What are you playing RIGHT NOW?

Amentep

Devil May Cry 1 (HD Collection)

Completed Mission 20 and realized that there are more (all other DMC games I've played had only 20). Mixed feelings on the game, not including the quality of the port (PS button prompts, a separate program to configure keybindings, occasional FPS drops). So far the most difficult things were the last encounter with Nelo Angelo and 30 degree jumps. Fortunately, it's possible to fly in DT, so the latter are mostly avoidable.

Edit. Completed the game and it threw me into NG+.
I guess, DMC1 is important as a historical artifact (one of the first genre-defining 3D hack'n'slash games), but it did not age well and the port could be better.

Edited by Hawke64

Played a bit more of The Talos Principle. I am enjoying this a whole lot, gotta love a good puzzle game with a weird story to it. At times, it reminds me of Portal.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Booted up Assetto Corsa after few months break and tried new driving wheel. I have now big issue. The pedals which suit me best are from Thrustmaster, and the wheel is best by Logitech... And they cannot be connected together... grrrrr... proprietary **** never brought anything useful to the plate...

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Finished up Destiny 2's Forsaken campaign, was good fun.

Unfortunately the game's servers (or the game's networking code) appear to be terrible, disconnects are rampant and usually happen when the game tries to save state (iow it's not related to the P2P nature of matchmaking), like loot or mission progress. Having to redo 2 out of the 8 barons (which are solo things, so P2P doesn't even factor in) because the game bailed after beating the boss was...not enjoyable.

Other than that trying to get better so I can keep up and contribute a bit more meaningfully in the Verdant Forest, unfortunately that event ends soon.

Still playing through The Following DLC for Dying Alive.  Not entirely sure how I feel about it.  The open world with very little parkour is kind of losing it for me.  Driving around in the buggy isn't as fun as traversing buildings on foot/climbing.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Struggling through Tropico 6, taking too long to beat the Tropicoland scenario.  Tourism is all but pointless to make money off of. Then again, also put my Immigration Office to work in Stephen Miller mode and my workforce got severely depleted.  Luckily I can send pirates to abduct people. 😀

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Yuppie Psycho
Completed the game. I liked the design and graphic style (pixel art), boss battles and puzzles were engaging and made sense. I guess, it was a bit linear (some events by the end were unavoidable), but still quite charming.

22 hours ago, GhostofAnakin said:

Still playing through The Following DLC for Dying Alive.  Not entirely sure how I feel about it.  The open world with very little parkour is kind of losing it for me.  Driving around in the buggy isn't as fun as traversing buildings on foot/climbing.

100% agree with that. Concept of The Following sounded really neat on paper, and the buggy actually handles surprisingly well. Exploring semi-abandoned farms or hiding in ranger towers from zombies actually feels really quite special and atmospheric... At first. But eventually, driving a buggy around simply gets dull, especially given how many times we've done something like that before in other games. Parkour was far more engaging.

• Like 1

Her Story

First time I tried to play this, I got turned off by the interface. This time I just plowed through it and immediately wishlisted the followup.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Clocked like ... 20 hours into Skyrim on Switch thus far.

Possibly my biggest worry about playing the game on Switch was the lack of mod support - the absence of unofficial patch is bad enough, but me not being able to apply a wide array of my own tweaks and adjustments didn't feel entirely appealing to me either.

And... Y'know what? Contrary to popular opinion, vanilla Skyrim absolutely does stand on its own. I mean, I suppose I should have kinda expected that, considering consoles didn't get mods for the game for the longest time and there's a good chance that majority of people playing the game on PC won't really play with mods either.

I'm just surprised by the amount of fun I'm having with the damn thing. Even more than I'd have with mods possibly, considering on my previous attempts to play it I quite likely spent more time worrying about correct combination of mods than actually playing the damned thing. Now I'm running about, exploring and having a blast.

5 hours ago, Tale said:

Her Story

First time I tried to play this, I got turned off by the interface. This time I just plowed through it and immediately wishlisted the followup.

Loved Her Story. Especially the ballad. 😄

• Like 1

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

Went back to Stories: The Path Of Destinies and did the True Hero ending. Still have a lot of bad ends I haven't seen, but I guess I'll do one quick playthrough every few months to unlock them all eventually.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Trying to kill that behemoth called Holler in The Following DLC.  Emphasis on 'trying' because can't seem to dent its health.  I've thrown literally every explosive I have at it and I've only managed to whittle its health down to about 3/4 full.  His armor doesn't seem to break, and 9 times out of 10 my grenades/shots don't even take a single bit of health off.

Stupid.

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

While my own house isn't 100% finished in Conan Exiles, it's at a point where it's functional and a comfortable enough place for me to sleep, hence I've moved on to other, more pressing, building projects for now. I put my Shrine of Set way up on the top of a cliff so that it can be seen from far away and anyone that gets anywhere near my base immediately knows that's what's up, but it's unreachable without climbing, so I'm in the process of building a grand staircase so that the faithful may worship and sacrifice human hearts to the Old Serpent easily. After that I'm going to pave a plaza for all my crafting stations (currently they're just directly on the ground, haphazardly arranged in a vague L shape), then I'm going to build a home for my thralls. It's not going to be as grand as my own house, obviously, but I wanna make it a decent enough place for them to live, give all of them their own room (rather than just a bunch of beds is a single room, like a barracks), and a place to eat and relax and stuff. I feel I'm a pretty good mistress. Sure, after I knock people out in the wild I rope em up and drag their unconscious bodies back to my base, then put them in the Wheel of Pain for as long as it takes to break their spirit and mind. After that, though, provided they do their jobs properly and always "Yes mistress", "Of course mistress", "As you desire, mistress" when addressing me, they get to live in relative safety, have plentiful food, a roof over their heads, and are invited to all my wild parties and orgies. The vast majority would have probably just been killed out in the wild anyway, so all in all, they lucked out. 

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Playing Imperator Rome. There is definitely a learning curve but not too bad if you have played Paradox games. If you are familiar with Stellaris or EU you'll pick it up. Lots  and lots of detail that you can micromanage as much or as little as you like. It's pretty, bug free, and fun. It isn't perfect. I leans on some crutches you don't want in a RTS and if you are a TW fan you will miss tactical battles. But over all it's a very pleasant time waster. 

Being a Paradox title you already can guess the game we are playing today will look nothing like this a year from now..

• Thanks 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

The Talos Principle

I have seen about 1/3 of the game so far and it is truly amazing. Some puzzles that look impossible at first are solveable if you truly focus and use your brain. If anything, this game has tought me that no matter what people think or say, I am still an intelligent person. :)

• Like 1

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

5 hours ago, Keyrock said:

While my own house isn't 100% finished in Conan Exiles, it's at a point where it's functional and a comfortable enough place for me to sleep, hence I've moved on to other, more pressing, building projects for now. I put my Shrine of Set way up on the top of a cliff so that it can be seen from far away and anyone that gets anywhere near my base immediately knows that's what's up, but it's unreachable without climbing, so I'm in the process of building a grand staircase so that the faithful may worship and sacrifice human hearts to the Old Serpent easily. After that I'm going to pave a plaza for all my crafting stations (currently they're just directly on the ground, haphazardly arranged in a vague L shape), then I'm going to build a home for my thralls. It's not going to be as grand as my own house, obviously, but I wanna make it a decent enough place for them to live, give all of them their own room (rather than just a bunch of beds is a single room, like a barracks), and a place to eat and relax and stuff. I feel I'm a pretty good mistress. Sure, after I knock people out in the wild I rope em up and drag their unconscious bodies back to my base, then put them in the Wheel of Pain for as long as it takes to break their spirit and mind. After that, though, provided they do their jobs properly and always "Yes mistress", "Of course mistress", "As you desire, mistress" when addressing me, they get to live in relative safety, have plentiful food, a roof over their heads, and are invited to all my wild parties and orgies. The vast majority would have probably just been killed out in the wild anyway, so all in all, they lucked out.  

Making a note to figure out where Keyrock lives so I can plan my walking trips around that knowledge, literally ;)

Still playing Destiny 2 (with some Skyrim on the side), turns out the mission I thought was the end of the campaign (killed the "big bad" and all), well, wasn't. Unlocked an entirely new area now that I can explore, yay!

On that note, I kinda like Destiny's setting (or at least the more grounded bits), this "post golden-age apocalypse" kinda does it for me, the combination of technology and archaeology is awesome when combined with the atmosphere, the feeling of nostalgia for what used to be, the lingering dreams of the inhabitants as to what could have been...

A game in such a setting that allows us to just dig through stuff and uncover the stories of the places would be mint. I mean rather than deal with space magic and shoot bad guys I'd prefer to just stay on Titan and dig through the ruins of the floating cities, or the labs on Mars, or whatever is left of Earth...

I'll accept that I'm just weird though, but a man can dream...

Edited by marelooke

Another annoyance with Dying Light: The Following is whoever thought it was a good idea to just flood the level with virals should probably never be allowed to design levels anymore.

They literally show up all the time, and in packs of like 7 or 8 each time.  They're not scary, they don't add tension, and they're relatively easy to defeat.  They're just so damn annoying because they show up ALL THE TIME.

At least in the base game they only showed up if you made loud noises, and it was usually one or two of them.  Now, I step on a stick or a punch a zombie too loudly and I have an entire horde of them converging on me.

Orwell 1 and 2

Orwell 1 is fantastic. It's thought-provoking with great characters, interesting twists, and a real feel of agency.

Orwell 2 is okay, but mostly feels like someone pushed them to get a sequel out when they didn't really feel like it. It lost pretty much everything that made the first great.

The first one has a moral ambiguity in using this invasive system to hunt down a bomber, where you can try to convince yourself you're sticking to only what's important to the case and to save lives. All the while you're exploring the impact and morality of the system.

The second one abandons all that and you're just trying to smear some obnoxious journalist. And you feel railroaded until the very end of the final act into doing just that.

I've been bouncing between a number of games over the past few months.

I dropped FFIII right at endgame due to the grueling grind the game expects you to do in order to clear the last leg of the game (you have to go through the game's final two dungeons and like six bosses in a row -without saving-, and the level difference of enemies at the start of the dungeon and the final boss is like 20 levels).

I dropped Shadows: Awakening at around the halfway point I think. I actually did like the game overall, but I guess I didn't like the gameplay loop enough. Since the game is split into two 'realms', it kind of felt like a lot of backtracking to explore on the other 'realm'.

I actually did finish Kingdoms of Amalur and Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark, though.

I ended up dropping Children of Zodiarcs. While the setting is rather compelling, the combat system was a total downgrade from Fell Seal in comparison, so I probably need time to dive back in. On a side note, I'm beginning to notice a lot of tactical games with some sort of deck building system. I have no idea why this is such a popular concept, because I think it sucks (although Children of Zodiarcs probably doesn't pull it off that well, to me it just feels like an unnecessary layer of RNG on top of the already RNG dice roll system when doing any action, I usually just turtle in a corner if I don't have enough cards to attack - especially when the game also doesn't let you move after attacking even if you haven't already yet moved that turn, unlike most other tactics-style games).

Right now I'm going through AC: Odyssey. I'm actually enjoying it a lot, although I kind of have to suspend the narrative a bit because the writing is sort of at complete odds with what you actually do in-game, ha.

Edited by Saito Hikari

playing Stellaris as Imperium of Men. Since there is still no diplomacy worth mentioning in game i figured that purging alien scum was best approach to finally win the damn game. I have last aliance standing against me on medium sized map. Those damn Tau dont want to go quiet into the night. I will eventually eradicate them but I dont know if I will make it in time limit. Fingers crossed that i will have enough influence to claim all their worlds before en of game

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

I'm apparently on a roll lately.

Metro 2033 and Last Light. Thimbleweed Park. Full Throttle Remastered. Orwell 1 and 2. The Order 1886. A little bit of Homeworld Remastered, in progress. And a Chains of Satinav replay.

Homeworld Remastered isn't as fun as I imagined it would be. Interesting plot, just I can't be excited about making ships fight asteroids per my current mission.

Chains of Satinav is a game I remember next to nothing about. All I recall is thinking I loved it after the last time I played it. Time to recall why. I'm on Chapter 3 and I'll say that the Geron/Nuri interaction seems good material for answering the question.