I am wondering if we can get a simple dual-wielding vs two-handed analysis, now that turn-based mode is out of beta and we know it won't change any more?

For those that don't know, the basic change to the question of 2H vs DW, in turn-based mode, is that both weapons strike on standard attacks now, rather than only on special abilities that use Full Attack.

My immediate gut reaction on this topic is that surely DW must output a lot more damage than anything else, purely because of this change.  But, I'm not a mechanics expert, at all.

Thoughts?

Currently in RTWP, dual wielding has similar DPS with 2h on auto attacks. On Full Attack abilities, if your damage additive bonus is larger than around 80%, dw is better, otherwise 2h is better. So with legendary weapon + high might, dw is always better than 2h.

I guess the changes in TB makes this worse, so you are correct, DW >> 2H in TB.

Just now, Kirschkern said:

Thats why they introduced a -35% damage penatly to dualwield in turn based mode.

That's not true, the -35% penalty is already in RTWP. And with that penalty dw has very close autoattack dps with 2h. But the time to complete mainhand/offhand attacks is almost always longer than swing one hit with 2h (unless u have very very high dex and -recovery i guess). So TB DW is alwasy better in dps.

Actually, in one of my previous runs, my 2H Marauder(Assassin/Berserker) with Amra outDPSed my DW Votary(Helwalker/Bleak) with pistols. Now, it could have been the weapon choices and perhaps having similar weapon damage types might make the difference less notable, but the Marauder was at least 30k higher than the Votary. I'm sure in certain cases the opposite could be true, but I think in reality either one should work well in TB.

You are comparing AoE to single target dmg though. Marauder with Amra will have two parallel AoE effects going.

And dual pistols is a rather weak weapon setup to begin with. 

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods