1 hour ago, Boeroer said:

The problem is that she basically runs into enemies all the time while terrified. If she would just crouch down and stay there it wouldn't be too bad.

Interesting... No way to clear Terrify with Resolve Inspiration?

No, it's a "non-affliction" terrify that doesn't follow the usual rules. It's just her behavior - like most NPCs in cities etc have when a fight starts. At the same time she wants to follow you.

Using withdraw seems to be the only reliable way to deal with her nonsensical behavior. That's why priest is so popular atm with The Ultimate.

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

The fear can actually be used to your advantage.

The trick is to get her feared far away from the enemies "spawn point" - the point they return to when they lose sight of you.

Most effective way to achieve this is to cc her where you want her lead the enemies to her and then away from her again.

You might have to withdraw her, but here comes the positive about her fear effect, you never need to withdraw her more than once, so non priest classes without an actual withdraw are also fine with using scrolls, since you don't need more than one per fight as long as you fight out of line of sight of Vela her fear will stop her from following you.

(if she's behind a door you can even close it on her, usually she would open it like the spoiled brat she is, but not in her fear)

The reason why I personally think priest is the strongest multiclass option for not only this challenge but in general is the combo of brilliant (shroud of likeness) and Salvation of Time.

A singleclass like Monk MIGHT still be better offensive (especially if you count prebuffing time to the time an actual fight takes) but the SoT abuse is really strong for the dlcs since Brilliant, Blade Cascade, Conduit and ANY item effects prolonged by SoT will carry over after combat ends as long as the duration doesn't run out, so a monk will definitely need to be  a lot more careful in the dlcs compared to priest multiclasses.

Also keep in mind while a priest mc might take forever to get brilliant before a boss fight, there is no real risk involved in that so it doesn't actually matter if the fight takes longer overall, killing the actual boss with blade cascade and Conduit will never take more than 2 minutes.

A little update on the chanter btw:

Invocation type self buffs like Their Champion braved the horde alone extended by SoT will, much like item effects, carry over after combat end.

For those who missed the stream the other day: Totally against my expectations chants like Ancient memory and Old Siec can be extended by SoT too, so a chanter/priest can have ALL buff chants active at the same time.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Raven Darkholme said:

The fear can actually be used to your advantage.

The trick is to get her feared far away from the enemies "spawn point" - the point they return to when they lose sight of you.

Most effective way to achieve this is to cc her where you want her lead the enemies to her and then away from her again.

You might have to withdraw her, but here comes the positive about her fear effect, you never need to withdraw her more than once, so non priest classes without an actual withdraw are also fine with using scrolls, since you don't need more than one per fight as long as you fight out of line of sight of Vela her fear will stop her from following you.

(if she's behind a door you can even close it on her, usually she would open it like the spoiled brat she is, but not in her fear)

The reason why I personally think priest is the strongest multiclass option for not only this challenge but in general is the combo of brilliant (shroud of likeness) and Salvation of Time.

A singleclass like Monk MIGHT still be better offensive (especially if you count prebuffing time to the time an actual fight takes) but the SoT abuse is really strong for the dlcs since Brilliant, Blade Cascade, Conduit and ANY item effects prolonged by SoT will carry over after combat ends as long as the duration doesn't run out, so a monk will definitely need to be  a lot more careful in the dlcs compared to priest multiclasses.

Also keep in mind while a priest mc might take forever to get brilliant before a boss fight, there is no real risk involved in that so it doesn't actually matter if the fight takes longer overall, killing the actual boss with blade cascade and Conduit will never take more than 2 minutes.

Depends on the class with the CC. A priest can easily hold her, but a SC Monk can only throw a sparkcracker, whom she always follow and lure the enemies then.

5 hours ago, baldurs_gate_2 said:

Depends on the class with the CC. A priest can easily hold her, but a SC Monk can only throw a sparkcracker, whom she always follow and lure the enemies then.

Scrolls?

Maybe i try that.

I could pump up the travelspeed to 88, without the 5% hull tho. There is a master navigator in crookspur, whom you could recruit through the merchant on the beach. But you need the principi colors from dereo to sail through the crookspur slaver ships.  With a voyager you could get 10% more speed out of it i think.

Max travel speed is 95. (with Voyager).

Going to Crookspur is not a problem (did it on one of my Ultimate attempts the other day).

There's less slaver ships than used to be and even if there was more as long as you're not carrying too much copper (I only sell as many items as I need to) surrendering is almost free and if you go into naval combat screen and immediately surrender you also get 1 xp for the crew.

• Like 1

How strict is Obsidian on unintentional bugs?

Example: I currently have "Untouchable" (immunity to CON afflictions) and "Death and Taxes" (Hardy inspiration for 60 sec) on my (Non-Ultimate) playthrough even if Bardatto's Luxury is not equipped. Nice free stuff for me, but I can't get rid of it.

Would be hard if you get disqualified for something like that.

We don't even know if bugs disqualify for certain, "not in the spirit of the challenge" is actually quite vague.

I forgot to ask Josh when he was in my stream the other day but if he ever comes there again I will ask for sure about the unintentional bugs.

As to getting rid of the item buffs, can't you rest to lose them? Have you tried reequipping and unequipping again?

Edited by Raven Darkholme

17 minutes ago, Raven Darkholme said:

We don't even know if bugs disqualify for certain, "not in the spirit of the challenge" is actually quite vague.

I forgot to ask Josh when he was in my stream the other day but if he ever comes there again I will ask for sure about the unintentional bugs.

As to getting rid of the item buffs, can't you rest to lose them? Have you tried reequipping and unequipping again?

If you are on a no rest strategy "rest to lose the bug" is a "start a new run" answer

In my opinion its unfortunately, but if a run with such a bug qualified, it would be stupid to check the replay.

1 hour ago, Raven Darkholme said:

No, resting and reequiping + uneqiping doesn't remove these ... I probably could remove them with the Unity Console. Not a big deal as this is not a Ultimate run, but it would be nice to clarify this.

Josh said today bugs are Obsidians responsibility and won't disqualify you.

The whole "spirit of the challenge" seems to be mostly insurance against people trying to exploit every loophole possible.

• Thanks 2