Pictures of your games 12

2 minutes ago, ComradeMaster said:

This looks like fun, how do you upload pictures to this thing?  I hit 'Print Screen' but it says the files are too big to post.  How do I correct that?

Upload to imgur (or another image hosting site) then copy & paste the link here.

• Thanks 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

You did not think my megalomaniac building urges had suddenly gone away, right?

Still working on my pyramid, 41x41 is a lot of space to fill ;)
440900_20200123010647_1.png

The centre is a fountain (Mitra statue), and three elevators, each going to a "main" floor, which themselves are divided up in sub-floors as desirable, mostly with stairs.
The battlements along the upper walls here are not accessible from the ground floor, need to take an elevator to the first floor (or second, for you strange people that number the ground floor as 1), and then down to the battlements.

it's divided in 4 quadrants split by these long halways as above, two of these quadrants are basically still empty, the other two are the dungeons, and the crafting quarters.

Dungeon:
440900_20200123010707_1.png

Cells with view on the wheels of pain... (gotta entertain the prisoners, right? ;) )

Spoiler

440900_20200123010738_1.png

440900_20200123010828_1.png

440900_20200123011510_1.png

The entrance to the Pit of Yog is also through here, for additional, motivation... ;)

Crafting quarters are still fairly barebones

Spoiler

440900_20200123010911_1.png

This is one ("minor") floor up, also lots of rooms for storage etc.:
440900_20200123011000_1.png

Attempt at sense of scale using the one quadrant that hasn't been worked on

Spoiler

440900_20200123011259_1.png

Same location, but from the bottom up, the elevator in the centre (metallic cage behind the middle pillar) of the screen is the same one from the first screenshot.
440900_20200123011842_1.png

Standing on top of the worldpyramid
440900_20200123011351_1.png

Top floor has windows, yay!
440900_20200123011652_1.png

Entrance as seen from the centre of the pyramid
440900_20200123011101_1.png

Edited by marelooke
  • Like 4

nhkm87c30iY.jpg

oh Sadie, you always know what to say

• Like 4
Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

I finally tried 7 Days to Die's current Alpha (18.3). Visually it keeps improving. Won't win any modern-graphic awards, but for an 100% all voxel game, the lighting, fog/rain/snow, textures, object, etc. are huge improvement vs. when I started in A10. More importantly, I think the gameplay has finally improved. Overall more stressful/harder than before, but with tons of options (including mods) you can still make it as easy/casual or as crazy-hard as you want. Me, I still mostly treat it as a survivor/exploration sim vs. tower-zombie-defense. 

7DtD-A18-005a.jpg

7DtD-A18-008a.jpg

7DtD-A18-009a.jpg

Those distant mountains? (that you can reach, climb/explore and flatten to the ground if you want, they're not just scenery) - They used to still show voxel stacking patterns, like below.

7DTD-0102.jpg

That all said, the random world generator takes forever to render/compile a fresh map seed. Loading the save later is fine, but the original in-game creation time can be 15-25 minutes. It's nuts. Spawning new maps/games just to test things is now a chore. Ah well. Nothing's perfect. Another couple years and they might be in Beta. HA.

• Hmmm 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

8 hours ago, Gfted1 said:

Whats in the jar?

Water and tea. Apparently one gets very hungry and thirsty in survival games. Must be from carrying 200,000 pounds of stuff in your backpack.

• Haha 2
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

2 hours ago, ShadySands said:

Is that a gamey game or a visual novel?

Visual Novel RPG.

It has turn based combat and you level your characters.

Loren the Amazon Princess by Winter Wolves Games.

They do these kind of VN RPGs. I played Loren and both Planet Stronghold games of theirs.

I mean to get Seasons of the Wolves and Cursed Lands, since those are in the same setting as Loren.

Edited by melkathi
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

2 hours ago, melkathi said:

I mean to get Seasons of the Wolves and Cursed Lands, since those are in the same setting as Loren.

Seasons of the Wolf isn't very good. Similar to Dragon Age 2, there's no main plot. The combat is better, so if that's your cup of tea you might really like it. Cursed Lands has a better story than Seasons of the Wolf and the same combat but the writing is a little pretentious. In attempts to plug plot holes (harmless stuff like 'why didn't you kill the monster yourself?') NPCs will talk down to you. Overall, Curse is the better of the two but still not as fun as Loren with its simplicity.

Edited by the_dog_days
  • Thanks 1