This is not a post mirror.   im just adding here for other playes the cheats to change companion classes in order for it to be registered in the forum.  Thanks to boerer for the help!

EXAMPLES:

comp classes

setclasslevel companion<hit tab until Konstanten pops up> Barbarian 8 true

player classes

setclasslevel player<hit tab> paladin 8 true

SetClasslevel <companion_name> <base_class_name> <level> true

and then

SetSubclass <companion_name> <base_class_name> <subclass_name>

I think (?) you don't have to remove/add the lvl-0 abilites manually but maybe you have to. This is done with the AddAbility player<hit tab> <abilityname> and RemoveAbility commands.

Edited by nouser
  • Like 1

For companion name just type "comp" and hit tab repeatedly until something like companion_clone(Pallegina) shows up. You can use tab to complete all parts of the command if you're not sure how the spelling is.

unfortunately the cheat do not seem to really change class , because once you go to the vendor to retrain , the class goes back to the original. in this case konstanten returns to chanter.   dont know if using codes to add experience to companions could correct this.

also, just to know, it would be great if the codes for multiclasses are listed here,

Edited by nouser

these are the codes for changing sublasses and multiclasses.  codes for adding experience are still missing though

Findcharacter Eder

setclasslevel *input whatever findcharacter returned* Fighter 1 True

//Edér is now a lv1 fighter

setclasslevel *input whatever findcharacter returned* Rogue 1 False

//Edér is now a level 1 Fighter/Rogue

setsubclass *input whatever findcharacter returned* Fighter Fighter_Unbroken

//Edér is now an Unbroken/Rogue

the following message appears after changing the class :  Changing 'Companion_Konstanten(Clone)' class from   '*Missing string -1*"  to 'barbarian' level 9. 

i wonder if thats related to me previously installing unity (although after that i think i manually uninstalled the unity archives).  i  hope that i will not have to re-install the game.  has someone had a symilar problem ?

Edited by nouser

Really? Because all the questions you ask are covered by the wiki here: https://pillarsofeternity.gamepedia.com/Console

Also, if you want to fiddle with settings on your characters I'd suggest to use Unity Console. It's much more effective and has more options. Easier to use as well. Changing character classes is iffy though in this game. So make sure to clean up any left over passives and abilities from the old class. I've changed classes many times through unity console and it always works perfectly.

the command i mentioned is to change the class and level of a companion.  this was sucessful, but when i go to retrain the companion goes back to the previous class . the wiki does not deal with that...

Edited by nouser

Exmaple:   setclasslevel companion<hit tab until Konstanten pops up> Barbarian 9 true .   Konstanten clears all his abilities and becomes a lv 9 barbarian,  . but when retraning he resets to the previous class.

the following message appears after changing the class :  Changing 'Companion_Konstanten(Clone)' class from   '*Missing string -1*"  to 'barbarian' level 9. 

Edited by nouser

SOLVED THE PROBLEM.

What you need to do is to change the companion to ONLY Level 1.  after changing companion to level 1  and retraining, the character will actually go all levels until it gets to the level of the experience  he/she has . Thanks for the patience.

Edited by nouser

• 2 years later...

I did manage to test it out on Playstation, it worked on Eder while experimenting with sending him to his priesthood for Berath. Problem is I don't know how to replace Tab button on the controller, and it doesn't print out Findcharacter values. Could someone please check the commands for Rymrgand subclass, and what would be a valid findcharacter info for hirelings?

You can change a hireling's class like so:

setClasslevel Companion_P_<name_of_the_hireling> Priest 1 true

If your hireling already is a Priest (would recommend to hire as a Priest) you can switch the subclass to Rymrgand like so:

setSubclass Companion_P_<name_of_the_hireling> Priest LAX02_Priest_Rymrgand

Also make sure that your Priest gets the fitting starting passive ability for this subclass. In Priest's cases it's just a hollow ability that lets you see it on the ability sheet and check their bonus spells and description of the subclass. But still - without there might be problems. So here we go:

AddAbility Companion_P_<name> LAX02_Rymrgand_Deity

What most likely threw you off was the LAX02 (that's a zero, not the letter O). That's the internal name of the Beast of Winter DLC which introduced the Priest of Rymrgand subclass. :)
All hirelings start with "Companion_P_" and then the name you gave them. I actually don't know how spaces and special chars will get represented (will somwhow work, I just never tried and have no savegame with such a dude) so maybe for now stick to a plain old name without fancy stuff. ;) 

A Priest subclass will get a special bonus spell at level 1. You will have that of the original subclass - but not the one from Rymrgand. So you need to remove the old one and add the one from Rymrgand (example: Berath --> Rymrgand):

removeAbility Companion_P_<name> Touch_of_Rot_Berath

AddAbility Companion_P_<name> LAX02_Rymrgand_Touch_Of_Rot

And that should be it. Hope it works (it should, it does on Desktops - but I have no exp. with the game ond any gaming console).

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

I did not know about the Lax02 part, thank you.

Should I also remove Magran's deity bonus? For hirelings, let's say the name is "XY", would it be something like this:

removeAbility Companion_P_XY Magran_Deity

No (Clone) like with story companions, correct? It's a lv4 priest of Magran, I have the first 2 spells there. What would be their console command names?

5 hours ago, Viryu said:

removeAbility Companion_P_XY Magran_Deity

Exactly!

Yes, no "Clone". Don't know why, maybe it has something to to with instancing the game objects, but whatever. :)

You can look up the names of the spells to remove in the wiki:
https://pillarsofeternity.fandom.com/wiki/Fan_of_Flames_(Priest_of_Magran)
https://pillarsofeternity.fandom.com/wiki/Spiritual_Weapon_(Priest_of_Magran)

OR - maybe that's the best option if I think about it: don't bother with removin the spells manually but after using SetSubclass and adding the Magran_Deity just go to an inn and retrain, that should be the cleanest solution and less hassle on a game console with a gamepad and so on. :) That should automatically remove everything and let you level up from 1 to 4 again - I think even the lvl-1 bonus spell.

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods