Sharp_ones good bye

Chilloutman

So Sharp one send me an DM. I don't see anything wrong with content of it so I will fulfill his last wish:

Greetings to all forum members.

I would like to take this opportunity thanks to a fellow forum member to inform about the reasons for my absence and most probably say a final goodbye to all of you with whom I spend so much time engaging in great debates and meaningful exchange of views and opinions.

Thanks to the moderators I’ve been banned on New Year’s Eve for reasons that have never been revealed to me despite nearly 4 months that passed by. I’ve exchanged numerous private messages with the moderators and asked for clarification why the decision have been made. Unfortunately I’ve never received straightforward answer and explanation of the reasons behind this decision.

I can only assume that my firm stand on the values of free speech and freedom of expression have struck a nerve with the political agenda some of the members of moderators group developed in recent times.

Let this be a warning, as no one can know which long time member of this community will be victim of silencing inconvenient voices next. I won’t be pointing fingers on specific persons who contributed to silencing me, because it will serve no purpose. Besides, anyone who doesn’t fear to express his or her views here probably immediately knows of which people I’m talking about.

Instead I would like to thank you all for a lovely time that allowed me to expand my views and learn so much about you guys, your life in various countries around the world, your views and life experience. It was a fun ride while it lasted.

If this is my last opportunity I would like to say to you this. Always follow your dreams and goals whatever they might be and I hope your perseverance and good hearts will make your life worthwhile. Don’t let anyone or anything hold you down and may our paths cross again in our future endeavors.

Thank you guys and take care.

Sincerely,

Sharp_one

Happy to take warning hit for our ex-member. I believe anyone deserves to say good bye. I will miss you loonie. Trump or bust! xD

• Haha 1

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

I don't know why Sharp One was banned (or more accurately what it was the pushed him over the "ban" line). But considering some of the folks we've had around here he barely made it above half way on the S.O.B meter. AFAIK he never promised to kill anyone. That HAS happened. More than once. I remember a long time ago I PM'ed a guy my address and told him if he was feeling froggy just leap!

Anyway. All that aside a "sign off message" always rubs me the wrong way. We've had those before and it always strikes me as more than a little vain. But... it's still better than the sign off/tell off message. We've had those too! But they are usually worth a chuckle. 

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

32 minutes ago, algroth said:

I never hid the fact that I thought he was a fascist, bigoted prick, but following that martyr's speech I'm even more inclined to say "good riddance".

Well should I ever get banned, my farewell will be "see you space cowboy".

• Like 3

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

I had noticed the politics thread being more pleasant recently, now I see why.

I doubt the reason for the ban was not understood. This forum is pretty lax in the modernist (social & discourse) sense. Seems like the line was drawn at the right place, I'm honestly surprised the ban didn't come earlier.

27 minutes ago, injurai said:

I had noticed the politics thread being more pleasant recently, now I see why.

I doubt the reason for the ban was not understood. This forum is pretty lax in the modernist (social & discourse) sense. Seems like the line was drawn at the right place, I'm honestly surprised the ban didn't come earlier.

You should have been here 10-15 years ago. It used to get down right nasty.  

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

did he played me? xD

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

1 minute ago, TrueNeutral said:

I don't know. I was told to leave him to the global moderators...

I wouldn't be surprised if the globals just gave up on him and stopped approving his posts altogether.

... it's a globalist conspiracy!!!!

• Haha 1

201deanwormer.jpg7-02-01_20-43-02.jpg

Thomas Sowell

3 hours ago, Guard Dog said:

You should have been here 10-15 years ago. It used to get down right nasty.  

Or even as recently as 3 to 4 years ago, I’d be surprised if it DIDN’T get nasty in there at times during the 2016 campaign.

Anyhow, I did notice that he seemed to have stopped posting a bunch of months ago, though I still sW him login for a bit and then disappeared. 

gonna max shreck this one

and then out.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

OK Sharpie. it completely defeats the purpose of a "sign off" message if you are going to come in and react to what everyone is saying. That IS vain and more than a little. You're like the guy who faked his own death then attended the funeral  in disguise just to see what everyone said about him.  

• Like 2

Thomas Sowell

On 5/11/2019 at 3:46 PM, Chilloutman said:

did he played me? xD

Come on man, any time anyone on the Internet talks about why they were banned you can always assume it's a load of bull****. 😛

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

When Hades One left he came back as Sand. I think Sharp One should come back as Rain. It is our duty to keep the ancient customs alive.

• Haha 1
  • Hmmm 1

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

On 5/11/2019 at 8:24 PM, Guard Dog said:

OK Sharpie. it completely defeats the purpose of a "sign off" message if you are going to come in and react to what everyone is saying. That IS vain and more than a little. You're like the guy who faked his own death then attended the funeral  in disguise just to see what everyone said about him.  

Great. Now I want to read The Adventures of Tom Sawyer again.