Random Sales again

26 minutes ago, Skazz said:

Buy Majesty Gold HD, people!

I checked my library and what do you know, I actually own it! Even moar, I vaguely remember trying to play it too, but I had no idea what was happening and why and then I think some orcs came and bashed my tower in and I quit. 😠

• Hmmm 1

44 minutes ago, Skazz said:

At $2,49 the only reason not to buy it now is because it is too cheap and you are waiting for the sale to be over so you can buy it for more!

• Like 1

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

14 minutes ago, bugarup said:

I checked my library and what do you know, I actually own it! Even moar, I vaguely remember trying to play it too, but I had no idea what was happening and why and then I think some orcs came and bashed my tower in and I quit. 😠

Indeed, you must have been very confused. There are no orcs in Majesty.

The tutorial mission is the Bell, the Book, and the Candle.

• Like 1

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

12 minutes ago, melkathi said:

At $2,49 the only reason not to buy it now is because it is too cheap and you are waiting for the sale to be over so you can buy it for more!

I like the way you think!

Hell, I'm going to create another Steam account just so I can pay for it again... AT FULL PRICE!

Edited by Skazz

My Time At Portia is on Steam-sale for $12.  I'm half-interested in the game but not sure I want the grind these days. But for that price seems like a good time to check it out a bit or at least have it as rainy day material. Anyway if you were on the fence about it for ages like me, it's cheap right now. 

I'd buy it on GoG but one, it's not on sale there, and two, apparently they have mostly dropped supporting the GoG version months ago. 😕

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

1 hour ago, LadyCrimson said:

My Time At Portia is on Steam-sale for $12.  I'm half-interested in the game but not sure I want the grind these days. But for that price seems like a good time to check it out a bit or at least have it as rainy day material. Anyway if you were on the fence about it for ages like me, it's cheap right now. 

I'd buy it on GoG but one, it's not on sale there, and two, apparently they have mostly dropped supporting the GoG version months ago. 😕

It's available on Game Pass to try if you're still eligible for the $1 deal.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

7 hours ago, Skazz said:

I keep forgetting I have that on GOG

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

6 hours ago, LadyCrimson said:

It's kind of like "Stardew Valley" -- you want to grind, you can crack those spreadsheets open and do so, or you can water your patch of 15 turnips in a minute and go have fun in town. :biggrin: Environment's v. easy on eyes and fishing minigame better than in Valley IMO. Music's a bit bland though. 

I've been moving away GOG.  Didn't spend a dime on GOG, (but did grab all the free games.)  Have already used the $5 off $30 coupon on Steam for this sale... which, unfortunately, could be used only once.  (Tried to split my purchase into small $30 transactions, and the coupon only showed up once.)

I also have the Epic coupon but never used it, but I think the Epic coupon is also for a single-use only.  I wanted to use the Epic coupon for either TellTale's The Walking Dead: Final Season, Detroit: Become Human or Horizon: Zero Dawn, when I thought the three games would remain to be Epic exclusives on the PC.  However, all three games have just recently shown up on Steam, so I ain't gonna buy them on Epic when I can own them on Steam.

1 hour ago, ktchong said:

I also have the Epic coupon but never used it, but I think the Epic coupon is also for a single-use only.  I wanted to use the Epic coupon for either TellTale's The Walking Dead: Final Season, Detroit: Become Human or Horizon: Zero Dawn, when I thought the three games would remain to be Epic exclusives on the PC.  However, all three games have just recently shown up on Steam, so I ain't gonna buy them on Epic when I can own them on Steam.

The Epic Coupon is single use, but during the sale, every time you used it, you would get a new one. Also, it expires 1st of November.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, same here. Also self control though. But with Covid's effect on tourism, I'll be lucky if my total income for 2020 will reach four digits, so not spending money isn't hard.

• Sad 1

I considered buying the Baltic DLC for ETS2 but decided to wait for Iberia (and possibly a new video card or PC) instead. 50% off for a 1.5 year old expansion isn't great anyway, even if it is a historical low.

My Steam transaction history since the beginning of 2014 remains like this:

fs8XY34.png

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

A Forward looking replacement for the cancelled E3 trade event featuring informational discourse relating to prominent game software releases from the foremost publisher of entertainment software, Ubisoft (TM)(R). Get all your information on watching dogs, assassinating creeds and crying far in one convenient package and receive award winning Watch_Dogs(TM) 2 for free on Uplay! Due to unprecedented demand the free W_D2 offer has been extended, so anyone who missed out on the live event gets their chance. Thanks, Ubisoft!

ie basically a Ubi upcoming release event held a few days ago. You were meant to register beforehand to get W_D2 but the system was unsurprisingly- indeed, that was probably part of the PR strategy- swamped so the giveaway has been extended.

Edited by Zoraptor
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

• 2 weeks later...