Pictures of your games 12

I've never played the Spellforce games. They're like a RPG/RTS hybrid?

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

2 hours ago, Keyrock said:

I've never played the Spellforce games. They're like a RPG/RTS hybrid?

Yes, the series is an RPG/RTS hybrid.

The first game Order of Dawn came out in 2003. In the aftermath of the Convocation (big, magic ritual through which individual mages of the Circle tried to attain unparalleled power) the world was torn asunder, with people stranded on isolated floating islands. The only surviving Circle mage, Rohen, tries to fix things, building portals to connect the islands etc. In his efforts he gives one of his rune warriors possession of their rune. Rune Warriors were soldiers in the war between mages, their soul bound to runes, giving the bearer of a rune control over the person.  The player was that Rune Warrior.  You leveled up RPG wise, combat or magic, and stats that govern effectiveness of ability and equipment you could use. You also had a rune board, which allowed you to control your own army of rune bound souls. Some strong souls would become your party members, and the races you could lead in the RTS part were also represented as runes.

For the RPG part you had a proper adventuring party of rune warriors. You could also zoom into over the shoulder third person, which was necessary for a handful of quests were you needed to find hidden switches for example. RTS was normal RTS with base building, upgrading units etc. The RTS part could get a bit weak when your party was strong enough, or on maps that started in "RPG Mode" until a trigger turned on the RTS part, allowing you to clear the map before enemies spawned units - of course you had to actually invest in the game to figure that out ;)

PC Gamer UK hated the game and found the story confusing, boring or plain bad. I found the person who wrote that article to be an idiot 😛

Spoiler

The story had an interesting twist at the very end, with time travel, that put into question player agency and which side you were fighting on.

Spellforce 1 had two stand alone expansions.

Breath of Winter had you playing a different Rune Warrior, also freed. The story was more mainstream fantasy, catering to the people who had not understood the first game. You tried to find the queen of the elves, who alone with her song could put an ancient dragon back to sleep. Gameplay wise it didn't really differ from the first game, but had new opponents and units. And it had the first non-human party members.

Shadow of the Phoenix allowed you to import a previous character, either from Order of Dawn or Breath of Winter, and tied the stories together.

For co-op skirmish heroes the game included an extremely high level quest giver who was a teaser for Spellforce 2.

Spellforce 2 was a bit of a spin off, the concept of Rune Warriors abandoned for the Shaikan, a human tribe that had entered a pact with an ancient dragon and gained power through its blood, pledging servitude in return. That said, while it changes who the player is, where their powers come from, it still behaved more or less like the original. I keep meaning to finish it and its three expansions, but it came out at the wrong time for me to play it then.

Spellforce 3 is the recent game. It is a prequel, playing in a time before the Circle of Mages even existed. You don't need to have played the other games, but it ties directly into the original game and its expansions, so people who have played those will, from a point in the game onward, have a more rewarding experience.

edit:

Fun fact: when I made a dual wielding rogue in Dragon Age, I was basically returning to my original Spellforce character.

Edited by melkathi
  • Thanks 2

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

2 hours ago, melkathi said:

Will there be strategically placed orgy spots on the walls, so guards on patrol don't miss out on their hourly orgy quota?

Naturally.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Trudging across the tundra:

znP28tS.jpg

Finally made it:

wNz8thb.jpg

Mining the forums for content :shifty::

BQxuEIg.jpg

I managed to reach the Black Keep:

v9Z27jK.jpg

However, at this point I was running out of water to drink and I was at my weight limit before becoming overencumbered, so it was time to head back. Since I have drop loot on death disabled, I decided to find out if lava merely damages you or insta-kills you, for science.

It insta-kills you. 

:lol:

• Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

7 hours ago, Melusina said:

LadyCrimson - is that Hamsterdam Demo? Is that demo from any other game showcased at E3. 

No, it's a mobile quest/idle-hero game called Castle Cats. Set quests and go idle or you can tap-combat it out for more loot/shorten time. It's a lot of casual fun. 180+ cats you can get, unique costumes/looks etc. If you love cats/collecting it's too cute/hilarious.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.pocapp.castlecats

Edited by LadyCrimson
  • Thanks 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

The Black Keep:

ah4m0Rl.jpg

This place is a bit of a labyrinth.

Gz0SnP5.jpg

oC70jf8.jpg

Plus it's filled with Silent Legion skeletal soldiers. These guys are the worst. I got much better at fighting them as I went along and I got lucky since a couple of them dropped a ton of spiced haunches, which is a very strong heal (what skeletons are doing with cooked, spiced meat is beyond me), but even so, every time they hit you you gain corruption, which you can see as the purple starting to take over my health and stamina bars.

I finally made it to the boss fight, The Kinscourge:

LXOF8pJ.jpg

He killed me the first time. It was a learning experience where I figured out his attack tells and patterns. He's quite slow, but he hits like a truck and has some attacks that cover a ton of distance. Luckily, I had dropped a bedroll right outside the entrance to the Black Keep, so I was able to quickly return and try again, especially since I now knew the layout. I got him on my second try, though it was a very lengthy, tough battle where I burned through almost all my healing, and I had a ton going in.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Neverwinter Nights 2: Mysteries of Westgate

Spoilers for the last part of the campaign.

Spoiler

20190616024815_1.thumb.jpg.e648f028b30980882ff57f130e352d41.jpg

20190616024937_1.thumb.jpg.84764b53836847d777f1de96ea9bcabb.jpg

The cut-scene did not start automatically and I was able to cast Blade Barrier. Orbakh ignored it during the dialogue.

20190616033923_1.thumb.jpg.ee47b695667973358d0ebc220f797f80.jpg

20190616034032_1.thumb.jpg.8788db5fd5dfb844444a2dd4cfaa044f.jpg

• Like 1

The cave that's almost underneath my main base that I only found like 200hours in... (is supposed to get an overhaul in the next content patch I heard):
440900_20190619011801_1.png

I started building my first base below a rock arch, now I've started building a palace on top of said arch and it turns out the beam from my Set shrine aligns almost perfectly with the main entryway. It is a sign from Set! Bring more prisoners, sacrifices need to be made!
440900_20190619012940_1.png
(and no, I really did not plan for this, at all)

The epic version of the Royal Lemurian Armor provides enough cold resistance (makes total sense, less clothing = more hotness, so more cold resistance...) to survive in the North, so I've been exploring around there. Explored east side and re-visited the Mounds of the Dead (this time I managed to get an acceptable framerate) and made it all the way North on the West end of the map (did not mess with the Frost giant place though, though I talked philosophy with one), after that I explored the center, ended up in the Black Keep (see Keyrock's screenshots ;) ) that I managed to clear in two goes (first attempt my weapon broke and I didn't have a spare, second time I had to resort to using a sword I looted to fight the boss as my Pike just wasn't working, really needed a shield for this guy) and then moved on exploring East, where I found these beauties, loads of them:
440900_20190619224228_1.png

Eventually ended up circling all around the edge on the East side and by accident found a way into the Volcano (fell down a ledge into a loading screen, which saved me...), I quickly started overheating (kinda didn't bring a heat resistance armor set as I didn't expect to go to the Volcano) but noticed the entrance I found was right across an obelisk, so I stripped down and made a beeline for it
440900_20190619225343_1.png

Then decided to mess with some NPCs fighting a boss, the combination of the Heatstroke and fighting tough NPCs kinda did me in so I got an express ticket home ;)

Edited by marelooke
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, ShadySands said:

Horseplayer detective?

Yeah, the tutorial/intro mission is you tailing another detective who owes money and the guy is a gambling addict who bets on horse races.

• Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸