Update #61 - Patch Update 5.0 - The Return of the Ultimate

1 hour ago, Verde said:

Tyranny on the [other] hand is carefully crafted, engaging, and not completely bug ridden [...].

Hahahaha. 😄 Stop it already. You're killing me.

• Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

I have completed THE ULTIMATE...readthrough of the Ultimate rules and decided I can't quite manage it :p

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat:

19 hours ago, Verde said:

Boeroer it's time to admit Pillars 2 is lackluster in every department but combat. Luckily for those who enjoy the combat its 70% of the game. My final rating = 7/10.

Tyranny on the hand is carefully crafted, engaging, and not completely bug ridden (except for hilariously undercooked Bastard's Wound) DLC.

I know you will go to the grave defending Pillars 2, but it could have and should have been much better.

tyranny still have major bug even after the two year anniversary pack

and the run out of budget in the middle of development symptom are much more obvious then poe and deadfire

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, and now I should get some spare time for The Ulitmate...

I guess rouge / something should be the way, still so many hard fights!

Has anyone started the ultimate run already?

Done this with Moon Godlike Wizard

q22yrpP.png

Perebor steam

There is this thread here that I am checking a lot trying to see who on the forums completes first, haven't Googled but don't think anyone has completed it yet.  Also anyone want to wager?  I have $10 US on thelee ⚔️

Edited by bringingyouthefuture

“How do you 'accidentally' kill a nobleman in his own mansion?"

"With a knife in the chest. Or, rather, a pair of knives in the chest...”

The Final Empire, Mistborn Trilogy

22 hours ago, Nail said:

Wow, and now I should get some spare time for The Ulitmate...

I guess rouge / something should be the way, still so many hard fights!

Has anyone started the ultimate run already?

Rogue? Rogue's pretty terrible with the Ultimate I'd say.

I know of three people who started an Ultimate run:

@thelee, @Raven Darkholme and jesussaysno. The last two seem to have paused or canceled their attempts. At least they don't stream it anymore.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Boeroer said:

Rogue? Rogue's pretty terrible with the Ultimate I'd say.

I know of three people who started an Ultimate run:

@thelee, @Raven Darkholme and jesussaysno. The last two seem to have paused or canceled their attempts. At least they don't stream it anymore.

i'm still at it, but slowly so I don't completely burn out. I don't know about anyone else, but the way I'm doing it is extremely repetitive and tedious (basically breaking it up into easily-rehearsable and heavily pre-planned chunks), so I can only do so much at a time without needing a break to play something more mindless like division 2. At least it's not as bad as PoE1 the ultimate, which was mostly just attrition and I literally started a different "just for fun" PoE1 run in the middle of it just so I could actually enjoy the game.

Edited by thelee
  • Like 2

Enjoying the new Kingmaker DLC too much atm, but I'll get back to the Ultimate once I feel like I had a proper break.

I restarted 3 or 4 times, having to do Neketaka all over again breaks my spirit at some point. ;)

(No actual skill involved but way too repetitive)

• 2 months later...

1) To the Obsidian Team, what a work you did out there, this is just beyond my expectations. In my opinion since Baldur's Gate series, i didnt enjoy a RPG more than PoE2 (the 1st one also) and Tyranny and thats something !

Im ready for a last 5.0 run probably not Ultimate as it looks way too much painful to run :) 

I wish there would have been way more balance notes (like for Solo class mainly :( ).

As a lot of people wish to have a PoE3 and any great games you can produce.

Here is something that might help you for good.

2) Make your games Multiplayer (just private ones). I will give you here a quick exemple.

I have a groupe of a dozen friends that enjoy RPGS that all trust me for my knowledge of finding good ones.

a ) Eight of them were convinced to get divinity original sin 2, in addition to my own purchase --> Total : 9 selling.

b) I exposed them that Pillars of Eternity 2 is WAY better in a lot of ways and way more immersive.

Still only 2 of them bought it, the given reason by all the others : "meh there is no multiplayer i don't like to venture alone" --> Total : 3 selling.

And i kinda understand them, i loved doing runs of Baldur's Gate in multiplayer back in the days, and a "poor" game like Icewind Dale i would have drop it if i played solo because it is quite boring. There is a great deal here to dig for Obsidian.

Stop messing your games sales and just implement a private multiplayer --> lot more sellings for sure.

Again thanks for the amazing work you did here, i'd dream of a Pillars of Eternity 3 espcially there is a LOT that can be done with how it ends...

Regards,

Malanir

Maybe now with the bigger company and thus more expertise on that matter they'll consider it. I don't need it but I played a lot of "private" cooperative multiplayer with RPGs on so called "LAN-Parties" when I was younger. 

Indeed, i really felt bad when it happened to me, i don't see another explanation even though DOS 2 worked hard on the cooperation aspect, still, the story/immersion is far better in PoE 2..

Some people also told me that when they enjoyed a solo run, they wish to have the possibility to share the experience with someone in a new run.

I really hope Obsidian will seize the opportunity to make more money without penalizing all their work and efforts. 😇

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi. I know this is a lame question but how do I know if i am running the most up to date version... I do not think I am. at the top right of the load screen it says V4.1.20047... I bought through steam, and if my assumption is right that I DO NOT have the latest update I can't for the life of me figure out how to get the most up to date version.

side note. I keep getting a bug where characters enter combat with a random weapon that they are not armed with. Not sure if this relates to the update Q but it is super annoying. 

@rtokar: If you are on Steam you should have the latest version. You'd need to do complicated things to NOT have it. It's weird that you are at 4.something. Did you deactivate automatic updates? If so you can probably deinstall and reinstall and that should solve the problem. With cloud saves enabled your saves should be fine. You can also save them manually.

Weapon bug: I guess you are wearing a certain necklace named "Necklace of Unlocked Possibilities" which summons a random unique weapon into the character's hands at the start of combat. Look for it. If you have it it's not a bug but a feature. :)

If you don't have it then it's the weirdest bug I ever saw here and you would be the first one to ever report it. In this case: congrats! ;)

Edited by Boeroer
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Boeroer said:

@rtokar: If you are on Steam you should have the latest version. You'd need to do complicated things to NOT have it. It's weird that you are at 4.something. Did you deactivate automatic updates? If so you can probably deinstall and reinstall and that should solve the problem. With cloud saves enabled your saves should be fine. You can also save them manually.

Weapon bug: I guess you are wearing a certain necklace named "Necklace of Unlocked Possibilities" which summons a random unique weapon into the character's hands at the start of combat. Look for it. If you have it it's not a bug but a feature. :)

If you don't have it then it's the weirdest bug I ever saw here and you would be the first one to ever report it. In this case: congrats! ;)

Yep. that Necklace was the issue :) It was a feature not a bug! Thanks for the advise on the update. I do have auto download activated. So not sure what's going on. this is the first time I've had the problem. I'll try and uninstall / reinstall.

Edited by rtokar
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
2 hours ago, Boeroer said:

Game's patching cycle has been finished for a looong time now. There's nothing coming.

Oh no, I meant the reward patches for completing the Ultimate. Might be a dumb question but I didn't see anything about it on a quick search.

• Haha 2

lol at the ambiguous meaning of the word "patch" here

given how freaking hard the ultimate is, i wouldn't be surprised if they had patches available for many years. it's been more than a year and they still have most of the patches remaining.

Edited by thelee

• 1 month later...