Pictures of your games 12

If you had pictures of your games, this would be where to place them.

Like the previous thread, if you need examples -

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

More exploring:

iVdaZWN.jpg

A Set temple. If anyone is here they should welcome me with open arms:

UfqoeLP.jpg

Well, this place doesn't look ominous at all. I'm sure there are no gigantic spider or other beasts looking to horribly murder me in there:

NzXLPqZ.jpg

Just as I thought, not scary at all. There's zero chance there's anything to harm me down there...

35kFIOu.jpg

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Well, the copycat in me got the better of me again. I've begun my own Conan Exiles quest, and what I've done is turned off all in-game helper markers, and I haven't watched any video or read any tutorial. I'm going in blind. And my only Conan knowledge is the ancient first Arnold movie from decades ago. I declined Battleye, and I'm playing solo on a server, pretending it's a mix of hardcore Minecraft and The Long Dark. I picked a Khitan sorceress with Ymir as her god, in a desert, heh. I love that contrast!

Here are a few of my total noob pics. I've died 3 times so far, twice of thirst by the way (until I learned that I just could dive in a body of water and get my thirst quenched), and I suspect there will be heaps and heaps more of bizarre deaths coming my way:

P1xLtg.jpg

5zAQkb.jpg

WIgvAj.jpg

My first night. Moments later, some weird zombie imp killed me in the dark. Pretty scary stuff.

JG7pdZ.jpg

hjqoQs.jpg

Here's me boxing another imp to death until I learned a weapon recipe and had the right amount of components.

0wzhUv.jpg

The mood and atmosphere is pretty neat in this game, although some animations lock up, with frozen baddies for a sec or two, and my loong pony tail has bad model clipping. It goes straight through her chest when she's squatting.

LM6fUe.jpg

I managed to hit this imp with my primitive sword so hard that it fell off this cliff, and it worked like a charm. Stiff falling imp animation, though.

XMTCN1.jpg

Crashing down a huge stone hammer has a nice oomph to it, and you do pay a price gravity-wise after a huge right-click swing.

L0fxyq.jpg

Here's the moment when I realized that I could drink water by diving into this little pool. Neat fish by the way, but they seem to be saltwater fish, and yet I drank that water, no problems.

• Like 1

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

2 hours ago, IndiraLightfoot said:

Well, the copycat in me got the better of me again. I've begun my own Conan Exiles quest, and what I've done is turned off all in-game helper markers, and I haven't watched any video or read any tutorial. I'm going in blind. And my only Conan knowledge is the ancient first Arnold movie from decades ago. I declined Battleye, and I'm playing solo on a server, pretending it's a mix of hardcore Minecraft and The Long Dark. I picked a Khitan sorceress with Ymir as her god, in a desert, heh. I love that contrast!

There is a lot the game doesn't tell you but I won't give you any tips or hints unless you specifically ask. I also am playing solo on what is basically normal difficulty. The 2 changes I made was disabling The Purge and disabling dropping loot on death. So, I'm basically playing this like a single-player RPG, rather than a multi-player survival game. I like that the game gives you tons of options on tweaking the difficulty, if you so desire. I didn't change anything about enemy damage or HP, so bosses are really tough, since they were designed with a party of several players in mind... Or they would be if I didn't have snake arrows. :banana:

• Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

24 minutes ago, Keyrock said:

There is a lot the game doesn't tell you but I won't give you any tips or hints unless you specifically ask. I also am playing solo on what is basically normal difficulty. The 2 changes I made was disabling The Purge and disabling dropping loot on death. So, I'm basically playing this like a single-player RPG, rather than a multi-player survival game. I like that the game gives you tons of options on tweaking the difficulty, if you so desire. I didn't change anything about enemy damage or HP, so bosses are really tough, since they were designed with a party of several players in mind... Or they would be if I didn't have snake arrows. :banana:

Ahh, and here I was about to ask about The Purge, since the meter's almost at the first marker for me (my megalomaniac building tendencies might have something to do with that...)

So yeah, now that I have some thralls, some decent armour and have sacrificed countless unbelievers (probably some believers as well, they should feel honoured) I felt powerful enough to do away with subtlety...

I built a massive mess-hall/throne room next to my temple and added guard towers and a gate (I've since added stairs to the entryway):
440900_20190515020529_1.png
440900_20190515165506_1.png

I like to think the view from the terrace isn't half bad:
440900_20190515020732_1.png

The area with the campfire at the bottom of the cliff is where I got killed the first time:
440900_20190515165623_1.png

View on my base from the humble cliffside housing I started off with:
440900_20190516005330_1.png

I've been exploring, mostly east, trying to find some good Thralls (archers to man my walls or craftsmen, mostly, especially looking for an armourer), but I ran into this sleeping...thing, and noped the hell outta there...
440900_20190516014937_1.png
I also ran into a boss croc (which promptly murdered the hell out of me) and a boss hyena (which I promptly ran away from) and I killed a boss turtle-thing by kiting it to my walls where my archers did their thing (need to figure out a way to keep mobs from getting right up to my walls, because that seems to confuse the AI)

I also switched to medium armour for combat situations, still using the light for resource runs though.

EDIT fwiw I play on normal and the only changes I made (so far) were halving crafting resource requirements and halving the time it takes to "break" Thralls. Interested to see what The Purge will bring...

Edited by marelooke
  • Like 2

I've killed that thing on the island in your picture... by heroically climbing up on a rock outcropping where it couldn't reach me and putting nearly 100 snake arrows into it (my man has a TON of HP).

Some more exploring. I went on quite the trek into unexplored areas of the map, almost died several times, but somehow I made it through alive.

My armor choice was not the greatest in the jungle and desert regions, but when I reached this area, I was really glad I was wearing it:

6Xb8B45.jpg

gr99E3y.jpg

ksNQXO3.jpg

9gdf6jK.jpg

• Like 2

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

5 hours ago, Keyrock said:

I also am playing solo on what is basically normal difficulty. The 2 changes I made was disabling The Purge and disabling dropping loot on death. So, I'm basically playing this like a single-player RPG, rather than a multi-player survival game. I like that the game gives you tons of options on tweaking the difficulty, if you so desire. I didn't change anything about enemy damage or HP, so bosses are really tough, since they were designed with a party of several players in mind... Or they would be if I didn't have snake arrows. :banana:

5 hours ago, marelooke said:

Ahh, and here I was about to ask about The Purge, since the meter's almost at the first marker for me (my megalomaniac building tendencies might have something to do with that...)

So yeah, now that I have some thralls, some decent armour and have sacrificed countless unbelievers (probably some believers as well, they should feel honoured) I felt powerful enough to do away with subtlety…

fwiw I play on normal and the only changes I made (so far) were halving crafting resource requirements and halving the time it takes to "break" Thralls. Interested to see what The Purge will bring...

Hmm, these are interesting tweaks to the game, you've made there, guys! I'm also on Normal difficulty, and I do manage to kill three human opponents around a campfire with just a stone maul and some dodging. Having just started and getting used to the keyboard mapping, I should perhaps start over. What I like about Keyrock's setup is the disabled dropping loot on death, and the Purge invasions could perhaps be something I could live without. And Marelooke's two time-saving tweaks to crafting and thrall-breaking seems neat as well. And Set is a really cool God outside the Conan universe lore too. Arrows sounds really useful, especially since I love archery builds. A lot to consider.

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

@IndiraLightfoot You can tweak difficulty settings on the fly, no need to start over. The deity choice is permanent, but you can learn other religions, provided you can find the teacher.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Yah, I just took a gander at the Custom settings, and there were a handful of tabs. I had no idea that this was separate from my choosing the difficulty. So, I went ahead and tweaked like Marelooke and yours (Keyrock) combined, as well as having the thirst meter go at half rate. Heh, I even noticed the nudity setting. A few months back, I recall Melkathi playing a Conan the Barbarian 2D side scroller game on Steam, and let's just say that I've changed this setting to match his more lewd preference. 😄

I have no problem at all starting over, and my picking that Northerner look was me thinking that the spawn point environment was different each time, but now I realize that you start in this desert, so I created a new character, more Nubian-Egyptian, fitting of this Set religion of hers, without any weirdly clipping three-feet ponytail. Here she is at the very start:

zk4gLH.jpg

JiemnB.jpg 

• Like 1

Age of Barbarian is surprisingly fun, despite the cringe worthy writing, the oversexualisation, and the sometimes iffy controls. In a way it is nostalgia pure: bad writing, bad gameplay, and bad morals - how more early 90s can you get? 😄

It has two things going for it: well done atmosphere, and devs who truly care to fix anything they break.

Edited by melkathi
  • Haha 1

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

1 hour ago, Gfted1 said:

Do you have to eat in Conan Exiles too?

Indeed you do. So far, my two first characters have only eaten insects and eggs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Gfted1 said:

Do you have to eat in Conan Exiles too?

It's a survival game, so you have to eat, drink, heat/cold affect you, and all that stuff. The nice thing is that the game is EXTREMELY customizable, so you can tweak how fast you get hungry and thirsty and a whole host of other factors and probably completely eliminate them too.

6 hours ago, HoonDing said:

csKRsfB.jpg

@HoonDing Are Aria and Eris sisters? I ask because they have identical faces, except for eye color, hair color, and hair style.

• Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

17 hours ago, IndiraLightfoot said:

A few months back, I recall Melkathi playing a Conan the Barbarian 2D side scroller game on Steam, and let's just say that I've changed this setting to match his more lewd preference. 😄

I am also playing on lewd settings :brows:

Here's my throne room from the edge of the raised area where my throne sits:

fFQSJX2.jpg

You can see the entire floor is covered with hide rugs and pillows (I keep adding more pillows periodically, my goal is to eventually have piles of pillows everywhere), there are benches and you can see a keg. There are 4 kegs total in my throne room, I'll probably add more in the future (can't be running out when debauchery is going on). There are also 2 beds up on the raised area where my throne is. And yes, that's me on the stairs in the buff. I usually run around my base naked and when I'm farming in relatively safe areas, because I can carry more that way. From a RP perspective, no one is allowed to wear anything more than a loincloth and jewelry in my throne room, that includes visitors, be they diplomats, warchiefs, whatever. Several reasons for this: 1) My base is in the jungle and it's hot as hell. 2) Debauchery may break out at any given moment, less clothing to strip off 3) If someone tries to send disguised assassins to try to kill me, good luck smuggling weapons in when all you're allowed to wear is 2 triangle shaped pieces of cloth.

• Like 3
  • Hmmm 1
  • Gasp! 2

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Haha, my dancers still wear slightly more ;)

On the topic of clothing, it's funny how many of the Thralls you capture will suddenly have more, or different clothing, than you captured them with, and I don't recall handing out clothing.

Love these ghosts that point you to certain caves:
440900_20190516143727_1.png

Also cleared out my first cave (not the one from the ghost, that was croc-cave, which I haven't messed with too much), this one had a whole slew of humans, many of which T2, T3 and a priest of Mitra (which I have no use for, so I just ripped out his heart)
440900_20190516204231_1.png
Annoyingly enemies already started respawning just when I got to the end, so getting out was a pain.

I also finally unlocked the big gate building piece, which turned out to be a tad larger than I had anticiped, so I had to redesign my main gate. If you thought my base couldn't look any more megalomaniac, well...
440900_20190517032745_1.png

I captured a named figher as well, Ennika of Cimmeria, I have the slight impression this is a pretty high tier Thrall since breaking her has been going on for forever with barely any progress (I still use the first Wheel of Pain...). I also built a second Wheel of Pain so I don't have to pass up on any interesting Thralls when I'm on harvesting runs.

Other than that I've mostly been Thrall hunting and fortification building, the Purge meter is getting real close to the marker now.

Btw, for Keyrock on the naked foraging topic (mechanics spoilers inside):

A full set of the "regular" light armour adds 5 to encumbrance, meaning you can carry more with it on than when you are naked, so that's what I've been sporting on my non-combat expeditions (though I usually end up clearing out a camp or capturing a Thrall either way...).

Edited by marelooke
  • Like 3

My new building site. I may eventually build multiple structures jutting out of the cliffs between the giant statues and connect them with what they call in the game "horizontal elevators", which are basically hanging cable cars or aerial tramways. I'm going to begin constructing the first structure roughly where I put the green circle:

rvKqXR1.jpg

You can see a few basic sandstone foundation pieces I constructed (and will later destroy) just to help me climb up and down to a lower platform:

G3a7p2V.jpg

Here they are from the top:

reFyLHo.jpg

Here's the view from the top of the cliff out of which I will build the first structure. I'm standing next to a temporary crafting area I'm starting to build:

WliSguf.jpg

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 2

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

at4R29u.jpg

Head Builder Frae Steelgrip - "Taskmaster Rada. This is an unexpected pleasure. We are honored by your presence."

Taskmaster Rada - "You may dispense with the pleasantries, builder. I am here to put you back on schedule."

Steelgrip - "I assure you, Taskmaster Rada, my men are working as fast as they can."

Rada - "Perhaps I can find new ways to motivate them."

Steelgrip - "I tell you that this fortress will be operational as planned."

Rada - "The Mistress does not share your optimistic appraisal of the situation."

Steelgrip - "But she asks the impossible. I need more men."

Rada - "Then perhaps you can tell her when she arrives."

Steelgrip - *gasp* "The Mistress is coming here?"

Rada - "That is correct, builder, and she is most displeased with your apparent lack of progress."

Steelgrip - "We shall double our efforts."

Rada - "I hope so, builder, for your sake. The Mistress is not as forgiving as I am."

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸