7 hours ago, baldurs_gate_2 said:

Auranic is not really a problem. She has a limited amount of spells. The pillars are the real threat. In my monk playthrough, the helm that should have made me immune to resolve afflictions, did not work properly and i got terrified and to get 18x will is not so easy (possible with a monk). Question is, to eat the right food and to hope that effigy husk and immune to might afflictions work, because the two mobs there use charge and one pillar uses tayn's orb.

The main problem for me is the cleansing pillars. It'd be easy without it.

3 hours ago, Decadency said:

The main problem for me is the cleansing pillars. It'd be easy without it.

Shadowing Beyond just before it opens and you're safe. Maybe Arkemyr Brilliant Departure will work too.

signature2jpg-SM2.jpg

Just don't damage Sigilmaster until you destroyed at least the cleansing pillar (preferably all pillars), slicken and draining wall her and as Waski said go invis (then go out of sight and either cast an aoe like freezing pillar or just send summons).

Oh also sorry for double post, almost forgot, since I haven't played in a while:

With Bloodmage you can extend Arkemyr's Departure ith Draining Walls/SoT and you can cast any non damaging spells while Invis, including summons/CC like Slicken.

1 hour ago, Decadency said:

Btw... Do you really need to sail to Fort Deadlight after killing Benweth to get Scordeo's Edge?

If you kill him, yes, not sure where you get it if you ahve to rescue Aeldys tho, but that's kinda risky I guess.

Well I failed my run at level 17. Made a mistake on a fight with a Watershapers guild dragon. Killed a fire dragon before. Anyway I really like Priest/Bloodmage so I started the same class run.

Edited by Decadency
  • Sad 1

On 6/14/2019 at 1:34 AM, thelee said:

By the way, the stealth mechanic is really underrated and way better than in PoE1. The simple yet consistent rules for sound generation and enemy positioning allows for some real emergent gameplay. Hanging sepulchers was my first major stealth headache, and it took probably like 20-30 attempts on my practice character before I pieced together the noises made from traps and scrolls to give me a consistent (if extremely challenging to pull off) way to get one of the eulogies. It was real satisfying to get it to click. For the curious, I recorded my practice character for my own reference since it was really hard to write it all down with specific positioning:

Yeah I also stealthed this. Here's my option:

48 minutes ago, Decadency said:

Well I failed my run at level 17. Made a mistake on a fight with a Watershapers guild dragon. Killed a fire dragon before. Anyway I really like Priest/Bloodmage so I started the same class run.

I'm thinking a separate thread should be started to memorialize the honorable dead.  I have a feeling we're going to be seeing quite a few of these posts before somebody reaches the finish line.

1 hour ago, Decadency said:

Yeah I also stealthed this. Here's my option:

Yeah, the ghost is a problem, he teleports you. With a lvl 13 monk you don't really need to stealth that, but i have to try it first on a non Trial of Iron run, how you can prevent vela from dying there.

5 hours ago, baldurs_gate_2 said:

Yeah, the ghost is a problem, he teleports you. With a lvl 13 monk you don't really need to stealth that, but i have to try it first on a non Trial of Iron run, how you can prevent vela from dying there.

Turn on  blade turning and ghost will teleport just himself. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

signature2jpg-SM2.jpg

Just wanted to give a quick show of support here from an observer. Those stealth runs look awesome, and seeing the overall builds/creativity employed to tackle this insane challenge is very entertaining. Good luck to all those actively working on it! If I didn't have a baby to take care of, I'd have joined in myself. :)

• Like 1

Not in these forums. Sadly I can't add any builds atm because the forum doesn't let me edit my own posts that are older than 8 days or so - thus renderng me helpless when it comes to adding something to the build list. You can write a PM to @SChin maybe - if you think that "feature" should be changed. :)

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

On 6/6/2019 at 2:27 PM, Waski said:

There is over 3k in traps  if I remember correctly at sandswept ruins. 

On 6/13/2019 at 12:32 AM, baldurs_gate_2 said:

Sandswept ruins are pretty nice after fort deadlight. It does net you 8k+ experience for disarming the ones you can. If you have the leap boots from FD, you can jump over the last ones and get even more (some traps do not give any xp - mostly they you can not disarm).

FYI - I was attempting some non-ashen maw pathing today and sandswept ruins is frankly a deadend. i actually don't understand how people are getting 3 to 8k in experience there unless you've been avoiding all traps throughout the game. I figured out in the process that there's some sort of "max trap disarming" experience and my character is hitting it after only like 1k of experience. coupled with the fact that it's like a 6-day detour (that I have to repeat to do dorudugan) and it's a non-starter for my run.

I sailed there after fort deadlight and i get 310 - 370 xp each trap. You don't need leap boots, but thief's putty to disarm the ones you want.

The first two rows of traps always give you xp, then it stops and the three after the 14ish "locked" traps net you again 310-370 xp, so i don't know why it stops all of a sudden and then you get xp again.

Edited by baldurs_gate_2

4 minutes ago, baldurs_gate_2 said:

I sailed there after fort deadlight and i get 310 - 370 xp each trap. You don't need leap boots, but thief's putty to disarm the ones you want.

The first two rows of traps always give you xp, then it stops and the three after the 14ish "locked" traps net you again 310-370 xp, so i don't know why it stops all of a sudden and then you get xp again.

i was definitely not getting 310-370 xp per trap, more like 30-40 xp. when did you attempt this? what was your mechanics?

8 minutes ago, thelee said:

i was definitely not getting 310-370 xp per trap, more like 30-40 xp. when did you attempt this? what was your mechanics?

Port Maje ---> Deadlight ---> Sandswept

So Level 6, with hylea's food, hunter background and thief's putty i had 10 or 11 mechanics there.