31 minutes ago, Nail said:

I hope to invest some time into this in near future!

Read the entire thread and I must admit - you've done really impressive job so far.

As I understand the main issue is Eothas challenge and some time management should occur.

Nice to see another Ultimate player from Kiev = )

• Thanks 1

I just learned that Lethandria's Devotion does an instant healing tick as soon as you switch to it.

Black Jacket/something for instant 0-recovery switching, healing you and Vela up in no time? Sounds nice...

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

15 hours ago, Nail said:

I hope to invest some time into this in near future!

Read the entire thread and I must admit - you've done really impressive job so far.

As I understand the main issue is Eothas challenge and some time management should occur.

Welcome, Nail.  and Grats on doing Ultimate in Pillars 1. 

Regarding what you said about the Eothas challenge: I'd say that Hylea's challenge (Vela) is the most defining challenge, and probably most would agree with me on that.  Also, Abydon's (weapons and armor breaking FAST, literally disappearing or becoming fully useless WITHIN a fight, rendering weapons and armor almost completely useless*, along with any builds that rely on them).  And then the challenge that turns per-encounter resources into per-rest (especially combined with Eothas).  Together, those 3 challenges are what eliminate nearly all class combos from being useful.  The other challenges, unless I am forgetting one, are mostly unimportant, at least as far as whether a build can work.  The Wael challenge is a big deal in a different way, but that one is about player knowledge rather than about what build you use.

*Weapons with abilities that are used for the ability, like Scordeos, Essence Interrupter, Effigy's Husk, or any Crossbow used to interrupt a key enemy abilities, are not useless.  Or armor to protect you a little bit from a few hits in a combat isn't useless. You just can't rely on weapons to do damage, or shields and armor to let you tank a long fight.  You need summoned priest weapons, unarmed strikes, spells, or summoned creatures to do damage, as far as I am aware.

Victor's (Raven Darkholme here) videos on his Twitch and Youtube have been a sort of rallying point for most of us here, as far as I can tell.  He's done some great testing and theorycrafting, including discussion with several others on this thread in his streaming chat, starting about 2 months ago.  Recently, he's been finding new and creative ways to die unnecessarily, because he just loves re-doing Port Maje and Neketaka... (j/k Victor - you've been great and much appreciated)

Edited by wildeyn00700
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Guys, does anybody have any insight or advice on completing the game after you'd done the Maw (and after cleaning up the DLCs and mega-bosses).  I've only done that once or twice, and over a year ago, and only with the Principi.  I'm thinking of just making sure I can make the diplomacy check with the undead ship (in the past I just did the fight but it would kill Vela with my build, for sure, in Ultimate), and using that to go to Ukaizo.  Can the sidequests be skipped, like the ones for the Vailians and Ruatains (the ones with that corrupted forest witch and the other one with the desert big ironclad guy)?  Is there an endgame path that is known to be preferred and/or simple and safest for Ultimate?  Or is there anything in particular I should know or look out for?  Is some other faction better to do?

Edited by wildeyn00700

1 hour ago, wildeyn00700 said:

Guys, does anybody have any insight or advice on completing the game after you'd done the Maw (and after cleaning up the DLCs and mega-bosses).  I've only done that once or twice, and over a year ago, and only with the Principi.  I'm thinking of just making sure I can make the diplomacy check with the undead ship (in the past I just did the fight but it would kill Vela with my build, for sure, in Ultimate), and using that to go to Ukaizo.  Can the sidequests be skipped, like the ones for the Vailians and Ruatains (the ones with that corrupted forest witch and the other one with the desert big ironclad guy)?  Is there an endgame path that is known to be preferred and/or simple and safest for Ultimate?  Or is there anything in particular I should know or look out for?  Is some other faction better to do?

I think that Principi quest is the easiest. Also priest builds need Scordeo's edge so there's no other option. After helping Aeldys and learning how to summon the ship I'd stay with the Voyager and summon the Ghost Ship right before going to Forgotten Sanctum (to start the quest).

14 minutes ago, Decadency said:

After helping Aeldys and learning how to summon the ship I'd stay with the Voyager and summon the Ghost Ship right before going to Forgotten Sanctum (to start the quest).

You don't have to,  after the big wave event just go inside and Lengrath and Tyan will be there.  

signature2jpg-SM2.jpg

5 minutes ago, Waski said:

You don't have to,  after the big wave event just go inside and Lengrath and Tyan will be there.  

I mean Llengrath comes to your ship after you've got a ship to travel to Ukaizo.

3 hours ago, Decadency said:

I think that Principi quest is the easiest. Also priest builds need Scordeo's edge so there's no other option. After helping Aeldys and learning how to summon the ship I'd stay with the Voyager and summon the Ghost Ship right before going to Forgotten Sanctum (to start the quest).

Thanks.  And, yeah, the as Waski said, you can start the FS quest by just going there, unless you know of an advantage to having Llengrath come and do that scripted event on the dragon.  Ok, I'll do Principi and see how that goes.  By the way, not that it matters, but I have to assume you can get Scordeo's edge without using Principi for the final Ukaizo quest, although I don't know that for certain.

50 minutes ago, Franz said:

Hello everybody ;)

Please, tell me for my mistake - I see only "?" symbols in character/other appearance. Why?

New game with official patch 5.0 and the Ultimate charge

2019-07-12.jpg

Weal challenge. 

signature2jpg-SM2.jpg

On 7/7/2019 at 12:54 PM, Waski said:

Got bored (landline broken-no "Stranger Things" for me) so I started test run (without Weal). Went with bm/skaen aumaua/raider 
Maje(max mech/hylea bounty/adra potion)->Meryel(she walks fastest, lure her out with traps)->Sandswept(4800xp)->Deadlight->Dunnage(Irwena)->Neketaka(retrain in gullet for max stealth/spechulars done/stole everything that wasn't bolted to the floor/ every drop of xp, even hire Rust to kill Spindle-1200xp bestiary/kept effigy husk and bought mantle 7 bolts and skuldr ear(!)->new ship->Hasongo(reptile blood!)->Beina->Dunnage->Crookspur(free wahaki/kill Dhwrgas)->Sayuka(half cpt banquet)->Ori o Koiki(brutish blood!- enchant effigy for AoE)->sayuka(captain banquet)->Bekarna(cape and rest)->Onadere->Ikorno->Vessali 

all bounties were done from stealth with kamikaze phantom (effigy&7bolts)
I tried to do Poko Kohara (lv15) but culdn't

went Tikawara(natures resolve)->Nekataka->lv17 :)(giant grub, water dragon), killed Arkemyr(still brilliant from cape after dragon fight, attack first ironclad and only corridor agrro then send spirit ally for spell target practice for Arkemyr)

19 days till Ashen Maw. Ideally (I think) next Poko Kohara->Concelhaut->Nemnok->Belranga->Ashen Maw (I would have north covered, Auranic last) but I have doubts that I can kill Belranga pre lv19 (no wall of draining), rest should be easy with cape and arkemyr departure.

I don't think I will have will to practice all fights with notes and stopwatch and do Ultimate so maybe it can help somebody.

Edit.  Just realised that while replaying post Crookspur to figure out how to get cpt banquet I forgot to take master navigator  so it should be faster than 19 days till Ashen Maw 

A couple of questions:

When you say "19 days until Ashen Maw," you mean that you've played for 5, plus 25, then 6 days, or something like that, and have to complete Ashen Maw within 19 days, right? In other words, 19 + 25 total days left? (meaning that you've used about 36 days?)  When I first read this, I thought you were saying that you had done all of this and reached lvl 17 in 19 days, but now I can see I pretty obviously misread it. 

Is there anything hidden to know about in Sandswept to get all 4800 exp, or is is just a matter of disarming the traps until the end of that long stretch (skipping the hard no-exp ones)?

I really like that post of yours; it helps give me a reference point plus some good potential ideas of where to go, or what to try to improve on.  Also, lol, after reading this post I started watching Stranger Things for the first time and I like it a lot.  Finished the 1st season 😃  The kids in it were born approx the same year that I was, and also gamers.  Very cool.  I wish I had a group like that growing up.

Edited by wildeyn00700

6 hours ago, Waski said:

Yes,  what I meant it's Lengrath visit isn't obligatory to start FS, just big wave and you can go there. 

The Wave? I've got no idea about it ><

Btw guys. What do you think about the Grave Bound skill from Grave's Calling in addition to Scordeo's Edge?

Yeah,  it's 19 days to reach Ashen Maw,  so 44 to finish.  I did 1st Flaune quest and went straight there (killed Concelhaut's on the way).  42 days left when  in throne room. Level 19(so almost complete engine - cloak,  SoT, and wall of draining, only rakhan boots are missing) , by something like 3k exp so sandswept ruins were useful (Meryel not so much and it's little hairy because she can one shot Vela with divine mark if you won't withdraw her). In sandswept it just traps,  you need 11 mechanic,  no more because after a while traps stops giving exp. 

signature2jpg-SM2.jpg

3 minutes ago, Waski said:

Yeah,  it's 19 days to reach Ashen Maw,  so 44 to finish.  I did 1st Flaune quest and went straight there (killed Concelhaut's on the way).  42 days left when  in throne room. Level 19(so almost complete engine - cloak,  SoT, and wall of draining, only rakhan boots are missing) , by something like 3k exp so sandswept ruins were useful (Meryel not so much and it's little hairy because she can one shot Vela with divine mark if you won't withdraw her). In sandswept it just traps,  you need 11 mechanic,  no more because after a while traps stops giving exp. 

1st flaune quest?  what is that?

5 minutes ago, Decadency said:

The Wave? I've got no idea about it ><

Btw guys. What do you think about the Grave Bound skill from Grave's Calling in addition to Scordeo's Edge?

So, you spell up with it on a summon, and then head into combat dwielding?  Then try to convert hits to crits.  The main question would probably be whether it makes a real difference in any specific fight you have in mind.  Cool potential idea, though.

5 minutes ago, Decadency said:

Animancer's tower. Souls Collector fight.

ah.  It will be interesting to see how my exp run goes.  I'm mapping out my exp path for the first time.  Lvl 19 is big for my char to reach to be able to do the serious fights.  Flaune I did at lvl 11.  Just did the Cavern Crawler at lvl 12.   Skipped the Sandswept ruins, so I'll see if that can be skipped or if I'll end up needing it.  I killed the adra ooze and such.  Random fact about killing the panthers in the dig site, which I did.  I got several fangs, which are used for withdraw scrolls.  I believe that you do get a bunch of fangs later, but I can't remember where.  I haven't seen them for sale this game in Periki's.

Regarding Meryel, I assume that the reason to kill her is to unlock the next bounties from that bounty-person, in addition to the 1000 exp.

Edited by wildeyn00700

4 minutes ago, wildeyn00700 said:

So, you spell up with it on a summon, and then head into combat dwielding?  Then try to convert hits to crits.  The main question would probably be whether it makes a real difference in any specific fight you have in mind.  Cool potential idea, though.

I think it's cool to use it vs Hauani O Whe if it works on it. Maybe Belranga too.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, wildeyn00700 said:

Regarding Meryel, I assume that the reason to kill her is to unlock the next bounties from that bounty-person, in addition to the 1000 exp

In the test run I didn't do any other bounties from Abocco.  Only Beina and Vessali from Nungata and Dhgrwas, Onadere and Ikorno from other lady. 

signature2jpg-SM2.jpg

1 hour ago, Franz said:

What reveal numbers in Wael Challenge? Up Historycal? Or other stats?

Nothing,  you woke up in the beach and only thing you know is that you have to kill Strelok. Ups,  chase Eotas I mean. 

signature2jpg-SM2.jpg