Update #61 - Patch Update 5.0 - The Return of the Ultimate

The white background makes the text almost painful to read, though.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/11/2020 at 12:18 PM, Sergiy said:

Why no new patches? I doubt they balanced and fixed everything new in 5.0. I understand 5.0 should be the last "major" patch, but minor patches are inevitable in such complex games. For example FPS issues are still present

frankly deadfire didn't sell enough to warrant such prolonged support - it only barely broke even well after patching support stopped. at some point you have to put your staff members on projects where they can make bigger bucks. given how much attention obsidian's other games have gotten (grounded, outer worlds) it makes business sense.

even for games that have extremely high sales, it's more cost-effective to stop support and work on something new. skyrim has been re-released like a bajillion times but hasn't had a balance or content patch in ages, despite the fact that it's so buggy that the unofficial skyrim patch is always something i recommend people install before starting the game.

that's just the reality of the game industry.