Pictures of your games 12

Been slacking a bit on taking screenshots, but since this thread's been lacking a certain something now, here we go:

When playing solo I sometimes just teleport between bases, the neat thing is that the old location doesn't immediately unload, so you get a glimpse of how cool things could look with increase draw distance. The beams in the distance are caused by my Tier 3 Derketo and Set temples in my main base, usually these get unloaded (and indeed, they will be unloaded once the engine catches up), but for a brief moment one can get to enjoy what could have been...
440900_20191017003941_1.png

I've also been working on my fourth base now (hmm, come to think of it, I don't think I've posted any screens of No3, heh), since it's in a rather incomplete state here's a a distance shot (basically only part of the initial sandstone mockup is done, stability is iffy too, hence the holes). Figured I'd try my hand at building a pyramid, it's pretty big at 41x41 foundations, so yeah, will see where this ends ;)
440900_20191201213943_1.png

Also not liking the new dodge changes, combined with the stagger changes from a few patches ago this makes it impossible to solo quite a few of the bosses, forcing even more reliance on the stand back, try to stay away, and let thrall fight "combat" style.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

When you're in-game: "Ohhhh this night-time oceanside is so relaxing/beautiful!"

When you're looking at the screenshot later: "...it's a tree and the sky is sorta blueish."

Oh well.

Eastshade_2019-12-19_13-18-54-88a.jpg

• Like 2
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Hey, Lara? Wrong game. GTFO. 

Ansel-00025624b.jpg

...Square and their crossover stuff.  Photoboming Prompto's photos - it's very rare. Only 2nd time for me.

Edit: forgot ... also ... GET UP PROMPTO, GET UP

Ansel-00025589a.jpg

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Once in a while I turn on something besides FFXV. Once in a while.
---------------
I'm not sure yet if I find this cute or scary.

PlanetZoo-001.jpg

The contrast between more realistic/detailed animals and the "cartoonish"/low-detail humans is a bit disconcerting. Odd  decision. Gameplay seems decent tho.
PlanetZoo-002.jpg

• Like 1
  • Gasp! 1

• 2 weeks later...

Rockstar's shtick with meta-commenting on their silent protagonist in GTA Online always felt a bit weird, glad they brought it over into Red Dead Online...

3Zm5NJH-TFk.jpg

...NOT

• Haha 1
  • Hmmm 1
Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

A big thumbs up to the devs for including Tomb Raider 2 Lara with my beloved blue tank top and khaki shorts (also available is the bomber jacket outfit):

ZpL31TE.jpg

And also Angel of Darkness Lara:

Dgd5lys.jpg

The character model even appears in cutscenes:

Yx6OaUg.jpg

jjy5gHR.jpg

Her facial expression doesn't change nor do her lips move with the OG models, which is super hilarious at first, but after the novelty wears off it just makes the cutscenes kind of creepy and awkward. I'll switch to a Nu Lara model to play through the campaign then switch to OG Lara once I'm done and just cleaning up challenge tombs, collectibles, challenges, etc. I'm still hoping I can get the classic blue tank top and khaki shorts outfit for Nu Lara, either as an unlock in the game or via a mod.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 2

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Ashen.

olegFwl.jpg

Founded the town.

I7fNTaf.jpg

The first and so far the only character with facial details. Not a bad thing, but it is an interesting design decision.

ryq2VkI.jpg

OI6lTYI.jpg

NWh76xV.jpg

b1yP4m8.jpg

The second boss defeated, fast travel unlocked.

lrfCqUB.jpg

uD8R0CS.jpg

DsdlIVE.jpg

1yahrLX.jpg

These things can use ladders.

c5eKoP8.jpg

Amiren, attempt #1.

wDnToeO.jpg

PNWChjx.jpg

Amiren, attempt #2.

kSmPlgv.jpg

Success.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Skazz said:

^ I am unfamiliar with the game, but I'm getting a Dark Souls-ish vibe? Is that correct in any way?

Yes. It is a Souls-like, but more co-op focused and less of a Metroidvania (there are almost no shortcuts).

2 hours ago, Skazz said:

^ I am unfamiliar with the game, but I'm getting a Dark Souls-ish vibe? Is that correct in any way?

Kinda. Thematically, it's the exact opposite (instead of a game taking place at end of the age of fire it starts at the end of the an age of darkness). There is co-op, but there are also NPC followers. There's an actual questing system and NPCs have personal quests that you can help them with. The levels are hub based rather than metroid-like. I'm not a big fan of the soulslike genre, but I really like Ashen.

Ashen. The final boss and the ending.

Spoiler

BsdMhtr.jpg

Approaching the arena. It is not the first attempt.

O1WlnG3.jpg

Sissna, phase 2. The companion kept rolling, while the boss ran around in its spider form.

JUg4gn3.jpg

Sissna defeated.

IgVTKln.jpg

There is apparently only one ending - to become the Guardian of the Ashen (on the left).

• Like 1

Forget about Bhaal or Sarevok, the true God(dess) of Murder is Lara Croft:

iZiPAI7.jpg

AQJWKXi.jpg

I ain't even gonna lie, I'm generally not into the killing portions of these games, but when she rose out of the water with the flames behind her and vengeance in her eyes, I was thinking "Aww yeah, I'm about to murder the **** out of some fools!" And I did.

• Like 5

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks