Pillars of Eternity Deadfire Console release date ?

Hello, 

Do we have an idea of the release date for POE 2? 

I thought I have read somewhere it was for May 2019, but can't remember or retrieve the info...

Please any confirmation ? 

Thanks

• Like 2

Pillars of Eternity PS4 - RPG fan - Native language French, so please forgive my poor English speaking ...

1 hour ago, Elric Galad said:

They probably plan to have an out-of-beta turn-based mode before releasing it on console, in order to have a wider potential audience.

That's for sure !

I believe in a release date 4 to 6 weeks after the next patch, if everything works as intended. 

Better than nothing, I really hope they will hurry, because those time are really empty for RPG lovers... ATM I am playing old games, because there is nothing on the market...

• Like 1

Pillars of Eternity PS4 - RPG fan - Native language French, so please forgive my poor English speaking ...

On 5/3/2019 at 3:47 PM, Dyxx said:

That's for sure !

I believe in a release date 4 to 6 weeks after the next patch, if everything works as intended. 

I love the optimism, but I highly doubt the next patch will be adequate, and considering they will be making physical copies, I can't see the launch being any faster then 10 weeks after a stable release candidate build is ready, at the minimum. We are talking about porting to multiple platforms, multiple rounds of QA, the actual production and shipping, and whatever grace period stores need to actually get the product advertised and on shelves. 

As much as I want my switch copy to be ready and shipping today, I cannot see any hope of the game releasing for consoles before October, best case scenario. I'd find it more realistic to expect it mid November. I'd love to be horribly wrong, but it certainly won't be ready for the summer release window, meaning they will probably aim for the winter release window instead, which would be an excellent time to launch console versions. 

On 5/4/2019 at 5:06 PM, fced said:

Better than nothing, I really hope they will hurry, because those time are really empty for RPG lovers... ATM I am playing old games, because there is nothing on the market...

Same!

20 hours ago, Xenavire said:

I love the optimism, but I highly doubt the next patch will be adequate, and considering they will be making physical copies, I can't see the launch being any faster then 10 weeks after a stable release candidate build is ready, at the minimum. We are talking about porting to multiple platforms, multiple rounds of QA, the actual production and shipping, and whatever grace period stores need to actually get the product advertised and on shelves. 

As much as I want my switch copy to be ready and shipping today, I cannot see any hope of the game releasing for consoles before October, best case scenario. I'd find it more realistic to expect it mid November. I'd love to be horribly wrong, but it certainly won't be ready for the summer release window, meaning they will probably aim for the winter release window instead, which would be an excellent time to launch console versions. 

I hope we know more in the next 11 - 12 hours. 

Let's hope you're wrong, 'cause I don't wanna wait much longer. I'm bored of theorycrafting... 

4 hours ago, Dyxx said:

I hope we know more in the next 11 - 12 hours. 

Let's hope you're wrong, 'cause I don't wanna wait much longer. I'm bored of theorycrafting... 

I sincerely hope I'm wrong too, but I've been a QA before for a digital only game, and the delays there were sometimes quite extreme (and that's only talking about times where there was a set release date). So not even taking into account actually producing a physical product, if the next build isn't flawless, and they haven't already ported most of the game files over to each console in order to fast track QA, we have months of waiting, at the minimum. 

Luckily I long since tempered my expectations (the moment the release date went from known to unknown, I knew it would be coming late this year, if not next year), so I'm ready for it - I just hope Beamdog can fast track the ports they are working on for switch, because I do have an itch to scratch, and unless Obsidian decides to make me a happy boy by porting Pillars 1, I know it is going to be a while. 

Fingers crossed that I'm being overly pessimistic though. 

17 minutes ago, Boeroer said:

IIRC Obsidian is not doing the console ports themselves?

Without a finalised build (and forwarding whatever fixes may be needed assuming there are patches between then and the release), the ports can't go anywhere. So unless there is already a finalised build, and assuming anything else will be patched in later, the console ports could be well underway. 

But I doubt there is a finalised build yet, and won't be until TBM is done. So the bottleneck here is still Obsidian getting things to a certain point. It really wouldn't matter if Obsidian was doing the ports themselves either, because the real work needs that specific build to be ready. 

Cool, but what has that to do with what I said/asked? :)

Besides that: Aarik said something along the lines of "end of the year". I mean he said "this year, but no release date yet" - but in my experience that translates to end of the year pretty much.

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

13 hours ago, Boeroer said:

Cool, but what has that to do with what I said/asked? :)

Besides that: Aarik said something along the lines of "end of the year". I mean he said "this year, but no release date yet" - but in my experience that translates to end of the year pretty much.

Sorry if I misunderstood, but I assumed your point was to do with the timeline of the ports (that because they aren't being done in-house, that they will be faster.) If it was just idle conversation, then yes, I believe I have heard that too. 

And I agree, what has been said by Aarik lines up pretty well with my estimation for October/November. I still hope I'm wrong of course, especially since I had originally planned to get a switch on my birthday, and Pillars a few weeks later (I have the switch, but Pillars is clearly far from a console release). 

Edited by Xenavire

• 6 months later...

It is a very long time since i posted this message, and still no Deadfire on console... Is Deadfire for PS4/Xbox still planned?

Edited by fced

I mailed Versus Evil several times and never got any response. Obsidian always responded with end 2019. We still got some days to go. Maybe they are trying to do it more then perfect for the consoles to make it a success or maybe they abandoned it.

I red somewhere about a playable consoleport at gamescom this year.

Edited by Dyxx

The console version is done by Versus Evil who have no direct connection to Microsoft afaik. And it's also not an XBox exclusive thing. Maybe that's why. 

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

31.12.2019 is just a placeholder. It was said in an interview that the release for xbox/ps4 will be in November.

I wrote to Obsidian a few days ago and all they said were "thx for asking we have no date yet but we will make an official statement when we know a release date". So I don't believe it will be this year.

I wonder if they had ever planned to release a port earlier ? Maybe if the PC sales would have been better ?

Greetings 

I hope whoever is making this game for ps4, I hope you know that this game is something I've been so excited about for awhile now, and as soon as I see it on the ps4,  I'm buying it.

Maybe the sales for POE2 on consoles will be far higher than it was on PC?  If that becomes true, would it then be possible for a POE3 and have it release on consoles before or at the same time as PC?  <3