Installed the unity console by unzipping it in the game folder. then copied the pillars of eternity 2 Data  Folder and pillars of eternity 2 exe to the IPA folder. but during the game i cant acess the console via ctrl+F8 KEY , as nothing happens.  a  unity engine window  opens when i start the game (but not through f8)  , but i cant do the cheat i want (to change Konstanten class).  this happen if i either go in the game through pillars of eternity 2 patch and lauch or pillars of eternity 2 regular exe.  what should i do to correct this?

Edited by nouser

Yes. I think the most mess-free way is memorize your char level, then change the class with the console (this will not change your abilites) and then go retraining in a tavern (this will reset your abilites properly without having to remove/add all abilites via console as well).

If you are a lvl 8 Fighter and want to become a lvl 8 Paladin you type:

iroll20s

setclasslevel player<hit tab> paladin 8 true

And then go retrain. I think (?) you don't have to remove/add the lvl-0 abilites manually but maybe you have to. This is done with the AddAbility player<hit tab> <abilityname> and RemoveAbility commands.

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

It was an example. To change Konstanten's class to barb you type

setclasslevel companion<hit tab until Konstanten pops up> Barbarian 8 true
Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

many thanks brother !  sorry about the double post topic, but i was unsure about what category the post belonged.   for people who are reading this post.  i think you do not require unity mod to do this. 

Edited by nouser

You do realize that using iroll20s disables achievements right? Using the unity console does not. However my experience with unity console is that changing the class requires manual cleaning up as it doesn't remove passives from previous classes, nor does it add the first ability you pick at character creation. So that one has to be enabled as well.

In order to use Unity Console propperly you need to do the following:

1. Extract Unity Console zipfile to your game folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Pillars of Eternity II) on steam
  2. You should now see the Plugins and IPA folder in the PoEII folder as well as IPA.exe and the Mono.Cecil.dll
  3. Now drag your game executable (PillarsOfEternityII.exe) over IPA.exe
  4. You will see a console pop up that patches the game in order to use it with Unity Console

When you now launch the game Unity Console will be active at the top right.

Be mindful. Having Unity Console active will lag your game considerably. You can disable it by turning it off in game (click the X at top right). If you want to remove it you will have to drag the game executable over IPA.exe once again, but this time hold ALT while doing so. You may have to run a game repair or data integrity check in steam after removing Unity Console.