Hm, apparently you can change the name they will display on the board:

"if you submit a successful run with a character name we don't like (our discretion, zero guidelines or explanations given), we'll ask you to change it. if you're surly or uncooperative about it, we'll disqualify you."

Either way if I get disqualed for something silly like that I don't really care.

That being said I somewhat doubt this will be a sucess on first try, next char will get a "more appropriate" name, thanks for bringing this to attention. :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Boeroer said:

Stuff like "Donald Trump" will def. get you disqualified given Josh's political alignment. ;)

The recomendation was to pick the usual "boring" fantasy name.

Inb4, something like Merlania.

P.S. No offence, just giggles)

Edited by MaxQuest
  • Haha 1

Our first death sadly happened on day 1, but the second attempt is still alive and done with Neketaka.

(Sorry for the late youtube uploads but it's a lot of videos to upload, but there is also twitch archives for the impatient ones that aren't watching live. :))

Don't you have Dazzling Lights in a grimoire or so? I mean for luring enemies away. Why are you wasting precious Sparkcrackers? :)

Those work on neutral/friendly NPCs. Dazzling Lights works the same  - but only on hostile NPCs.

You can chain-cast Dazzling Lights out of combat. Cast one, let the enemies run, follow them, caat another one farther away, then retreat and sneak around the corner.

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Don't think so, but you can cast 2 Dazzling Lights and then use Blood Sacrifice next time - I mean if you run out of Sparkcrackers or like in the video where the enemies come too near: just cast Dazzling Lights away from you to stop them from bumping into you.

• Like 1

@Raven Darkholme: just saw your twitch stream with the Phantom in Sayuka. If you give your Phantom Concelhaut's Draining Touch (summon it, then the phantom) it will not go away after one hit and the phantm will:

a) leech health and thus stay longer
b) do pretty good damage corrode (Draining Touch has very high base dmg)
c) target Will instead of Deflection
d) Weaken the target occasionally

It's pretty good against high fortitude enemies that have lowish will (like beasts etc.)

Hi,

what is it with Steel Garrote/Priest of Woedica? (or Skaen)

My theory: resolve max with lone wanderer and void ward---> sacred immolation---> trigger brilliant cloack---> barrings death door and salvation---> repeat then go fight with sacred immolation (trigger and trigger brilliant when fight) 
U can afflict the enemy with the Woeduca spell and heal u with sacred immolation (steel garotte ability)
What do you think?

Edited by abstrack

Does Mind over Matter trigger from SI's self damage? don't think so. I believe it only triggers from damage that goes through attack resolution. Else Alacrity, Berserker Frenzy or Blood Sacrifice would trigger it as well.

Edited by Boeroer

It looks for me that you have to have health too to receive dmg, so no  hanging on 1hp  with BDD waiting to trigger.  On the plus side enduring dance doesn't stop when you are BDD /1hp and getting hit.  Tested it when I gave Xoti run  against  Dorudugan.  

• Like 1

signature2jpg-SM2.jpg

2 hours ago, lorddarkflare said:

How annoying is the Wael debuff during these runs?

I don't know about anyone else, but doing these runs kinda requires you to have lots of metagaming knowledge, and at least for myself i'm doing rehearsal runs with a different character for each "chunk" of my main run. so in practice, it doesn't add much annoyance, just extra precaution. (though i haven't watched raven/victorcreed's stream much so don't know if they are doing ship-to-ship battles. i am explicitly avoding them because i think with wael it's basically a severe game of russian roulette. i imagine if you actually do want to do them or get caught in them, wael debuff would be extremely annoying)

Edited by thelee

You can’t heal from sacred immolation as steel garrote, that life draining only works on melee weapon attacks.

There is an amulet that let fire godlike heal from fire-keyword attacks, but it’s ****ing bugged and not work at all.

Edited by dunehunter

So from what I've seen, the initial challenge is getting past the Maje stealth sections at level 3/4 or less on any multiclass combo. (doable with good micro/pumping stealth early)

The second is getting to level 13+ ASAP from non-combat quests. (doable with the right quest order and avoiding ship battles)

The third is making a broken build at 13+ that has high defenses and can handle long fights (so, tactician/skaen, chanter/something, or SC monk, or something I haven't thought of yet)

The fourth is getting past the sticky parts (FS/BW with minimal rests, megabosses)

Following this, I've personally made it to midgame, but I've always ended up making some dumb mistake.

15 minutes ago, Yougottawanna said:

So from what I've seen, the initial challenge is getting past the Maje stealth sections at level 3/4 or less on any multiclass combo. (doable with good micro/pumping stealth early)

The second is getting to level 13+ ASAP from non-combat quests. (doable with the right quest order and avoiding ship battles)

The third is making a broken build at 13+ that has high defenses and can handle long fights (so, tactician/skaen, chanter/something, or SC monk, or something I haven't thought of yet)

The fourth is getting past the sticky parts (FS/BW with minimal rests, megabosses)

Following this, I've personally made it to midgame, but I've always ended up making some dumb mistake.

I think the safest way is do two playthrough in parallel. So you can always try and test first before u do anything stupid.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, thelee said:

I don't know about anyone else, but doing these runs kinda requires you to have lots of metagaming knowledge, and at least for myself i'm doing rehearsal runs with a different character for each "chunk" of my main run. so in practice, it doesn't add much annoyance, just extra precaution. (though i haven't watched raven/victorcreed's stream much so don't know if they are doing ship-to-ship battles. i am explicitly avoding them because i think with wael it's basically a severe game of russian roulette. i imagine if you actually do want to do them or get caught in them, wael debuff would be extremely annoying)

Raven Darkholme decided not to engage in ship combat opting for surrender when inevitable. I have not tested it myself, but I think they should be doable against low-level captains/weak ships with proper equipment. The question remains if its worth to bother with them at all.

7 minutes ago, dunehunter said:

I think the safest way is do two playthrough in parallel. So you can always try and test first before u do anything stupid.

No kidding, as we saw what happened yesterday on the stream when one underestimates own let's say humanity ;)

---

It was nice to see Boeroer, among others, dropping by yesterday and chipping in with bits of own experience, own meta-knowledge. I can't speak for Vic but I enjoyed this aspect, cooperative effort to defeat the challenge, very much.  

• Like 2