What are you playing RIGHT NOW?

Amentep

Control ... weird, but cool

it's third-person action, shooting with cover, bonkers narrative, well-implemented 'paranatural' abilities

Spoiler

not positive yet, but the PC's inner monologue seems to break the fourth wall (a thing that usually is bothersome) in brief, interesting ways ... like it fits right in, storywise

All Stop. On Screen.

I probably should have scaled the difficulty up when doing the White March DLC since I was well past the Level 8 or so suggestion.  I'm basically just destroying mobs of enemies with little difficulty.

Oh well.  I play for the story mostly anyway.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I got Planetary Annihilation: Titans in the Humble sale. And it's fun. I've only played a little of it including the tutorial. Maybe I'll talk about that more later.

The Beginner's Guide is another game I got. I ran through it in an hour and a half. If you're at all interested in narrative games and have no objections to "walking simulators" this is a must buy. It's basically a great short story in game form, focusing on a guy whose friend used to make games that were never meant to be played.

A little bit more of Cat Lady. For a no-risk Horror Adventure game, I still have trouble playing it for long stretches. It still manages to be tense.

And, lastly, ESO is having a free weekend. I played it a bit and I have to say I don't care for it at all. The typical MMO nonsense of way too many enemies to wade through and constantly respawning while you spam the same single slow attack has me put off on this after only a single quest post-tutorial.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I'm officially playing the forum game at the moment.  I'd like to get into DOS 2 more, and I *do* enjoy the game, but I'm back to having no time and I can frequent the forum without investing the same amount of time... and I can do it on my phone.  I've lurked on and off for some time and I find that I get good game buy ideas here, but even if I find something useful in this thread, I imagine I won't buy it until I have more time.  So, I'm playing Captain Corcoran in the operetta called OBSIDIAN.

• Like 1

The woodwork beckons.

19 minutes ago, melkathi said:

Nice try.

But we know now, so none of us believe you, liar.

I'm telling you the truth or my name isn't Brad Pitt.

• Haha 1

I just finished Fire emblem Birthright and it was okay. There was a really stupid story moment near the end that almost made me want to quit but other than that it was enjoyable. I've already played a couple of missions in the Conquest route I'm enjoying it a lot more. In Birthright most of the objectives boiled down to defeat all the enemies in the area but in Conquest there are a lot more varied objectives.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tale said:

I'm telling you the truth or my name isn't Brad Pitt.

I am now really confused. Just few days ago, I would bet my underpants, that you are Vin Diesel’s alter ego...

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Well, Warframe released a new, err, Warframe, so messing around with that.

Also played around a (very little) bit with the Wasteland 3 alpha, combat has a very XCOM feel to it, not yet sure if I dig it. I should note that many things were locked (like skills etc) and that it definitely will need quite the optimization pass before release (which is sort of to be expected with an alpha).

16 hours ago, Mamoulian War said:

I am now really confused. Just few days ago, I would bet my underpants, that you are Vin Diesel’s alter ego...

i knew it

• Gasp! 1

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Been playing F.E.A.R. Platinum, more so the Extraction Point and Perseus Mandate add on's. I beat the first

Fear game but I never got around to playing the add-on's when they come out, so I'm going to do that now.

Edited by wolfrider100

" Life... is strength. That is not to be contested, it seems

logical enough. You live, you affect your world. "

Jon Irenicus ´

3 hours ago, wolfrider100 said:

Been playing F.E.A.R. Platinum, more so the Extraction Point and Perseus Mandate add on's. I beat the first

Fear game but got never got around to playing the add-on's when they come out, so I'm going to do that now.

Were the expansions fixed in the Platinum collection? If I'm not mistaken they were standalone expansions and were not brought up to the same engine patch level as the base game, resulting in serious issues on newer systems. If they were sorted out I might be tempted to buy that game again so I can play the expansions without fear (no pun intended) of my PC locking up...

1 hour ago, marelooke said:

Were the expansions fixed in the Platinum collection? If I'm not mistaken they were standalone expansions and were not brought up to the same engine patch level as the base game, resulting in serious issues on newer systems. If they were sorted out I might be tempted to buy that game again so I can play the expansions without fear (no pun intended) of my PC locking up...

So far I have no issues with the expansions. The games don't look as good on modern hardware like Zoraptor said, but there running fine for me. 

Edited by wolfrider100
  • Thanks 1

" Life... is strength. That is not to be contested, it seems

logical enough. You live, you affect your world. "

Jon Irenicus ´

I like to abuse the phrase "I low key love/hate _____." There's nothing low key about this, I love Control. The loot system is a tedious addition, the dialogues are longer than they need to be with time wasted on internal dialogue. But the gunplay is simply fantastic. And I appreciate the hell out of what they're trying to do with the setting and story.

"Dead state" left me craving for moar classic zombies, unfortunately there are no other RPGs, so I'm playing "Rebuidl 3: Gangs of Deadsville" which is some sort of city builder-lite with zombies. 

In other news, the BG party just left Nashkel mines. Some arsehole wizard in the exit map caught me in a dialogue with combat-only exit. Dropped the wizard, died to jellies. Noticed how much XP he gave, wiki'd "custard jelly", reloaded, dropped them all. Still had to haul Dorn's cadaver to the temple, but now I have a nice wizard's robe...only wizards at lvl 2-3 are still a liability...oh well. The robe's still nice though. 

Monk's seem to be under-utilized in PoE, particularly when it comes to playing one.  I'm trying to play as one on my second play through, but I'm not really seeing any noticeable benefits (ie. dialogue options, story related stuff closely linked to it, etc.).

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

If monk was added as a DLC class (I think so, but I really do not remember) you will probably get dialogue options corresponding to the class only in White March areas and not in base game.

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Naw, monk was a stretch goal in the original Pillars game.  I've always hated the need to throw every character class type in every game in defiance of the setting.  An eastern mysticism game?  Sure, toss in monks but not Chevaliers from the west.  I think they should have had fewer classes and put more meaningful dialogue in for those.  Sadly, from my perspective, that's not how it works.

The woodwork beckons.