Pictures of your games 12

^Yoga Fire spoiler below

I don't believe, though I could have just missed it or forgotten, anything like that dock scene ever happens again which I thought was a great disappointment.

Edited by ShadySands

Free games updated 3/4/21

My build is getting a bit out of hand, fitting it meaningfully in a screenshot has gotten rather hard.

Anyway, might be interesting to see how I go about building.

Spoiler

I don't usually have a plan, just an idea, which I then build using cheap T1 materials
440900_20190702170712_1.png

Once I'm happy with the result I start replacing the T1 stuff with whatever I intend to use for the final product, starting from the bottom up (so I don't waste a lot of expensive materials if I make a mistake and things come crashing down)
440900_20190702173935_1.png

So I ended up finishing the palace wing of my palace (at least the structure part, need to decorate rooms etc still.
440900_20190703223718_1.png

From the entrance to the end I built a big throne room:
440900_20190703224427_1.png

Dragon heads are kinda big, but I managed to fit one in the equally ridiculously big Map Room
440900_20190703224543_1.png

Overview including my initial base at the bottom of the arch, for scale. The palace I built is barely visible here (it's behind the Derketo temple, which is the yellow or green(*) light beam)
440900_20190703224114_1.png

I'd probably have to make a video of sorts to fit everything in without it feeling too disconnected or resulting in a truly ridiculous amount of screenshots...

In total there are 4300 T3 (Aquilonian) building blocks used in this (so far), of which 1181 are foundations (not counting all the Stonebrick for the ramps and the Sandstone Foundations used underneath to level out the terrain)

(*) yours truly is colourblind

Edited by marelooke
everyone likes numbers, right?
  • Like 6

34 minutes ago, Oner said:

A friend of mine is wondering how you gathered that much material?

I reduced building costs (other option is to increase gathering yield), mostly to avoid the gathering getting overly tedious.

Still this would be doable with "vanilla" settings, at least in a solo game. The location itself is really close to large amounts of Brimstone, as the croc cave and the other brimstone cave are pretty much right at the other side of the newbie river from here. There's Iron (and Coal, but barely using that anymore) there too, but not in such large amounts, so I tend to just "import" that from my tower near the Unnamed City (where iron is plentiful). Ichor is easy: just put down loads of fish traps and then keep the Fluid Presses going (gets large amounts of Oil too, so nice bonus there and the reason I barely use Coal anymore).

It's even easier now that the latest patch increased how much of certain things you can stack (Iron and Steel bars stack to 1000 now, I think), so dragging it from one base to the next isn't quite as tedious anymore.

Oh, and I'm a massive packrat, so unless I go somewhere for a very specific reason (read: bossfights) I run around in Light Armor, combined with the 10% carry weight bonus you can carry quite a lot so I tend to just keep going until I hit my encumbrance limit, then I either dump the heavy stuff in a chest to pick up later with a Bearer or return to a base to unload.

For gathering it makes rather a large difference which quality tools you use (the upgrade is also rather helpful) higher tier ones can gather quite large quantities rather quickly. If you bring a Bearer you can just unload to the thrall and keep gathering for quite a while.

EDIT: and I've been working on this for a while now, there's that as well, didn't exactly plunk this down over the weekend. ;) Judging by my screenshot folder I started half March.

Edited by marelooke
  • Like 3

That's a pretty badass fortress you built , marelooke, great job. I like the design on the floor/ceiling tiles of the Aquilonian set. With the set being heavily white colored, you could potentially build Minas Tirith out of it. 

• Thanks 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks