Before my game repeatedly crashed at Ukaizo with the 5.0 patch installed, I noticed that the Guardian of Ukaizo had a new beneficial effect listed: "The Last Megaboss x4."  I had already beat the other four mega bosses on this save, which should account for the "x4" modifier.  Would anyone care to take a peek into the game's files to see the exact effects this bonus grants?  It looked like a pretty substantial bonus to the Guardian's defenses, but my game repeatedly crashed before I noticed any other changes.  

The ability The Last Megaboss seems to add these:

+9 Accuracy

+9 All Defenses

+1 AR

x1.25 Damage

x1.25 Healing

+1315 Max Health

+1 Pen

I haven't fought the boss yet, but it sounds like each of the above is multiplied by the number of megabosses you haven't beaten. Whew!

• Thanks 2

28 minutes ago, arkteryx said:

So does this make the final boss easier or harder after killing the megabosses? Another case where they should really let us see tooltips for enemies.

Easier after killing the megabosses imo. Each alive mega boss gives the guardian one stack of buff.

Btw does the new buff make it very hard to beat the guardian? The guardian seems to be weak enough even with the new buffs. It has super low original deflection (like around 80), even if it gets +36 deflection it's still not high enough to resist builds that can interrupt.

Edited by dunehunter

1 minute ago, DozingDragon said:

Well, in my save where I had cleared all of the mega bosses the guardian had 4 stacks of the buff.  So I think it makes the Guardian harder per each mega boss that has been defeated.

Oh ok, hmm but do u need to beat all megabosses in the ultimate run? If not it makes no sense to kill them because it makes guardian tougher.

Edited by dunehunter

13 hours ago, dunehunter said:

Oh ok, hmm but do u need to beat all megabosses in the ultimate run? If not it makes no sense to kill them because it makes guardian tougher.

It kind of makes sense- If someone did all the megabosses it must be because they like fighting megabosses, so give them a really tough final boss to test their mettle on. If someone skipped the megabosses then they'd probably appreciate the end boss not being so tough.

• Like 1

So wait, let me get this straight. The final boss of the game becomes many times tougher if you choose to skip the optional superbosses that were added as a gimmick? That makes NO sense! Sure the final boss is not hard at level 20. But adding 5K HP, 36 accuracy and defenses and an extra 4 pen makes a huge difference.

If you align with a faction, under which circumstance is the Guardian not spawning? I would be greatly disappointed if I got there and there was no fight so I want to make sure I avoid that.

Cool beans about the Guardian’s getting the buff, by the way. 

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

44 minutes ago, AndreaColombo said:

If you align with a faction, under which circumstance is the Guardian not spawning? I would be greatly disappointed if I got there and there was no fight so I want to make sure I avoid that.

Spoiler

It's if you release the watershaper's enslaved dragon - he'll come and kill the end boss for you in a textscene.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, falchen said:
  Hide contents

It's if you release the watershaper's enslaved dragon - he'll come and kill the end boss for you in a textscene.

I do that every time and all he does is help you get through the storm and fight the fleet if I recall correctly. He doesn't kill the boss that's for sure. Maybe if you leave his essence 100% and not syphen something for the watershapers?

32 minutes ago, AeonsLegend said:

I do that every time and all he does is help you get through the storm and fight the fleet if I recall correctly. He doesn't kill the boss that's for sure. Maybe if you leave his essence 100% and not syphen something for the watershapers?

That's weird. Only time I got to fight the guardian was one playthrough where I skipped that quest entirely, other times I assumed that's why he doesn't spawn.

Just so we are clear, the boss we are talking about is a dragon and not the faction representative + cohorts.

Edited by falchen

In my play through I helped him and fought the Guardian, but I can't remember whether I siphoned anything for the Watershapers (probably I did.)

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

24 minutes ago, falchen said:

That's weird. Only time I got to fight the guardian was one playthrough where I skipped that quest entirely, other times I assumed that's why he doesn't spawn.

Just so we are clear, the boss we are talking about is a dragon and not the faction representative + cohorts.

Yes, this one: https://pillarsofeternity.gamepedia.com/Guardian_of_Ukaizo

But like I said perhaps if you leave his soul in tact he will do more for you? I never tried that route. The wikis don't say anything about Scyorielaphas killing the Guardian though.