Pictures of your games 12

Fighting this boss without cheese is a pretty sure-fire way to get killed. One hit takes off around 40% of my health as her attacks ignore armor entirely... This also means that having a thrall fight her is a really bad idea as she'd just rip through them.
440900_20190811005336_1.pngNothing that can't be fixed with a little bit of stun-locking though (and running around like a headless chicken to heal up/refill stamina ;))

And this is how most of the dungeon actually went: get boss to engage my thrall, stand back and shoot healing arrows (or Snake arrows if not dealing with undead), the Arena Champion is the only boss I actually fought myself...
440900_20190811010433_1.png

Exit Warmaker
440900_20190811010715_1.png

And got me a new sweet set of armour for a Thrall (over 1000 armour on this one ...)440900_20190811022301_1.png

Not sure but they might have overdone it on the items in this dungeon, aside from the recipes for the armour (which is really expensive, but hell, it's probably the best heavy armour in the game) I also got "The Worldbreaker" (what's in a name...) a warhammer that ignores all armour. It made my thrall just rip through these bosses like no-one's business since most of them have relatively low HP but massive amounts of armour...

• Like 1

Say "Hi" to the Avatar of Derketo:
440900_20190812132059_1.png

Sepermeru for scale:
440900_20190812132107_1.png

Bye bye *blows kiss*
440900_20190812132115_1.png

So long suckers, I'm outta here!
440900_20190812155810_1.png

(I did make a backup of my save before doing that)

I don't think talking about the "Leave the Exiles Lands" step is spoilers necessarily, but just in case:

Spoiler

Some interesting things of note: the endgame "cinematic" is...barebones. You literally walk off in the distance and then get thrown back to character creation.
Another interesting thing I noticed is that everything my character built was still there for the new character (but without anyone owning it), I'm not sure this is always the case (I was under the impression everything would get deleted) or if this is because I mucked around with Mikey's Toolbox to create multiple characters in my single player save. Either way if the intention is the create a clean save then "completing" the game doesn't appear to be the way to do it.

There's supposedly a major update coming out in September, curious what that's going to be. I'd mostly love more areas to explore but that seems unlikely as the devs have said the current map is already pushing the limits of the Unreal Engine.

Only thing I still have to do now is the climbing up high achievement. I'll probably see if I can't just climb the Volcano for that one.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 8/11/2019 at 4:01 AM, marelooke said:

Fighting this boss without cheese is a pretty sure-fire way to get killed. One hit takes off around 40% of my health as her attacks ignore armor entirely... This also means that having a thrall fight her is a really bad idea as she'd just rip through them.

not on official servers, though. a Tier 4 bearer has 9900 HP, Relic Hunter Treasure Seekers have around 7500 HP. you put a good set of armor on them, and they become invincible. I have yet to encounter a boss that can kill a Hunter in full Silent Legion armor. this dungeon was very easy for me, I didn't even have to kill anyone, my thrall wiped them all out (including the bone dragon and the shaleback king). 

in my experience thralls break the game completely, even the lower tier ones (named minibosses that have 1800 HP) are so OP at the start of the game, that it made me feel like playing an NPC to someone else's hero. and then there are pets that you don't even need to capture, just find pups/cubs (greater hyenas have 8000 HP and do around 100 damage), that can rip bosses apart.

a bunch of obligatory pics:
HMC2-LnWcks.jpg

JcC8cE-fGAQ.jpg

xPxzIsmcQ8Q.jpg

Edited by sorophx
  • Like 2
Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

8 hours ago, sorophx said:

not on official servers, though. a Tier 4 bearer has 9900 HP, Relic Hunter Treasure Seekers have around 7500 HP. you put a good set of armor on them, and they become invincible. I have yet to encounter a boss that can kill a Hunter in full Silent Legion armor. this dungeon was very easy for me, I didn't even have to kill anyone, my thrall wiped them all out (including the bone dragon and the shaleback king). 

in my experience thralls break the game completely, even the lower tier ones (named minibosses that have 1800 HP) are so OP at the start of the game, that it made me feel like playing an NPC to someone else's hero. and then there are pets that you don't even need to capture, just find pups/cubs (greater hyenas have 8000 HP and do around 100 damage), that can rip bosses apart.

You play on official? Not sure if I could stand that given my building urges... ;) I just dabbled on official to compare it to the latency on my own server.

Bearers do less damage than fighters though (didn't use to, but they got the nerfbat to the face once word about that got out), not sure whether their armour values got reduced, if they were then that extra HP might not count for as much (and even a naked NPC has some armour as that's what the multipliers work with). Generally speaking Thralls are the answer to every problem, if you can get them to actually fight as the AI is derpy as all hell. Haven't bothered with pets (got one from the cave my base is pretty much on top of), but they generally don't have a lot of armour and judging from what I've seen their AI is generally even worse than Thrall AI, so a Thrall with decent equipment will always outperform them (ofc, they're probably great early game, before you get access to all the good stuff), especially against armoured targets, I would imagine (so most humanoids).

Might go back and see how a Thrall fares against the Arena Champion. Fwiw, I was using a T3 Sepermeru (Relic Hunter) Thrall in full Silent Legion with the Doom hammer (and then the Worldbreaker, once that dropped). The Named minibosses that can be enthralled are considered T4 Thralls btw and, if not counting Purge thralls, they have the best stats for their faction (crafters craft faster, use less resources, and often get special recipes. Eg. white/black dye for Purge Alchemist)

Still, kinda proud of myself that I cleared most everything (until this dungeon), without using Thralls (eh, I did skip the dagger boss in the Dagon dungeon, that guy was just ridiculous). Wouldn't recommend it though and I might go back and see how much pain I could've saved myself by using a Thrall ;)

• Like 1
  • Gasp! 1

I guess, T3 thralls are significantly less powerful than their T4 counterparts, maybe that's why the Arena Champion felt like a wuss to me (she died in less than 30 seconds). I have two Treasure Seekers from the Unnamed City, one with the Annihilator, the other - with Sword of Crom. they shred everything in their path. made my Annihilator dude solo the Red Dragon and the Giant Snake in the Unnamed City today. snake got him down to 60% with its venom, but that was the closes I ever got to worrying. the Red Dragon wasn't even a challenge. 

I'm actually thinking of starting the game with a new character and getting through everything without thralls or pets. because otherwise the game basically plays itself.

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Ke4w552.jpg

i5SWrMd.jpg

0sTfgsq.jpg

I love the old skool faces in different states of bloody next to your health. Why did games stop doing that? It's so much better than red bar or screen turns more red as you get hurt.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Not mine, but I thought it was worth sharing anyways:

I have to say I am loving this whole trend of dubbing audio from Half-Life over other media.

• Thanks 1
“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

My Doggie Dragons: Dark Arisen character, Frundelstein:

DBD0XnW.jpg

One of the few games that lets you make a fat, bald, old man character. 👍

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks