Swkotor 3

As far as I know, making a new SW:KOTOR would be on Electronic Arts at this time.  They have the exclusive Star Wars license for video games.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Any hope I ever had for seeing KOTOR3 (or good RPG in SW universe) died with release of OldRepublic and later complete aquisition by EA. I am beyond caring for any project under EA's umbrella, and with Disnays lack of interest in gaming market it doesn't seem likely to change anytime soon.

• Like 1

KOTOR3 being done right became impossible when the actual BioWare got replaced by this doppelganger BioWare that EA has swapped in.

Having seen BioWare's latest games, I'm actually glad there is no KOTOR3 (even as one of the franchise's biggest fans) because it would probably be some half-baked shooter with zero story and just a bunch of "pay to upgrade" things attached.

• Thanks 1

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

10 hours ago, daven said:

What these guys said. Swtor is ehhhhh.. nowt special. But yeah I gave up caring about a 3rd game many years ago. Sometimes you have to just move on.

Yup. It's dead jim.

I held on hope for so long, but that died with the mmo. Likewise HL3 died for me when Laidlaw gave his intended ending and synopsis.

Feels weird to move on after so many years, but then you do and it all feels like a fond memory in the past.

• 2 weeks later...

If Disney ever lets other companies make a KOTOR then maybe Microsoft can swoop and let Obsidian do a KOTOR 3 (if they want) otherwise, chances aren't great.