17 hours ago, Decadency said:

Ah... that was a problem for me but Vic helped me a lot. First I though that split is a good idea but Vic said just to use Concelhaut hammers and Sliken. So it's easy to do it this way.

Also I wanted to ask. Is there any chance to stay with rest effects in SSS?

very cool with the hammers.  smart of Victor.  sliken also - very cool.  that is the thing with a mage/priest - there are so many potential options.

There is no way to preserve resting bonuses in SSS unless you do the cruel option in the closest area, but then you have to do that impossible challenge where you are an ironclad and cant use any abilities.   The other two areas force you to lose bonuses even if you make all skill checks.  I tried every possible option and made all checks, and no success keeping bonuses. 

Thanks Waski for the video.  Splitting them is a lot harder with Abydon's challenge, because I don't think you can tank them yourself.  I'm working on doing it with chanted skeletons.  I think I may have figured out how to do it in turn-based.  I may have had it in real-time, but I ran into performance issues that made it hard to select and direct my summons with perfect precision.  The problem with tanking with chanted skeletons in real-time is that the ooze sometimes kills them all and moves forward just a bit before the next one comes, and that adds up.  If I pillars 2 didn't seem to have buggy performance issues (maybe it is unity engine with my nvidia card), I could likely do it.

I thought I had the ooze taken care of.  My friend, testing with the same character, actually managed to kill the mega ooze without him splitting.  We thought it was the essence interrupter, but I can't duplicate it in my testing, so now I'm having to figure out how to win it.  I'm pretty confident that I'll get it.  I have one other back-up plan that may work if my current plan falls through, and if both don't work, I'll try to find a computer that runs Pillars 2 better and see if I can do the fight in real-time.

Edited by wildeyn00700

Bang!  It all worked!  I beat the mega-ooze.  Turn-based, splitting him up, worked out perfectly with initiative with 14 dex, carroc armor, and quick summoning.  I never had to take damage (stayed in stealth until finishing off first 1/4 ooze, then didn't need to go near the other gigantic ooze); came out of stealth to do a few hits with weapons to kill greater/lesser oozes that merge immediately if you don't kill them instantly.  I had chanter lighting but it didn't really matter.  I used chant skeletons but I don't think I actually needed them.  With initiative working just right, ancient weapons can fully tank and kill.  (Bow tanked a gigantc and massive, melee weapons killed on massive 1/4 ooze on the other side of the screen.) Vela was fine, down in the bottom left.  She tried to get into the action later in the fight, heh, but I kept the gigantic ooze far far away from her so it wouldn't get ideas about symbiote. 

This is still with testing, but that should be the last potential puzzle.  Just need to double-check the sigilmaster, and check the ending.  You can get unlimited withdraw scrolls from weak merchant ships, by the way.  Just a Dhow and double-bronzers and you can kill them 100% chance.  Just don't attack named captains; they like to try to board and/or escape which is a real pain.

Edited by wildeyn00700

2 hours ago, Decadency said:

Ok. It's day 48 and 20 hours. Just finished SSS (again :) ). Next steps will be getting scordeo's edge and killing Hauani and Dorudugan (Belranga is dead so I don't need to sail North West).

Keep it up!  31 days sounds like a huge amount.  You should have 10 days or more, to spare, no?

Yeah, Eotas challenge doesn't look so bad,  with my pathetic path on test run(Neketaka - Poko Kohara - Neketaka,  I really wanted  that boots)  I am in FS with 18days left. Only Auranic and SSS to do after. 

signature2jpg-SM2.jpg

6 hours ago, Decadency said:

Ok. It's day 48 and 20 hours. Just finished SSS (again :) ). Next steps will be getting scordeo's edge and killing Hauani and Dorudugan (Belranga is dead so I don't need to sail North West).

Hi Decadency, im the guy who told you about the Nemnok>Belranga>Ashen path on the Victors Twitch channel.

Did you manage to complete SSS without losing the temporal buffs?

And btw, just found the mother cheese of all cheese, you gonna laugh when you see it.

Edited by fuzelogic

1 hour ago, fuzelogic said:

Hi Decadency, im the guy who told you about the Nemnok>Belranga>Ashen path on the Victors Twitch channel.

Did you manage to complete SSS without losing the temporal buffs?

And btw, just found the mother cheese of all cheese, you gonna laugh when you see it.

Well I just forgot about Belranga that time :) thought I was smart that went to Nemnok and no need to come back anymore.

Nope. Lost my resting bonuses.

1 hour ago, Decadency said:

With Belranga?)

With any mob in the game.

I have an arsenal of tricks/meta-tricks like regaining all resources back in few seconds,  but this one renders any encounter into nothing.

Will only make it public after theres already 50 rewarded players, would not be fair to people who actually put effort and thinking into the challenge that a legion of no-life kids who can play 26 hours a day get rewarded instead of them.

Edited by fuzelogic

2 hours ago, Decadency said:

(Once I hit "quote" on this forum, I seem unable to delete that, if that is showing up on this reply from a post I started before but didn't bother with.)

Have you guys seen the Guardian of Ukaizo since they added mega-bosses?  He now gets a buff X4 for the 4 megabosses you have to kill before getting to him.  I think he is still just as beatable, but of course yet another time that I have to spend another couple of hours dinking away.  And I can't remember if the guardian heals himself, which could be a major problem for me.  We'll see how it goes.  I'm fighting him now and got him away far away from vela and killed the starting animats, and I'm in stealth, but it will take a long time to actually kill him, so I'll take a break and come back to it.

+9 Accuracy (X4)

+9 All Defenses (X4)

+1 AR (X4)

x1.25 Damage (X4)

x1.25 Healing (4)

+1315 Max Health (X4)

+1 Pen (X4)

This will put his armor at 20 general, 17 for crushing and lightning, higher for pierce, immune to corrosion.  His deflection is still low, at 105.  His other defenses are quite high - 155 refl, 165 will, and 201 for fort.

Edited by wildeyn00700

1 hour ago, fuzelogic said:

I have an arsenal of tricks/meta-tricks like regaining all resources back in few seconds,  but this one renders any encounter into nothing.

Will only make it public after theres already 50 rewarded players, would not be fair to people who actually put effort and thinking into the challenge that a legion of no-life kids who can play 26 hours a day get rewarded instead of them.

I'm glad to know more tricks and tips, and it will be interesting to check out Arcane Reflection, but I don't see how it makes Ultimate into something trivial, by a long shot.  It may be me who is not seeing it, but as far as I can tell, you still have to get a mage up to lvl 16, and protect Vela in every fight, plus have brilliant going, presumably with wall of draining and/or salvation of time, at which point fights are already mostly trivial.

2 hours ago, fuzelogic said:

Don't tell me you just "discovered" that you can carry brilliant from cloak after the fight? Or how too abuse rakhan boots to trigger brilliant? 

ie: guardian, between devotions of faithful,  perception buff, acc from scordeo and mythic sun and moon there should be 3 decent rolls to connect with sacrifice from marux amanth,  of course you have to get him to near death first. 

Edited by Waski

signature2jpg-SM2.jpg

1 hour ago, Waski said:

Don't tell me you just "discovered" that you can carry brilliant from cloak after the fight? Or how too abuse rakhan boots to trigger brilliant? 

ie: guardian, between devotions of faithful,  perception buff, acc from scordeo and mythic sun and moon there should be 3 decent rolls to connect with sacrifice from marux amanth,  of course you have to get him to near death first. 

Rakhan boots?  from skipping ahead?  you can abuse the no quarter ability?  or something else? 

This thread is over the post limit.  New thread created here:

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man