What are you playing RIGHT NOW?

Amentep

Most of my IRL friends from adolescence are RPG virgins so I've been slowly introducing them to my favorites - we're getting too old to play twitchy clown fiesta games so they've finally developed an interest. Lately I've been streaming VTM: Bloodlines on Twitch to show them a worms and all experience: that a game can still be meaningful and fun while overtly threadbare. I'm running a stealth and melee Malkavian and am nearing the game's final chapter... fearing the Griffith Park encounter. It's been a fun ride showcasing a game I've played through an embarrassing amount of times, and I've often gone into detail on some of its more esoteric lore hooks, along with its production history and cult status.

• Like 3

On PC I've been playing the Keep on the Borderlands mod for Temple of Elemental Evil with the Temple+ additions, too.  Good stuff.  Getting me even more excited for Realms Beyond.

On 3DS I've been playing Radiant Historia: Perfect Chronology.  Pretty fun game that avoids a lot of the worst tropes of the JRPG genre and significantly less grindy, too.

Got back into DOS2.  It's funny.  I played a lot of Grim Dawn and there were real dry spells for gear.  That's especially true for my weapon.  DOS2 is the opposite.  The gear progresses quickly.  I'd like it more in the middle.  I find inventory is a chore in the game.  Not really because of weight or space but because there's just a lot of it.  Kind of like a Bethesda game where you can pilfer every wooden cup worth a quarter copper piece.

The woodwork beckons.

I guess I'm done with Control. I've got one optional boss fight left and a couple of little other things. But it crashed while solving the luck puzzle and I decided it's not worth starting back up just for that.

It's a good game,  I'm just tired of running around.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I've been enjoying Classic Wow with some old friends. The slow leveling really gives you a chance to enjoy the world building Blizzard did in each zone.

I've also gotten deep into the first Avernum game. My party has gotten pretty powerful and I've been enjoying the storyline. I think I owned this game for about 8 years without ever getting into it, and now I'm hooked. 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Captain Corcoran said:

DOS is turning out to be a little bit of a chore for a completenik like me.

Try MS-DOS 6.22, the DriveSpace compression should help tidy things up. :shifty:

• Haha 6

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

16 hours ago, Captain Corcoran said:

Doofus!  Okay, Divinity 2 from now on!  So, I just got all my inventory squared and now I need to clean up the cast bar.

Dragon Knight Saga was pretty fun. Don't remember the inventory being that much of a pain though.

Of course, it's been a while since that was released, wonder if they're every going to finish up that story someday. But I guess they're too busy messing with cult classics to care anymore.

:fdevil:

• Haha 1

After recovering from crippling restartitis, I went back to Deus Ex and committed to a stealthy build (pistol and crossbow with high Computers and Lockpicking) . I'm at the helipad mission - thinking it's 1/4 of the way through - and have finally starting hitting the right stride (stealth takedowns are wildly different in other games). This is simply a masterpiece.

• Like 1

Dusted of my GOG copy of Crusader Kings 1 after 3 years, and continued to play my Gemer County -> Niytra Dukedom -> Hungary Kingdom campaign. I am closing to the end of the timeline probably 35 years to go or so. In the meantime, I have completely defeated Bulgar Muslims and vassalised and converted to Catholicism their sheikh. With that I got the title of King of Khazaria and now I am ruling over almost whole Eastern Europe most of the Central, and a big chunk of Italy, Sicilia and Malta, with some small inherited counties in the West and Africa. The biggest issue I have, is that my King is probably going to die very soon, because he catched plague twice in the last 50 years 😄 and his only valid heir is having schysofrenia. The son of the schysofreniac is only inbred, which lowers his stats, but well that makes a really big probability, that my kingdom will crumble before 1452 😄We'll see how much money it will cost to maintain my realm, after the schyzo takes over 😄

• Like 1

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Over the weekend I finished Children of Morta. A fun little action RPG about a family fighting a corruption that's ravaging the land. I ended up beating it without even getting the final tier of skills for any family member. It's pretty easy, but charming with great narration.

I also finished Little Nightmares. Great atmosphere on it, way too many chase sequences.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Ok, more Crusader Kings 1. My king died. But before that, I was able to give more power to my 8 year old kid, than my schyzophrenic firstborn. For a while I had some chaos running around, got attacked by few rebellious vassals and Duchy of Bavaria. The result was, that right before the end of the war my Spy Master poisoned this new King before his 10th birthday... And my kingdom went to the hands of 1 year old and I had to give away more counties to my courtiers, just to hold high enough stability. One good thing came out of it... The reputation mechanics, give you some boost after the new heir takes the throne, so in about 15 years, I went from -8,5% rep to -1,5% rep 😄and that made 4 new counts to ask for me to vassalize them, including Venezia. I took that opportunity. But after few months some random event triggered Realm Duress and everything went completely bonkers. I was able to defeat all the vassals which ran away and forced them to join the Kingdom again, but it was never ending spiral... I spent two hours trying to get out of this ****, but it was impossible, and more random events dropped my Stability to -3, and it was all ****ed... I had to reload back 5 years,  before all this happened :(

Is there anyone who can give me advice, how to solve the Realm Duress without Kingdom going completely to the toilet?

EDIT: Nevermind, I have found my notes from 2016. To bad it was to late :(

"The greatest effects on getting rid of realm duress are being at peace and have all your vassals at, at least 60% loyalty. Whenever your ruler dies, pause the game and check your vassals-loyalty, sent gifts to the ones who are most disloyal and then unpause the game again. "

Edited by Mamoulian War
  • Like 2

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

On 8/28/2019 at 1:43 AM, marelooke said:

Well, given that it's one of the games I regularly play a session of I figured I might as well share whatever I was running when I last logged out:
230410_20190828023916_1.png

Hey, that's a Lato P. You're a Founder.

Here's some Fashion for everybody :). 

aVVvtw1.png

Edited by Hulk'O'Saurus
  • Like 1

IP5ok2U.png

m0x5eY5.pngtBxm170.png

I've just starting playing Deadfire again.  I took up right where I left off, just onboard ship before the pirates attacked.  For some reason, I'm having more fun.  It's better than Divinity 2.  Sometimes games are like that.  I'll play a while and see if it keeps its charm.

EDIT:  hey, really quick, should I spread skills around or pack arcana or what for a wizard?

Edited by Captain Corcoran
  • Like 1

The woodwork beckons.

Wargame: Airland Battle. Looks fantastic. Historical, realistic, micro-focused RTS. No learning curve to speak of -- it's more of a cliff. I get quickly overwhelmed and destroyed even on easy. Took several hours to complete even the tutorials. I am complete garbage and I wouldn't even know where to start, if I wanted to improve.

Does every non-browser strategy game nowadays require a hundred hours of watching gameplays and reading treatise-length guides not to suck massive ass?

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

18 hours ago, Captain Corcoran said:

I've just starting playing Deadfire again.  I took up right where I left off, just onboard ship before the pirates attacked.  For some reason, I'm having more fun.  It's better than Divinity 2.  Sometimes games are like that.  I'll play a while and see if it keeps its charm.

EDIT:  hey, really quick, should I spread skills around or pack arcana or what for a wizard?

In combat I'm not sure that you need Arcana, if you don't use scrolls, but from role-playing perspective it makes sense. In dialogues companions can help with low-level skill checks, but high-level ones require more "support" points in a skill for one normal point. Most scripted interactions can be resolved by companions, but in some of them only the Watcher can participate. I'd recommend to focus on 1-2 active skills and 1 passive per character.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, 213374U said:

Wargame: Airland Battle. Looks fantastic. Historical, realistic, micro-focused RTS. No learning curve to speak of -- it's more of a cliff. I get quickly overwhelmed and destroyed even on easy. Took several hours to complete even the tutorials. I am complete garbage and I wouldn't even know where to start, if I wanted to improve.

Does every non-browser strategy game nowadays require a hundred hours of watching gameplays and reading treatise-length guides not to suck massive ass?

I play wargames too but only ones at the operational or strategic levels and not ones at the tactical level. You may also like Armored Brigade from Matrix Games.

I've been procrastinating today and playing a bit of deadfire.  So much better now that I'm off the ship.  I don't know what it was about the very first part that was off-putting.  It's a much better game than Divinity 2, although there were some fun parts in that also.  Now, I've convinced Rinco not to be such a putz, but I've still got his coin purse.  Ugh.

• Like 1

The woodwork beckons.