I have Geforce 980ti and I'm running the game at 1080p, but only getting stuttering 50 FPS with highest settings at Port Maje Harbor where you pick up Xoti.

Is this normal? Does this game require 2080(ti) or something to run at 1080p at max settings?

Installing Special K to reduce threads at least made the GPU go from 80% to 100% for some added frames. Dropping Ambient Occlusion seems to be enough to get fairly solid 60. There are still random stutters every 15 seconds. Not sure what's the problem there since CPU usage is at ~50%, 16 gigs ram and game is installed on SSD.

Disabling Smart Camera so it's not constantly moving with the party makes the stuttering less jarring, but doesn't prevent it at all.

Extremely disappointing performance for such lackluster graphics.

I feel you, fam. I have higher FPS with Kingdom Come:Deliverance on Ultra High settings.

I'm getting as low as 30-40 FPS aaand tearing on top of it with 1080p 144Hz monitor, RTX2070 and i7-8700 rig.

EDIT: Not getting more than 80 FPS, in Deadlight/Neketaka as low as 30-40. Optimization out the door.

Edited by Queeg

If my post hasn't been edited yet, I'm still looking to find the error I made typing it.

22 hours ago, Bercon said:

I have Geforce 980ti and I'm running the game at 1080p, but only getting stuttering 50 FPS with highest settings at Port Maje Harbor where you pick up Xoti.

Is this normal? Does this game require 2080(ti) or something to run at 1080p at max settings?

Here's the deal - there's no gaming configuration that's able to run Deadfire at 60 FPS consistently. What makes the problem even worse is that the performance degrades over time.

As for the stuttering, it happens when the game loads new assets (this is clearly noticeable in Port Maje as the weather there changes frequently). When they talk to each other or address the player, NPC 'speech bubbles' also cause stuttering. However, this only happens the first time the game loads a specific asset during a session. The frequency of periodic 400-500 ms frametime spikes gets lower the longer you play.

Edited by Insolentius

40 minutes ago, Insolentius said:

there's no gaming configuration that's able to run Deadfire at 60 FPS consistently

Ha-hah. True. This is the most heavy benchmark ever. :grin:
I remember the times, when no gaming configuration was able to run Crysis 1 at 60 FPS, but graphics on Max settings was a real breakthrough. It was a hell of a years ago. And now we have a new leader - but who could ever imagined it will be isometric game with 2D backgrounds!

We a living in crazy times, man, crazy times... :teehee:

Edited by Phenomenum
  • Haha 3

What surprised me the most about Deadfire, that it has fps drops even when paused.  In older games like IE series or NWN, when PC had a poor performance in heavy combat scenes you can at least pause game and give commands normally, but in POE when I pause ship boarding I still need to click through menus with 15 fps. It is mind-boggling.

Edited by Daidre

I don't really see this on my system at home Windows 10 / EVGA 1070 / i7 ... every now and then I get a stutter, but mostly runs better than it did in the beginning for sure - then again I am not counting fps on my system either and of course every system is different.  Are you all on macs?  I couldn't really play PK or Deadfire on a Mac, even a new Mac Pro - the interface just felt so much clunkier than on PC.  My favorite with PK on a Mac was when the rendered background disappeared when not in full screen and just showed up as a red field ...

Edited by bringingyouthefuture
spelling error

“How do you 'accidentally' kill a nobleman in his own mansion?"

"With a knife in the chest. Or, rather, a pair of knives in the chest...”

The Final Empire, Mistborn Trilogy

• 1 year later...
3 hours ago, Boeroer said:

You mean after they learned German?

I mean any excuse to start learning German is a good excuse of course... ;)

Ha, I will just run this through Google Translate and I will understand everythi...

Hmm, well I guess I won't.

Maybe I will have to learn German after all.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Washfire said:

the likelihood that having a gpu in an insufficient bandwidth PCIe slot is so vanishingly low that the greater risk likely for the layperson is by opening up their PC they short some critical component.

Edited by thelee