a game perspective, it might be possible to accumulate enough action speed bonus that the game rounds down to zero but in practice you would need an impractially huge amount of recovery time bonus (for a 2s recovery from casting a slow spell you'd need more than >4000% action speed bonus to have .05s or less recovery, which would round down to 0s recovery on the tooltip (though the game might still track that single frame or two of recovery behind the scenes without rounding).

Yeah I know that you can't reach 0 without stuff like Blood Thirst or Blade Cascade. I just wanted to show that those stacks of Opening Barrage just act like any other accumulation of individual recovery time bonuses and that you can't get near zero even with the highest accumulation of individual speed buffs. That they don't work like 5% + 5% = 10% - and that the others don't do that as well.

I also don't think it's possible to reach the point where the game rounds the last frame down to zero. Except if stuff like Opening Barrage is not capped despite its description maybe.

1 hour ago, thelee said:

that doesn't actually work. arcane blaster's bullet time gives you 0 recovery but there's still a minimum reload (i reported as bug some versions back and never saw a fix).

for the curious, it is mathematically impossible to get to 0 recovery with anything other than a specific buff that either gives you -100% recovery time or specifically zeroes out your recovery (the only true example I can think of is Blade Cascade from Scordeo's Edge). It's because otherwise all recovery time reduction buffs translate into an action speed increase, which is of the formula default_recovery_time/(1 + total_action_speed_bonus_as_decimal) = final_recovery_time. for those who remember their high school geometry, this is basically the graph y = 1/x, and if you remember, no matter how large x is, y can never be zero.

from a game perspective, it might be possible to accumulate enough action speed bonus that the game rounds down to zero but in practice you would need an impractially huge amount of recovery time bonus (for a 2s recovery from casting a slow spell you'd need more than >4000% action speed bonus to have .05s or less recovery, which would round down to 0s recovery on the tooltip (though the game might still track that single frame or two of recovery behind the scenes without rounding).

Re: Arcana Blaster. Isn't it at attack time ( and animation of attack)?  1.1 sec base,  with DAoM should be around for 0.7. Two handed melee have 0.7 base so buffed around 0.4. That's why it feels a lot faster?? 

signature2jpg-SM2.jpg